Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13119093 times)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #54840 on: November 23, 2018, 11:07:31 PM »
Anybody know anything about New York Institute of Technology or Arcadia U?

I can read scores and all but anecdotal conveyances add dimension.

Kid's back of the line alternate schools.  USC is still number 1.

NY Tech for what area of study? Some of their departments are very good and others kind of crappy. Beautiful campus, though, a former Rockefeller estate in a fairly nice part of Long Island.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #54841 on: November 23, 2018, 11:07:47 PM »
TL, honestly, I can't cook or eat things that look like they did while alive.  I buy bottled bacon bits and square fish filets.  I had mild flashbacks after a Chinese feast where guys competed for the eyes of the poor baked fish on a platter.  God, I'm a pussy.   :-*
Orientals eat weird stuff and in odd ways. It can, surprisingly be good, but often not or moral implications and such. I guess all cultures have/had but there still going on strong and with recent economic power killing off lots of species for even non eating reasons.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #54842 on: November 23, 2018, 11:08:32 PM »
TL, honestly, I can't cook or eat things that look like they did while alive.  I buy bottled bacon bits and square fish filets.  I had mild flashbacks after a Chinese feast where guys competed for the eyes of the poor baked fish on a platter.  God, I'm a pussy.   :-*

I had the same experience in China. A great compliment is presenting the whole fish to guests. First time I had to eat anything that was looking back at me. Only the fear of social embarrassment got me through it
For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #54843 on: November 23, 2018, 11:09:30 PM »
We should suggest that Bill be a guest in his own right.  When you consider that the mild varieties of paprika commonly used for goulash are a relatively recent development, the line between chili and goulash becomes very blurry indeed.
I'm OK with that as long as someone doesn't think they are trendy for calling it chulash and raising the price.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #54844 on: November 23, 2018, 11:09:33 PM »
My husband is like this too and I really don’t understand it. Don’t you want to know what you’re eating?

No
For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #54845 on: November 23, 2018, 11:09:46 PM »
There was a time not long ago I would have thrown myself on a gernade for Heather..
She was so captivating..her voice a siren's song.
Enchanting, spellbinding, dream weaving vixen.
I yearn.

#Legacy

I'm sorry for you, TimeBandit, that the reality is so much more disappointing. She "coulda been a contender" if she had only had some talent and worked at it... in her own style and way. Sigh.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #54846 on: November 23, 2018, 11:11:12 PM »
I'm quite the hypocritical flesh devourer, I must say.  I cried and said a prayer for the poor beast when I had to cook my first Thanksgiving full turkey (all the parts attached).  I didn't know about the baggie of items inside the bird, until after he was baked.  Almost fainted when reaching inside him.  :-[

Sorry to laugh, pawpourri, but I did. First turkey I did, I left the baggie inside as well. Who knew?

My mother never let me live it down, the rascal...  ::)

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54847 on: November 23, 2018, 11:11:52 PM »
Chili is one of those things like goulash (which also has a cowboy-cooking backstory, btw) which started out purely as a meat preparation commonly served on or over various things that convenience soon dictated be mixed in.  Properly, goulash is tough beef crusted in paprika slow-cooked until tender with maybe an onion and a pepper, but these days can cover anything from a vegetable stew to a pasta dish.

Maybe we've found the Finns at last, or at least their Magyar cousins!  The Finno-Ugric origins of chili would make a great three-hour show.

Maybe Bill the Finnish etymological expert from Wisconsin(?) could call in with nonsensical cooking tips!  Yes, that is one show I would enjoy.  But who to host?  George Noory could regale us with burnt tongue stories.  Maybe MW could enlighten us on what NOT to eat in Morocco (didn't he have projectile diarrhea for days after a trip there?).  This could be a plan!   ;)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #54848 on: November 23, 2018, 11:12:36 PM »
You're saying this in the past tense.  Have your feelings changed? We haven't had anything to do with this,  have we?

I hope so... better to deal with the reality than continue to live in false hope, I guess.  :-\

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #54849 on: November 23, 2018, 11:14:16 PM »
No

I kinda second this. First I trouble with food staring at me. I don't like that. I also know I've been told all the awful things that have been put in to hot dogs, multiple times but I've repressed those memories because some taste really good. Also it's a good way to try things. If you don't know what it is, and you try it and like it, then find out it was something you wouldn't have tried if you knew.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #54850 on: November 23, 2018, 11:15:11 PM »
Sorry laugh, pawpourri, but I did. First turkey I did, I left the baggie inside as well. Who knew?

My mother never let me live it down, the rascal...  ::)

There's a baggie??
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #54851 on: November 23, 2018, 11:15:33 PM »
My grandma made goulash with ground beef, macaroni noodles, tomatoes, black pepper and other spices and I think a mixture of tomato paste, and a little bit of ketchup.
Interesting. I use catsup in lists, refererces, a minor protest and attempt to influence language and undercut some politcally influential families. Not working. Styrofoam seems to work better?

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #54852 on: November 23, 2018, 11:17:33 PM »
My husband is like this too and I really don’t understand it. Don’t you want to know what you’re eating?

Sometimes yes, but sometimes NO!   8)

K_Dubb

• Elluminati
« Reply #54853 on: November 23, 2018, 11:17:33 PM »
Maybe Bill the Finnish etymological expert from Wisconsin(?) could call in with nonsensical cooking tips!  Yes, that is one show I would enjoy.  But who to host?  George Noory could regale us with burnt tongue stories.  Maybe MW could enlighten us on what NOT to eat in Morocco (didn't he have projectile diarrhea for days after a trip there?).  This could be a plan!   ;)

As long as the words "butt trumpet" occur at some point in the show, I'm all in.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #54854 on: November 23, 2018, 11:20:22 PM »
Sometimes yes, but sometimes NO!   8)

*Shakes head*
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.