Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12572377 times)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #62580 on: December 09, 2018, 09:01:36 PM »
If you claim you have a mental disorder in advance of the time required for such a diagnosis to be made, how can it be determined that you have it or you are acting as if you have it?

Persistent complex bereavement disorder is distinguished from normal grief by the presence of severe grief reactions that persist at least 12 months (or 6 months in children) after the death of the bereaved. It is only when severe levels of grief response persist at least 12 months following the death and interfere with the individual's capacity to function that persistent complex bereavement disorder is diagnosed.

Ok, let's remember that the descriptions of these "disorders" are not necessarily cast in stone, these specific distinctions are encoded in the DSM for the convenience of psychiatrists, therapists, and social workers who a) need to know what ballpark they are playing in with their new patient/client, and how to bill the insurance company for the counseling fees. Psychological "diagnoses" are not nearly so precise as most medical ones can be.

We can say with certainty that this test says you've got a bacterial infection, a heart condition, high cholesterol, or whatever, and that will be clear and accurate. With psychological "diagnoses" you get a list of characteristics and get to choose which ones the patient/client exhibits to see if maybe they may match the criteria for the diagnosis. So if there are 7 criteria, the diagnosing practitioner might need 5 out of the 7 to qualify as that diagnosis.

So you can easily have three people who have the same psychological "diagnosis" who behave very differently and have very different symptoms, because their three sets of 5 out of 7 criteria don't match. And that doesn't even include people who might have 4 out of the 7 who you'd have to say rule in/rule/out (maybe, we'll see) for that diagnosis. It's not so clear and not so categorical as one might think.

HW's statement about complicated grief are, as is typical for her, not accurate. There are several treatment programs for complicated grief, and many modalities which do help. HW's statements that so few people "get it" is not accurate, between 20-30% of people who experience a loss may deal with this. It is NOT permanent and it is NOT true that there is nothing that can be done to resolve it. That thinking is part of the disordered thinking and ideation that goes along with this syndrome.

In addition, in important point to be made is that there is an addiction factor in the brain with persistent long-term grief which creates many maladaptions and symptoms over time. It turns out that biochemically and emotionally, the grieving person gets as much pleasure as pain from focusing on their lost loved one and their grief. Interesting considering other apparently addictive tendencies HW's behavior seems to indicate, yes?  Here's but one easy article from 2013 on this in case you're interested.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/get-hardy/201309/about-complicated-bereavement-disorder-0

There's lots of info out there that contradicts what HW is saying. I say she's using her "disorder" to justify her self-involved undisciplined behavior and all her antics. Yes, I'm sure she is grieving Art's loss for real, but it also looks very much like whether she is doing it consciously or unconsciously, she's also enlarging, continuing, and milking her grief for everything she can use it for to her own advantage. Poor me, I'm suffering so, and I won't ever get over it, either, this article I read on the internet says so...  Sheesh.   :P

Sigh.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #62581 on: December 09, 2018, 09:03:11 PM »
Can we have more holiday cookie talk please?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #62582 on: December 09, 2018, 09:05:22 PM »
She fits the bill....She is a sociopath. She needs mental help!

Honestly... not sarcastic here, she needs many kinds of serious help. If she keeps going the way she has been, she will end up in a very bad way, a very unhappy and broken person. It's not hard to see it coming, and to be honest I don't wish it on her. I really do wish she would wake up and do the work she needs to do to balance herself out and get a real life, one which will support her rather than do her in in the long run.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #62583 on: December 09, 2018, 09:07:22 PM »
They look just like peanut butter cookies. Sometimes I make them with the fork imprints. Sometimes with a chocolate kiss.

https://www.theroastedroot.net/gluten-free-peanut-butter-cookies/

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #62584 on: December 09, 2018, 09:10:45 PM »
can you say the C word on face book? Get mad when you ask questions there to

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #62585 on: December 09, 2018, 09:12:12 PM »
Ok, let's remember that the descriptions of these "disorders" are not necessarily cast in stone, these specific distinctions are encoded in the DSM for the convenience of psychiatrists, therapists, and social workers who a) need to know what ballpark they are playing in with their new patient/client, and how to bill the insurance company for the counseling fees. Psychological "diagnoses" are not nearly so precise as most medical ones can be.

We can say with certainty that this test says you've got a bacterial infection, a heart condition, high cholesterol, or whatever, and that will be clear and accurate. With psychological "diagnoses" you get a list of characteristics and get to choose which ones the patient/client exhibits to see if maybe they may match the criteria for the diagnosis. So if there are 7 criteria, the diagnosing practitioner might need 5 out of the 7 to qualify as that diagnosis.

So you can easily have three people who have the same psychological "diagnosis" who behave very differently and have very different symptoms, because their three sets of 5 out of 7 criteria don't match. And that doesn't even include people who might have 4 out of the 7 who you'd have to say rule in/rule/out (maybe, we'll see) for that diagnosis. It's not so clear and not so categorical as one might think.

HW's statement about complicated grief are, as is typical for her, not accurate. There are several treatment programs for complicated grief, and many modalities which do help. HW's statements that so few people "get it" is not accurate, between 20-30% of people who experience a loss may deal with this. It is NOT permanent and it is NOT true that there is nothing that can be done to resolve it. That thinking is part of the disordered thinking and ideation that goes along with this syndrome.

In addition, in important point to be made is that there is an addiction factor in the brain with persistent long-term grief which creates many maladaptions and symptoms over time. It turns out that biochemically and emotionally, the grieving person gets as much pleasure as pain from focusing on their lost loved one and their grief. Interesting considering other apparently addictive tendencies HW's behavior seems to indicate, yes?  Here's but one easy article from 2013 on this in case you're interested.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/get-hardy/201309/about-complicated-bereavement-disorder-0

There's lots of info out there that contradicts what HW is saying. I say she's using her "disorder" to justify her self-involved undisciplined behavior and all her antics. Yes, I'm sure she is grieving Art's loss for real, but it also looks very much like whether she is doing it consciously or unconsciously, she's also enlarging, continuing, and milking her grief for everything she can use it for to her own advantage. Poor me, I'm suffering so, and I won't ever get over it, either, this article I read on the internet says so...  Sheesh.   :P

Sigh.

Excellent post, I'll read the article tomorrow. I'll have to go back and see what she said about that disorder.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #62586 on: December 09, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »

You really add great fun to this thread!

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #62587 on: December 09, 2018, 09:15:51 PM »

There's lots of info out there that contradicts what HW is saying. I say she's using her "disorder" to justify her self-involved undisciplined behavior and all her antics. Yes, I'm sure she is grieving Art's loss for real, but it also looks very much like whether she is doing it consciously or unconsciously, she's also enlarging, continuing, and milking her grief for everything she can use it for to her own advantage. Poor me, I'm suffering so, and I won't ever get over it, either, this article I read on the internet says so...

I agree with this Dr. A. You are right on the money.

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #62588 on: December 09, 2018, 09:16:52 PM »
Come on tomorrow!! darn it let's move it!

#Legacy

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #62589 on: December 09, 2018, 09:18:41 PM »
They both lie, who thinks you'll get any real truth tonight? Some truth and some lies on both sides. Bingo card??

Keith knows...

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #62590 on: December 09, 2018, 09:21:21 PM »
Thanks to @ponyboysunset , @DynamoHum and @wr250 for the show. I finished listening this morning. What struck me, other than @sean92008 's comment, was what was said about Colby.

I have heard her name mentioned before but other than that, I really don't know anything about her situation. It seemed like she is a devoted listener and might be a bit down on her luck?

Does anyone know her situation?
Bobs, I've mentioned before that she is a devoted listener. Severely overweight, may have health problems, has an autistic daughter, lives on the poverty level, sometimes doesn't have enough for food, has a cat, and has regular visitations with aliens. I am not into making fun of her at all, she apparently has a very hard life and struggles a lot. She is very devoted to HW, one of her less-than thriving fans. She does not write angry posts on FB, doesn't go after other people, just has a very hard life... and may or may not be a bit delusional, hard to tell.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #62591 on: December 09, 2018, 09:22:55 PM »
Here is the "ULC" Seminary that made the Neelys Doctors in Metaphysics. Not as meaty, but still kind of funny. So an honorary degree from a non-accredited "school."
http://www.ulcseminary.org/

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #62592 on: December 09, 2018, 09:23:36 PM »
You really add great fun to this thread!

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #62593 on: December 09, 2018, 09:23:50 PM »
Severely overweight

sometimes doesn't have enough for food

Most of the time has too much for food?

MataHari22

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #62594 on: December 09, 2018, 09:28:50 PM »
As a kid I used to love to go to the Hayden Planetarium in NYC with my uncle. They had several scales set up there, to show you how many pounds you would weigh on the moon, mars, earth, and I think Saturn? don't recall the rest. It was great fun, you'd weigh a huge amount on Mars or Jupiter or whatever planet it was, but almost nothing on the moon!

Btw Fred Lundgren asked HW what about her fans who think we never got to the moon anyway? I couldn't tell if he liked Adair or not. Just fyi...

I loved to go to the Hayden Planetarium, too!  In addition to the regular astronomy presentation we went to see laser zeppelin a few times  :D
She would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling Ellgabbers!