Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12600209 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #70305 on: December 30, 2018, 01:24:08 PM »
Awe they are adorable. They look like real loves. I’m a big animal lover.

How many pets do you have?

yoursongs

• Drone Pilot
  • Coined "WhiskeySourVara" Some Kind of Druid Dude
    • Your Songs Collectibles
« Reply #70306 on: December 30, 2018, 01:27:53 PM »
@DynamoHum, I saw the revelations from Pete Eberhardt yesterday. While has a voice that can contribute to solving these mysteries, it is imperative to realize the information they provide are going to have a slant. The key is to listen for things that are corroborated and tell "the rest of the story" as they say.

An example, we had always heard that it was Heather who fired Pete and this didn't make sense. It was Keith that did the official firing and Heather who called him later. The reasons make more sense here in that he wasn't shocked about this as he was already redundant as the show numbers probably didn't even warrant keeping him around in an advertising sales capacity even in Art's last couple of months on the show unless he could double up or take on some other duties as there was already a decline from the July and August excitement.

For whatever reasons, Art was already branded as a "has been" by national advertisers. Midnight in the Desert in December 2015 was supported only by his strongest fans as his casual fans had already fallen away since the blitz and July 20 launch. I think Art knew inside that his last chance of making a comeback on the scale of his golden era died when the Sirius XM Dark Matter deal fell apart in October 2013. That was why he was so distraught about that. Heather was the siren call among the Bellgab community at that point. "No Art, you are not washed up, please come back. Please send Art cat pictures! You have my number please call me."  Midnight in the Desert was a last ditch effort, but by the time it was underway the COPD had a grip on him. It was not to the point even close to gravely ill and gasping for breath, but that it made doing a 3 hour show, 5 days a week uncomfortable and short of what he knew was his best.  His back issues were still there as well. Combining these factors he looked for an external reason, any way to leave the show. While the origin of stalker is still debated (I think he was real and somewhat known by Art and Karen), he certainly wasn't going to let that excuse go to waste, so he maxed out the potential drama on this.

Art's suggestion of Heather was going to carry weight mostly because there were no takers on Keith's side that could step in on such short order. Keith would have not had any particular reason to be loyal to any candidate, he would want who was best for the network as long as they could work with him. He had already decided to shut down the network an set that into motion when Art called him and persuaded him to continue with Heather as host. I think he would have felt guilty to a degree that without his presence, Heather and Keith would have been out of work without him, so he was going to do everything possible to support them in continuing. This included plugs and moving Heather to the Pahrump studio. The audio quality of Heather's California studio was dreadful in comparison, so renting her the unused guest house was to Art a no-brainer and cheaper to him than buying another ten grand in equipment when he had no financial incentive. Plus renting her the house, he could even make some money.

Heather announced her move by stating "new phone lines and equipment were on their way" several weeks earlier. She was telling the truth in that she was on her way to the equipment and not the other way around to keep her location disguised.

Why he sold the guest house to her is somewhat banal. The entire reason he bought it in the first place was to have a studio that would not disturb Asia when she was young during the Dark Matters days and provide a place for visitors and friendly radio business associates to stay as a courtesy. Being that he didn't intend on coming back into radio and was settled into family life again, he didn't really care about the guest house at that point and selling it would provide another revenue stream for the family once he was gone as his health was still in steady decline. Plus it would take away distractions of needing to fix things on both the house and studio (of which Heather probably had complaints meant more as an excuse to try to get Art to look at them) and put those problems back in her hands as he was probably tired of hearing about these and calling and paying for service workers.

I don't think there was ever an affair. Heather was obviously smitten with Art it was never reciprocated. He was attracted at very least to her voice and did think she had some degree of talent and did want the best for her and for Keith radio career wise. I don't think he had any idea of her temper or instability until months after she had moved there in February 2016 and chalked most of that up to being a typical radio show biz personality. If he later gained any idea that her issues ran deeper than that, he probably did his best to cover for her as a means of saving face and not looking the fool to Karen or his fan base. I think his regular phone calls and advice kept her on track.

I agree with almost everything you said, as it makes the most sense.  Especially about corroborating the claims with others.  I've never heard of this Pete, but Keith has been pretty accurate all the way through.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #70307 on: December 30, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »
@Journey , Somehow I could never square the idea of a horse as a mere "pet." They are almost proud sovereign nations with hooves of which their owner is a vassal state. Kind of like with a cat, but in the case of a cat you have some tuna boat diplomacy.

In my own case, one (1) cat named Dyna weighing in at 11 pounds 2 ounces.

Ms. C

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #70308 on: December 30, 2018, 01:42:09 PM »

Only one ... and today it's Carson modeling his new jogging suit!  Enjoy ...
Carson says Happy eve of New Years Eve to one and all of our friends on here.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #70309 on: December 30, 2018, 01:44:33 PM »
@DynamoHum, I saw the revelations from Pete Eberhardt yesterday. While has a voice that can contribute to solving these mysteries, it is imperative to realize the information they provide are going to have a slant. The key is to listen for things that are corroborated and tell "the rest of the story" as they say.

An example, we had always heard that it was Heather who fired Pete and this didn't make sense. It was Keith that did the official firing and Heather who called him later. The reasons make more sense here in that he wasn't shocked about this as he was already redundant as the show numbers probably didn't even warrant keeping him around in an advertising sales capacity even in Art's last couple of months on the show unless he could double up or take on some other duties as there was already a decline from the July and August excitement.

For whatever reasons, Art was already branded as a "has been" by national advertisers. Midnight in the Desert in December 2015 was supported only by his strongest fans as his casual fans had already fallen away since the blitz and July 20 launch. I think Art knew inside that his last chance of making a comeback on the scale of his golden era died when the Sirius XM Dark Matter deal fell apart in October 2013. That was why he was so distraught about that. Heather was the siren call among the Bellgab community at that point. "No Art, you are not washed up, please come back. Please send Art cat pictures! You have my number please call me."  Midnight in the Desert was a last ditch effort, but by the time it was underway the COPD had a grip on him. It was not to the point even close to gravely ill and gasping for breath, but that it made doing a 3 hour show, 5 days a week uncomfortable and short of what he knew was his best.  His back issues were still there as well. Combining these factors he looked for an external reason, any way to leave the show. While the origin of stalker is still debated (I think he was real and somewhat known by Art and Karen), he certainly wasn't going to let that excuse go to waste, so he maxed out the potential drama on this.

Art's suggestion of Heather was going to carry weight mostly because there were no takers on Keith's side that could step in on such short order. Keith would have not had any particular reason to be loyal to any candidate, he would want who was best for the network as long as they could work with him. He had already decided to shut down the network an set that into motion when Art called him and persuaded him to continue with Heather as host. I think he would have felt guilty to a degree that without his presence, Heather and Keith would have been out of work without him, so he was going to do everything possible to support them in continuing. This included plugs and moving Heather to the Pahrump studio. The audio quality of Heather's California studio was dreadful in comparison, so renting her the unused guest house was to Art a no-brainer and cheaper to him than buying another ten grand in equipment when he had no financial incentive. Plus renting her the house, he could even make some money.

Heather announced her move by stating "new phone lines and equipment were on their way" several weeks earlier. She was telling the truth in that she was on her way to the equipment and not the other way around to keep her location disguised.

Why he sold the guest house to her is somewhat banal. The entire reason he bought it in the first place was to have a studio that would not disturb Asia when she was young during the Dark Matters days and provide a place for visitors and friendly radio business associates to stay as a courtesy. Being that he didn't intend on coming back into radio and was settled into family life again, he didn't really care about the guest house at that point and selling it would provide another revenue stream for the family once he was gone as his health was still in steady decline. Plus it would take away distractions of needing to fix things on both the house and studio (of which Heather probably had complaints meant more as an excuse to try to get Art to look at them) and put those problems back in her hands as he was probably tired of hearing about these and calling and paying for service workers.

I don't think there was ever an affair. Heather was obviously smitten with Art it was never reciprocated. He was attracted at very least to her voice and did think she had some degree of talent and did want the best for her and for Keith radio career wise. I don't think he had any idea of her temper or instability until months after she had moved there in February 2016 and chalked most of that up to being a typical radio show biz personality. If he later gained any idea that her issues ran deeper than that, he probably did his best to cover for her as a means of saving face and not looking the fool to Karen or his fan base. I think his regular phone calls and advice kept her on track.

Excellent post. Very insightful.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #70310 on: December 30, 2018, 01:49:08 PM »

Awww :) I'm starting to think Carson is going to need a walk-in closet for his wardrobe.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #70311 on: December 30, 2018, 02:03:14 PM »
The one more day thing has come up from so many separate sources, I really do wonder what it means.

I thought it had to do with the fact that she was away when it happened. Perhaps she's convinced herself that if she had been there she could have rescued him and prevented the death. Her having such delusions of grandeur would not shock me.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #70312 on: December 30, 2018, 02:19:34 PM »
@Journey , Somehow I could never square the idea of a horse as a mere "pet." They are almost proud sovereign nations with hooves of which their owner is a vassal state. Kind of like with a cat, but in the case of a cat you have some tuna boat diplomacy.

In my own case, one (1) cat named Dyna weighing in at 11 pounds 2 ounces.

ONE cat, oh you have room for many more, don't you?   ;)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #70313 on: December 30, 2018, 02:20:51 PM »

Such a good natured little guy

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #70314 on: December 30, 2018, 02:26:43 PM »
I thought it had to do with the fact that she was away when it happened. Perhaps she's convinced herself that if she had been there she could have rescued him and prevented the death. Her having such delusions of grandeur would not shock me.
Some weeks ago I was thinking it was a part of the phraseology of suicide prevention of "one more day" and reinforced in her new bumper "What a Difference a Day Makes" or even in Wilson Phillips "Hold on (For One More Day)" Since then, I think it is more literal and timed to an actual event and obfuscated and reinforced in her own mind through this metaphorical truth.

I actually don't think she lies left and right, but her perceptual filters however skewed, anger, desparation and just plain stubborness are driving the ship. (ie. she knows now Dynamo didn't make the call and has basically admitted as such, but refuses to apologize out of spite.)

There is a really deep seated anger like a block of coal in her psyche in her over something and this was in place long before she came to Bellgab.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #70315 on: December 30, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »

Happy New Year to all of our friends and Carson--also our friend.
Thank you for the link to Bella-Haven is Live.  I have been reading the comments. You are right-"much loveliness from so many back then in the ol' Bella Haven thread".  I am surprised to view how respectful members were to each other. I see that you had Carson with you at that time. He is a loyal pup. So much has changed in the last 3 years. RoseGirl loved fiddling with some graphics and did not know how to spell "cool" back in the day.  During my years of listening to Art Bell, I was working long hours on night shift. On my nights off, I would listened to Art Bell on C2C.  I join BG January 2013. I posted my first comment in Albert Taylor - Paranormal Investigations w/Robots, October 2013. I had a different name at the time. Thank you for sharing some history.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #70316 on: December 30, 2018, 02:38:01 PM »
I don't have a pug. Boodie is half beagle and half cavalier spaniel. She looks more beagle. This is her with her good buddy Zeety.
Well hello, Boodie and Zeety! Where have you been? You are both too cute to be hiding from us. Boodie has those beagle eyes that touches your heart. Please, stop by again.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #70317 on: December 30, 2018, 02:50:18 PM »
She said that, on the day Art died at about ten in the morning, she was asleep in her home until about three. According to Heather, she wasn’t away but right next door.
Merry Christmas

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #70318 on: December 30, 2018, 02:56:57 PM »

After reading your posting a few times...I have been thinking about the past. I remember Art Bell's return show of Dark Matter - Michio Kaku September 16, 2013. I remember July 2015 and having Art Bell's return with the new show Midnight in the Desert. I was so pleased at the time.  And sadly I remember the Fall of 2015 and Art Bell's final retirement. I have included a youtube video from this time period. Interesting to view 3 years later.
Thank you for this excellent read.
&t=135s

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #70319 on: December 30, 2018, 03:47:24 PM »
Well hello, Boodie and Zeety! Where have you been? You are both too cute to be hiding from us. Boodie has those beagle eyes that touches your heart. Please, stop by again.

She will, she has other friends here who need to swing by