Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13125890 times)

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #57075 on: November 29, 2018, 08:23:31 PM »
Oh, the excitement! I just noticed this is my 3800th post, which means that sometime tonight I will likely have the same number of posts as the page I'm on. Perhaps I should play that number tomorrow? Eh? :D

For sure!  I'm savoring your posts, Ms. A.  I am going to reread them later when I'm settled in.  (Even though you don't toot your own horn, your intelligence and clarity and good humor shine through!)   :)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57076 on: November 29, 2018, 08:24:24 PM »
Good evening all! How is everyone doing tonight?

Doing well, thank you. And you?
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Journey

• Ellevated
Re: The Kingdom of Miller without Heather Wade
« Reply #57077 on: November 29, 2018, 08:25:28 PM »
Your informers are so colorful, Miller!  Lovely bunch, you are!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This one is hysterical , one of your best!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57078 on: November 29, 2018, 08:25:28 PM »
The Air Force had/has an annual industry conference called STC which was normally in Salt Lake City. About 10 years ago they started hosting it in other cities. I think it was at the Hilton in Vegas the last year I went. The ticket was included as part of the conference registration. I decided to invite a lady friend of mine to come out and join me for the concert. I should have just given her my ticket. I can’t believe I spent $120 for a second ticket to see that narcissistic gas bag sing to/with himself as he projected his own image from past performances on the screen. She was not impressed with my choice of a show to invite her to.

Yes, he got to be quite the self-impressed bore, and he's unfortunately had so much plastic surgery on his face that he's barely recognizable now.  ???
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #57079 on: November 29, 2018, 08:27:11 PM »
You mean "code nannies," don't you, Mr Apnea?  ;)

Very good, that is

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57080 on: November 29, 2018, 08:27:31 PM »
They will laugh at you at bingo.

O-3803

Ack, I assume this is funny but I don't remember bingo well enough to get it. I think my grandmother used to cheat to let me win, btw.  ;)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #57081 on: November 29, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »
Ack, I assume this is funny but I don't remember bingo well enough to get it. I think my grandmother used to cheat to let me win, btw.  ;)

Bingo cards only go up to 90.
Are we having fun yet?

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57082 on: November 29, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »
I would always read what you have to say, Aquarius. This is actually pretty interesting and a story I will not forget if I go back into academia :) Thank you very much for telling the tale :) Saved by the Dean.

Thanks so much, Dyna, much appreciated! And as for going to the Dean, that was very risky as it was just NOT done. Fortunately my advisor backed me!  :D

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #57083 on: November 29, 2018, 08:29:41 PM »
Good evening all! How is everyone doing tonight?

Hi S.Major, I’m playing catch up again so you’ll understand my random posts.

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #57084 on: November 29, 2018, 08:32:19 PM »
Ew. Why would anyone outside of the midwest drink coors light? People in the midwest only drink it because they only have three brands: Coors, Miller, and Budweiser. They all taste like cheap regret.

Haha.  I tasted cheap regret once.  Nickel night at the Phi Kap house.   :-[

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57085 on: November 29, 2018, 08:37:18 PM »
Sorry if I missed it, how long did this take?

I don't think I said, Anniem. Just under four years. It would have been 1 1/2-2 if I had been able to stay with my original advisor. I had completed my language exam (irrelevant to my area) and my comprehensives just prior to starting the writing stage. They were three 20-page documented footnoted papers on assigned topics in a single 10-day period. That was when I bought my very first computer, an Epson QX-10, a CPM (not DOS) based lovely computer with a green screen and an astounding enormous 1K hard drives with two 5 1/2" floppy drives. Amazing!  ;D

P.S. I never understood the value of making students do those three intensive papers in such a short time. What did that prove? You could do speed-paper writing? Oh well, it was what it was.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57086 on: November 29, 2018, 08:39:14 PM »
For sure!  I'm savoring your posts, Ms. A.  I am going to reread them later when I'm settled in.  (Even though you don't toot your own horn, your intelligence and clarity and good humor shine through!)   :)

Good golly, Pawpourri! My head is starting to swell! <g> but thank you so much!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57087 on: November 29, 2018, 08:39:52 PM »

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57088 on: November 29, 2018, 08:40:17 PM »
Bingo cards only go up to 90.

Ah, thank you, gravity! <g>

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #57089 on: November 29, 2018, 08:42:24 PM »
Good golly, Pawpourri! My head is starting to swell! <g> but thank you so much!

Every word true and deserved.   :)