Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 11922425 times)

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #89220 on: March 17, 2019, 09:58:51 AM »
Dont drink sat or sun.  Work. Have fun bro. Whats my odds for next wed and thurs?
There is a 250% chance that you will have some drinks.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #89221 on: March 17, 2019, 09:59:21 AM »
It’s not so much the musky smell of the bear as it is their scat. Black bear scat, to me at least, is very pungent. Once I had the opportunity to smell it, and to see the bear in the sapling at close quarters, my brain registered the fight or flight response and from then on I was very sensitive to it. Especially if it had rained recently. For some reason it made me hyper aware.

About 7-8 years ago I picked up that same scent in Glacier National Park in Montana. I backtracked a bit on the trail. I shimmied up awoke rocks and sat. Within a few minutes I saw two black bears move through a berry patch. It had been 30 years since I had smelled it in NY.

Our brains have a way of associating memories with smells which makes the recall very vivid. I pity people that smoke cigarettes. They generally lose this ability.
Our brains do associate memories of smells, pleasant and unpleasant odors. I never realized that memories would hold onto the smell of danger. It must be a very primitive instinct. Interesting that after a rain you would be more aware.  I like the bear stories.
Back to the pungent musky smells. The new Marijuana people are smoking has a very unpleasant odor. It almost smells like rotting food.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #89222 on: March 17, 2019, 10:00:19 AM »
Do you have your own label?
Damon Beer would be a fine name.
Lots of demons on the bottle.
Think it over, I give you that fantastic idea free of charge.
Looks like there is already a Damon label. If I saw this, I would buy it just for the dog on the label  :)

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #89223 on: March 17, 2019, 10:08:19 AM »

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #89224 on: March 17, 2019, 10:12:35 AM »
Our brains do associate memories of smells, pleasant and unpleasant odors. I never realized that memories would hold onto the smell of danger. It must be a very primitive instinct. Interesting that after a rain you would be more aware.  I like the bear stories.
Back to the pungent musky smells. The new Marijuana people are smoking has a very unpleasant odor. It almost smells like rotting food.
Or a skunk on fire.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #89225 on: March 17, 2019, 10:26:06 AM »

I think the rain kind of cleanses the air of other smells and reactivates the bacteria in the bear scat to where the scent is more pronounced. They eat just about anything they can scavenge. I am sure that much of the scent comes from eating rotten carcasses of dead animals they find. I can’t imagine that smell coming from berries. Plus berries are very seasonal. The rest of the time they forage for grasses, nuts, grubs and carrion.
Are we having fun yet?

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #89226 on: March 17, 2019, 10:39:46 AM »
Thanks to everyone who has or will report that.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #89227 on: March 17, 2019, 10:54:56 AM »
I think the rain kind of cleanses the air of other smells and reactivates the bacteria in the bear scat to where the scent is more pronounced. They eat just about anything they can scavenge. I am sure that much of the scent comes from eating rotten carcasses of dead animals they find. I can’t imagine that smell coming from berries. Plus berries are very seasonal. The rest of the time they forage for grasses, nuts, grubs and carrion.

Yeah. Pickers, for huckleberries, truffles, mushrooms, etc need to be alert for bears.  I notice that certain dog breeds like smells. Particularly bird dogs and retrievers like to "get a scent" on them- like rolling in whatever dead creature they find in the brush: dead cow, deer, fish, etc. Nasty. But evolutionary? Hide their own scent? 

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #89228 on: March 17, 2019, 11:05:02 AM »
Yeah. Pickers, for huckleberries, truffles, mushrooms, etc need to be alert for bears.  I notice that certain dog breeds like smells. Particularly bird dogs and retrievers like to "get a scent" on them- like rolling in whatever dead creature they find in the brush: dead cow, deer, fish, etc. Nasty. But evolutionary? Hide their own scent?

Hey @albrecht   What did you think of Joe Rogan and Alex discussing the elves with horns?
Are we having fun yet?

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #89229 on: March 17, 2019, 11:22:52 AM »

I once sat next to someone on a plane that had very smelly carrion luggage.
Don't mind me, just carry on. >^..^<

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #89230 on: March 17, 2019, 11:56:09 AM »
Hey @albrecht   What did you think of Joe Rogan and Alex discussing the elves with horns?

@GravitySucks   Wow. Raking and listening. Had to come in and reply. Epic Alex, in great form. Sadly/interestingly a lot of the facts Alex mentions are true (haven't got to elves with horns) but his manner and gesalt will turn many off. So "gatekeeper?" Or honestly trying to "connect the dots?"  Hahaha.

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #89231 on: March 17, 2019, 11:59:47 AM »
anyone have heather's email address handy?
I'm having a memory glitch.
thanks

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #89232 on: March 17, 2019, 12:07:35 PM »
anyone have heather's email address handy?
I'm having a memory glitch.
thanks
  Heather@thekingdomofnye.com

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #89233 on: March 17, 2019, 12:10:57 PM »
thanks big guy.. I'll give her your regards

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #89234 on: March 17, 2019, 12:55:06 PM »
thanks big guy.. I'll give her your regards

Kinda like the Lannisters sending their regards?
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3