Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13123500 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #58395 on: December 03, 2018, 12:35:16 PM »
Interesting! My Grandma occasionally talks about eating black birds as a kid (she's in her 80s). I actually really enjoy watching crows and Ravens. They are both super smart. They can be mean though. I've seen them gang up on and beat up on an injured pigeon before. Little bastards.

Back home the saying goes if you're just watching the birds they're probably ravens. If you are shooting them they are definitely crows (Ravens are protected under the migratory bird laws).
Ha on the raven bit.

I found some old records in the attic some of which were crow calls. And various other recordings intended to bring in game or vermin. Some how they ended up in my attic but I think they were my uncle's as he said as a kid he used to take a portable record player out to a field (now condos filled with yuppies) and shot crows.

SpookyTim

• Elluminati
  • Say "Goodnight, America"
    • Spooky Southcoast
« Reply #58396 on: December 03, 2018, 12:55:23 PM »
Stay Spooktacular!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #58397 on: December 03, 2018, 12:57:23 PM »
>^..^<

I am surprised at all the literal crow eating including recipes and experiences.  If this were any more common you would have Marie Callender's blackbird pot pies.  I would have thought the practice was abandoned in medieval times, but there has been enough times since then that crow along with other small animals may have been the only meat available.

There was a time in the late 90's that ostrich was all the rage among the health food organic folks because of its leanness. It would have been a strange world if ostrich had become the new beef.

I’ve had lots of emu. My brother and brother in law used to raise them. Never tried ostrich.
Are we having fun yet?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #58398 on: December 03, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »
I’ve had lots of emu. My brother and brother in law used to raise them. Never tried ostrich.

Johnny Bench touts an emu oil for pain relief.

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #58399 on: December 03, 2018, 01:11:02 PM »
which post was that?
It must of been the little rant he went on in the comments section of the pictures he posted of you. As it disappeared. Haven't heard back on the pics yet

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #58400 on: December 03, 2018, 01:11:33 PM »
Johnny Bench touts an emu oil for pain relief.

Some people swear by it. I don’t know if it ever helped me other than as a moisturizer.
Are we having fun yet?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #58401 on: December 03, 2018, 01:11:36 PM »
>^..^<

I am surprised at all the literal crow eating including recipes and experiences.  If this were any more common you would have Marie Callender's blackbird pot pies.  I would have thought the practice was abandoned in medieval times, but there has been enough times since then that crow along with other small animals may have been the only meat available.

There was a time in the late 90's that ostrich was all the rage among the health food organic folks because of its leanness. It would have been a strange world if ostrich had become the new beef.
Yum! I do like ostrich meat. What about squab? Never had it but I think it was rather common at one point.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

SpookyTim

• Elluminati
    • Spooky Southcoast
« Reply #58402 on: December 03, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
It must of been the little rant he went on in the comments section of the pictures he posted of you. As it disappeared. Haven't heard back on the pics yet

I didn't see that rant. I only saw someone else saying I look unwashed and probably have an Xbox next to me. Except I had just showered (as evidenced by my comments in the LPTC Discord chat that night haha) and was actually in an actual radio studio, something the LNMbecile network would know nothing about.
Stay Spooktacular!

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #58403 on: December 03, 2018, 01:16:28 PM »
I didn't see that rant. I only saw someone else saying I look unwashed and probably have an Xbox next to me. Except I had just showered (as evidenced by my comments in the LPTC Discord chat that night haha) and was actually in an actual radio studio, something the LNMbecile network would know nothing about.

How do we KNOW you showered? If you don't actually live stream it (ahem, miller) then we don't really know about your drinking bathing practices.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #58404 on: December 03, 2018, 01:21:16 PM »
Yeah I saw that too, then clicked on the ladies profile and had a laugh that she would choose that avenue to criticize you. Basically I think the rant was fat and intellect jokes about you if I remember correctly. The usual sad sophomoric stuff he goes to.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #58405 on: December 03, 2018, 01:23:35 PM »
Yum! I do like ostrich meat. What about squab? Never had it but I think it was rather common at one point.

Not a fan of squab. Too gamey.

We did have a woodpigeon that flew into one of our windows and marital unit butchered it and we ate it ... was good for free...
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

K_Dubb

• Elluminati
« Reply #58406 on: December 03, 2018, 01:26:18 PM »

Squab (young pigeon) is delicious if you can find it -- dark, flavorful meat.  There is a way they can debone it completely leaving a sizable space for equally rich stuffing, which helps out a lot.

It's funny how often in Europe you are driving and hey! look, a castle over there!  turns out to be a pigeon coop, or dovecote.  Keeping them was kind of a showoff thing, like one of those tract-home two-story porticos might be for us.

SpookyTim

• Elluminati
    • Spooky Southcoast
« Reply #58407 on: December 03, 2018, 01:28:16 PM »
Yeah I saw that too, then clicked on the ladies profile and had a laugh that she would choose that avenue to criticize you. Basically I think the rant was fat and intellect jokes about you if I remember correctly. The usual sad sophomoric stuff he goes to.

Such a sad little man.
Stay Spooktacular!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #58408 on: December 03, 2018, 01:41:09 PM »
Squab (young pigeon) is delicious if you can find it -- dark, flavorful meat.  There is a way they can debone it completely leaving a sizable space for equally rich stuffing, which helps out a lot.

It's funny how often in Europe you are driving and hey! look, a castle over there!  turns out to be a pigeon coop, or dovecote.  Keeping them was kind of a showoff thing, like one of those tract-home two-story porticos might be for us.

And that is why we allow you to mingle among us common folk.
Are we having fun yet?

K_Dubb

• Elluminati
« Reply #58409 on: December 03, 2018, 01:51:52 PM »
And that is why we allow you to mingle among us common folk.

Haha the funny thing is the Latin for dovecote is columbarium (columba = dove), which, by analogy, is also our word for where your ashes are kept in niches like the nesting pigeons.  So some of us may end up in a pigeon coop for eternity.