Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13123218 times)

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #57960 on: December 02, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »
... What a disgusting human Hallie is

This so amateur compared to BJ's work. The poor workmanship ruins its effectiveness.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #57961 on: December 02, 2018, 10:36:41 AM »
I thought she was in some modern neo wiccan thing aka, witcheepoo 2.0.

Mr. A, don't get all technical on us laymen.

Additionally, if HW is a witch, she's not a very good "poster girl" for witches.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #57962 on: December 02, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »
Twisted, thank you :)

... Deep down Hallie knows Heater doesn’t give a shit about any of them but Hallie’s life is so equally shit she can do with even a false pat on the head if it makes her feel important in an equally low rent pool of individuals ...

This is exactly the issue. Hallie and her minions have backed the wrong, er, horse and they know she is unstable.

K_Dubb

• Elluminati
« Reply #57963 on: December 02, 2018, 10:46:08 AM »
I am interested in the baking because of my own predilections, and because everything else including the main course might be classed as convenience foods.  Maybe she is a baker more than a cook?

Upon review the skillet bread doesn't appear to be cornbread, as that would normally have an even surface.  I've had a very spongy focaccia-style bread with herbs made this way, and it's pretty tasty.  An unusual choice for Thanksgiving.  I had a thought it might be a species of frybread as a nod to her heritage.  There are many styles, but I'm unable to find one that looks like hers.

I suppose the pie may simply be overflowing rather than crustless -- she has baked it at too high a temperature and it has cracked.  Pumpkin pie filling is a custard and only needs to reach 160F to set, so the temp can be quite low.  The standard Libby's recipe everyone uses gives you too much filling for the two pies you get out of it, and has you bake it way too hot.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #57964 on: December 02, 2018, 10:47:14 AM »
Good for Neely!
It's always nice to hear someone call bullshit in the Kingdom of Lies.

If Neely talks this way about KON, then they all do. My guess is KON is a joke around LNM. Almost makes me feel bad for Heather.

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
  • Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
« Reply #57965 on: December 02, 2018, 10:50:54 AM »
It looks exactly like the ones hanging in the window in Chinatown to me, except someone has done the decent thing with its head.

Come to think of it, you are correct. I saw those hanging in Chinatown in NYC.  If Heather really cooked that, it looks pretty authentic

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #57966 on: December 02, 2018, 10:51:16 AM »
I am interested in the baking because of my own predilections, and because everything else including the main course might be classed as convenience foods.  Maybe she is a baker more than a cook?

Upon review the skillet bread doesn't appear to be cornbread, as that would normally have an even surface.  I've had a very spongy focaccia-style bread with herbs made this way, and it's pretty tasty.  An unusual choice for Thanksgiving.  I had a thought it might be a species of frybread as a nod to her heritage.  There are many styles, but I'm unable to find one that looks like hers.

Might the "bread" substance might be Pillsbury rolls/biscuits popped out of the can/tube and shoved into a pan? I've seen this before.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #57967 on: December 02, 2018, 10:53:26 AM »
Sorry I saw this late.  It needs a good analysis.  Any input is appreciated.

A dieter's Thanksgiving? The duck would not provide sufficient meat for two people having a holiday feast unless the side dishes were heavily relied upon for fill. (The duck would still have a hollow space, cartilage and bones in a ratio to any other fowl) The lack of cranberries and yams is also notable. This is indeed, a rebel's dinner (although the pie could be a sweet potato pie.) The honeydew melon is the most out of place of all, even as an incorporated Chinese tradition wouldn't make sense as it was cultivated in Lanzhou area from the 1940s afterward (at the same time her father had came to America). The stuffing quantity, while low, is in an equitable proportion to the duck.

It is also strange that she would be using Land O Lakes spread almost as an afterthought (or deliberate dieting?) as real butter would be called for to prepare a quality meal, and it can't be for monetary reasons as a whole duck in Pahrump would be likely had through a costly special order from Albertsons or even more expensive through a Pahrump Chinese Restaurant.  Most of the leftovers would be likely of the cornbread, mashed potatoes and melon. The party nut mix was likely not touched at all at meal time and seems placed to make this look like a more bountiful feast than it really is.

The wineglass issue could be overlooked as there is no wine present, only mead, but it does reveal she does not have one more of either style of glass as she normally would be OCD enough to make sure they did match. (The smaller one could be a type of wine glass used with sweet wines, or possibly a type of whiskey or brandy glass (snifter).

As for the place settings, it is also notable that the napkins are on the right (wrong) side of the plate and at an odd 45 degree angle (perhaps to simulate the look of a proper folded napkin, or make the table look more full - or probably for both reasons) The guest may indeed be a ghost as this plate and utensils could easily be simply put back at the end of the ritual.

An additional tidbit: The planned dining music was Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

K_Dubb

• Elluminati
« Reply #57968 on: December 02, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
Come to think of it, you are correct. I saw those hanging in Chinatown in NYC.  If Heather really cooked that, it looks pretty authentic

I suspect she picked it up at the restaurant.  You can see the crosshatching of the smoker grill on the breast, which most home methods wouldn't leave.

K_Dubb

• Elluminati
« Reply #57969 on: December 02, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
Might the "bread" substance might be Pillsbury rolls/biscuits popped out of the can/tube and shoved into a pan? I've seen this before.

Thank you, I hadn't considered the possibility of canned dough.

MAX

• Elluminati
« Reply #57970 on: December 02, 2018, 11:03:29 AM »
... What a disgusting human Hallie is

At least she photoshopped using a picture of her own body.

K_Dubb

• Elluminati
« Reply #57971 on: December 02, 2018, 11:05:29 AM »
A dieter's Thanksgiving? The duck would not provide sufficient meat for two people having a holiday feast unless the side dishes were heavily relied upon for fill. (The duck would still have a hollow space, cartilage and bones in a ratio to any other fowl) The lack of cranberries and yams is also notable. This is indeed, a rebel's dinner (although the pie could be a sweet potato pie.) The honeydew melon is the most out of place of all, even as an incorporated Chinese tradition wouldn't make sense as it was cultivated in Lanzhou area from the 1940s afterward (at the same time her father had came to America). The stuffing quantity, while low, is in an equitable proportion to the duck.

It is also strange that she would be using Land O Lakes spread almost as an afterthought (or deliberate dieting?) as real butter would be called for to prepare a quality meal, and it can't be for monetary reasons as a whole duck in Pahrump would be likely had through a costly special order from Albertsons or even more expensive through a Pahrump Chinese Restaurant.  Most of the leftovers would be likely of the cornbread, mashed potatoes and melon. The party nut mix was likely not touched at all at meal time and seems placed to make this look like a more bountiful feast than it really is.

The wineglass issue could be overlooked as there is no wine present, only mead, but it does reveal she does not have one more of either style of glass as she normally would be OCD enough to make sure they did match. (The smaller one could be a type of wine glass used with sweet wines, or possibly a type of whiskey or brandy glass (snifter).

As for the place settings, it is also notable that the napkins are on the right (wrong) side of the plate and at an odd 45 degree angle (perhaps to simulate the look of a proper folded napkin, or make the table look more full - or probably for both reasons) The guest may indeed be a ghost as this plate and utensils could easily be simply put back at the end of the ritual.

Excellent analysis!  I have shared a duck like that, but only for lunch.

The glass issue is puzzling, as the sweet wines served like that wouldn't normally be drunk with dinner.  I have to conclude she has only one wineglass.

Is that a pitcher of beer?  How will they drink it?  She clearly doesn't know how to pour -- probably just upended a few bottles and let 'er rip.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #57972 on: December 02, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »
Thank you, I hadn't considered the possibility of canned dough.
Oh yuck.

BartIsGod

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #57973 on: December 02, 2018, 11:07:04 AM »
I suspect she picked it up at the restaurant.  You can see the crosshatching of the smoker grill on the breast, which most home methods wouldn't leave.
Could the crosshatching possibly be some sort of Satanical design to be used in a ceremony by her Coven-mates after pumpkin pie?

twistedlogic

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #57974 on: December 02, 2018, 11:07:48 AM »
Excellent analysis!  I have shared a duck like that, but only for lunch.

The glass issue is puzzling, as the sweet wines served like that wouldn't normally be drunk with dinner.  I have to conclude she has only one wineglass.

Is that a pitcher of beer?  How will they drink it?  She clearly doesn't know how to pour -- probably just upended a few bottles and let 'er rip.

The question of the pitcher contents was raised on facebook. It's iced green tea