Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13117562 times)

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #54885 on: November 24, 2018, 12:02:47 AM »
Ketchup vs. Catsup, right? A passive aggressive swipe at the Heinz/Kerry coalition I assume

TigerLily, we need Heather back soon! We need Heathe's fodder..

Can food and Thanksgiving talk carry this thread until Monday night?

Don't think so.

Love Heather
Quija Board Update: "January 1, 2035 still alive"

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #54886 on: November 24, 2018, 12:02:55 AM »
TL, honestly, I can't cook or eat things that look like they did while alive.  I buy bottled bacon bits and square fish filets.  I had mild flashbacks after a Chinese feast where guys competed for the eyes of the poor baked fish on a platter.  God, I'm a pussy.   :-*

One of my best friends is Chinese and, along with his parents and his wife, they run a small Chinese take-out.
There have been many late nights after the take-out has closed that I've eaten meals with them. Suffice it to say, I've politely turned down some dishes  ;D

One thing I admire, although it can be tricky, about the Chinese culture is that their children tend to live with their parents to take care of them as they age.
I'm not sure all Asian cultures are like that though.

The MSG they use in foods though is a little too extreme for me.
You put MSG on a turd it would probably taste great. Evil stuff haha

Steamed white rice every day along with veggies and a side dish of meat or fish was basically every meal.
That's not far off from my diet these days  :D

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Flaming heterosexual
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #54887 on: November 24, 2018, 12:07:49 AM »
NY Tech for what area of study? Some of their departments are very good and others kind of crappy. Beautiful campus, though, a former Rockefeller estate in a fairly nice part of Long Island.

Media and Communications.  Supposedly some hookups with internships but I haven't researched it.

Campus sounds like it could have some cool history.  I hear the dorms suck massively.
Eh, nevermind...

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54888 on: November 24, 2018, 12:13:01 AM »
My husband is like this too and I really don’t understand it. Don’t you want to know what you’re eating?

I guess it's easier when I don't know what Flipper or Porky looked like in real life.  I leave the room when National Geographic shows a lion hunting a zebra.  It causes me deep emotional distress to see creatures in peril or deceased.

This from myself, who is a true crime and mystery devotee.  I will say, though, I don't like blood and gore there, either.  I enjoy unraveling the why's and how's of the criminals' minds and seeing justice done.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #54889 on: November 24, 2018, 12:13:23 AM »
The line from Bart about Art not being able to make it if he had started in 2018  has really hit home in my mind. Even as he was doing MITD he was fading away. Most forget this. The digital "information" age was the actual demise of his fame. No more "magic in the static" No more suspension of disbelief except for those guests that are very unbelievable to begin with. The real data is seconds away as are biographies, supporting facts, etc.

In parallel, Art was almost like the rock band that had a string of albums that were in the top 10 at one point and filling stadiums now barely able to get a new single that does better than #114 on the charts. The venues filed became 1000 to 1500. And they mostly play the old hits again and again with variations. Heather was the new lead singer most didn't like that brought the popularity of the old machine back down to the level of playing bars and county fairs with the remaining bit of the potential cash cow being vulturized and milked by people with white belts and flashy fake jewelry and a dwindling number of aging groupies. "I saw (the band) in 1983 at the Big City arena and you sound as good as you did then" is their call. Baloney!

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #54890 on: November 24, 2018, 12:14:04 AM »
Right, the Chinese people at the restaurant explained, too, that the eyes bring good fortune to the partakers.

My friend gave me a wooden fish that is composed of many parts hinged together so that its full body can move.
It looks kind of cool though  8)

Basically like this but it is red.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #54891 on: November 24, 2018, 12:15:21 AM »
I guess it's easier when I don't know what Flipper or Porky looked like in real life.  I leave the room when National Geographic shows a lion hunting a zebra.  It causes me deep emotional distress to see creatures in peril or deceased.

This from myself, who is a true crime and mystery devotee.  I will say, though, I don't like blood and gore there, either.  I enjoy unraveling the why's and how's of the criminals' minds and seeing justice done.

I could have written this exact post. Except I am so sleepy. :)

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54892 on: November 24, 2018, 12:18:37 AM »
As we know from a certain poster truckers have cast-iron stomachs. And seek out great food. When on a family roadtrip "where do truckers eat?" Ha. I blame their need for crazy food, in quantity, and tar coffee on regulations, bans on little white pills, and drinking laws. And commies.

Haha.  Truckers were always weary, quiet, and good tippers.  Never any trouble.

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54893 on: November 24, 2018, 12:21:32 AM »
I could have written this exact post. Except I am so sleepy. :)

Aww, your little avi is so cute when he's sleepy.  I saw the one with his eyes closed.   :)

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54894 on: November 24, 2018, 12:26:24 AM »
My friend gave me a wooden fish that is composed of many parts hinged together so that its full body can move.
It looks kind of cool though  8)

Basically like this but it is red.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That is cool!  Fish are so relaxing to watch.  Smart, too.  They fascinate me.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #54895 on: November 24, 2018, 12:29:44 AM »
Aww, your little avi is so cute when he's sleepy.  I saw the one with his eyes closed.   :)

There you go

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54896 on: November 24, 2018, 12:33:17 AM »
The line from Bart about Art not being able to make it if he had started in 2018  has really hit home in my mind. Even as he was doing MITD he was fading away. Most forget this. The digital "information" age was the actual demise of his fame. No more "magic in the static" No more suspension of disbelief except for those guests that are very unbelievable to begin with. The real data is seconds away as are biographies, supporting facts, etc.

In parallel, Art was almost like the rock band that had a string of albums that were in the top 10 at one point and filling stadiums now barely able to get a new single that does better than #114 on the charts. The venues filed became 1000 to 1500. And they mostly play the old hits again and again with variations. Heather was the new lead singer most didn't like that brought the popularity of the old machine back down to the level of playing bars and county fairs with the remaining bit of the potential cash cow being vulturized and milked by people with white belts and flashy fake jewelry and a dwindling number of aging groupies. "I saw (the band) in 1983 at the Big City arena and you sound as good as you did then" is their call. Baloney!

The best summation of Art's twilight career and his anemic hand-picked successor ever.  Thank you.

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54897 on: November 24, 2018, 12:35:13 AM »
There you go

LOL (quietly).  Night, little guy.   :)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #54898 on: November 24, 2018, 12:45:04 AM »
LOL (quietly).  Night, little guy.   :)

Night to you

Night everybody

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54899 on: November 24, 2018, 12:45:40 AM »
One of my best friends is Chinese and, along with his parents and his wife, they run a small Chinese take-out.
There have been many late nights after the take-out has closed that I've eaten meals with them. Suffice it to say, I've politely turned down some dishes  ;D

One thing I admire, although it can be tricky, about the Chinese culture is that their children tend to live with their parents to take care of them as they age.
I'm not sure all Asian cultures are like that though.

The MSG they use in foods though is a little too extreme for me.
You put MSG on a turd it would probably taste great. Evil stuff haha

Steamed white rice every day along with veggies and a side dish of meat or fish was basically every meal.
That's not far off from my diet these days  :D

Oh, I love real Chinese food.  A friend from Hong Kong had the kitchen in the restaurant make up authentic dishes for us, not the usual tailored-to-American tastes stuff.  Delicious.  Some places don't use MSG anymore.