Author Topic: Convince me Covid-19 is worse than the usual run of viral pneumonias, huh?  (Read 918 times)

juan

• Elluminati
  • From off the Atlantic Coast, Surficial
Mine is still out of everything.

anniem

• Ellevated
  • There oughta be a law!
DID THEY MENTION WHEN THEY ARE EXPECTING TO GET MORE IN?

It will be quite a while, they are on backorder.
"True funnies are the funniest of all funnies." - Bart Ell
"Don't eat lettuce. Eat cake. Cake never gets recalled." - my brother
"Never post anything on the internet you would not be ok seeing on a billboard. Feh" - my brother and me

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
It will be quite a while, they are on backorder.

IF THEY HAVE SOME EXTRA EVERYTHING THEN @juan MAY BE WILLING TO BROKER A DEAL FOR THE NOTHING HE HAS ACCESS TO.

Robert

• KNYE
So what did they do today?

They changed the measuring stick so the peak disappeared!

"Note: On March 24, CDC updated the data included in this figure to include estimated illness onset date."

Before that, they were using only known illness onset dates.
And they haven't even updated today.  They're an hour and a half behind where they usually are, and I'm starting to doubt they'll even update the data today.  Is the news too good?

Robert

• KNYE
After 9 PM EDT, and the CDC still hasn't updated the "epidemic curve" for March 25, and therefore still have March 14 within the dates they say they still might add cases to.  Could they be hiding something?

juan

• Elluminati
  • From off the Atlantic Coast, Surficial
Yes.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
TL, your avatar is looking at me like I am a piece of meat. 

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
TL, your avatar is looking at me like I am a piece of meat.

The good parts for me. The leftovers go to my wolf
She was a lone wolf, a free spirit who listened and followed the callings within her own soul
 "I have seen what the darkness does .. Meet me in the woods tonight"  https://youtu.be/d5axbaGBVto

Robert

• KNYE
The good parts for me. The leftovers go to my wolf.
Huh.  I left my wolf back on BellGab.  He still seems to get a lot of laughs there.

Meanwhile CDC has resumed updating the data, now a day behind.  You now need to scroll down to "COVID-19 cases in the United States by date of illness onset, January 12, 2020, to March 25, 2020, at 4pm ET (n=11,165)*", the anchor seems to leave you at the prevalence bar graph above.  As you can see, it still looks like a peak was hit USA-wide on March 13, which was before all these extreme (and in some cases ridiculous) control measures were put in place.  I'd still like another day's data or so to tell, but if they stay a day behind, we'll get only 1 more day's data this week, because since they don't update over the weekend, we'll have to wait until Monday to get Friday's.

I'd post the epidemic curve here, but it's dynamically generated, not a static graphic, so just follow the link there yourself.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellightened
  • Morg!
Some might find this site of interest.  They scrape the data from the states directly. 

http://coronavirusapi.com/

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
Some might find this site of interest.  They scrape the data from the states directly. 

http://coronavirusapi.com/

New Italy has only done 3 times the testing yet has 10 times as many citizens as Canada.
New Italy has 2.5 times more cases per million than Canada.
Doing a little fuzzy math I would say the actual cases would be triple the current number if they tested at the Canadian rate.
Start converting those CPAP machines
YOU'RE (NOT I'M) ALL GONNA DIE!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellightened
  • Morg!
New Italy has only done 3 times the testing yet has 10 times as many citizens as Canada.
New Italy has 2.5 times more cases per million than Canada.
Doing a little fuzzy math I would say the actual cases would be triple the current number if they tested at the Canadian rate.
Start converting those CPAP machines
YOU'RE (NOT I'M) ALL GONNA DIE!

You might not die but you'll be missing that cheap chicken when all are dead here.
$65 CAD?   That's over three Brendas man!   

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
You might not die but you'll be missing that cheap chicken when all are dead here.
$65 CAD?   That's over three Brendas man!   

THIS IS MY VIETNAM!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellightened
  • Morg!
THIS IS MY VIETNAM!

Well you'll always have good old SunnyD!

Zetaspeak

• KNYE
Mine is still out of everything.

I am trying to limit my trips to once a week (tops) they been pretty good with no price gouging and having someone in the front of the store limiting people coming in. I lucked out on TP, paper towels and kleenex. I normally don't eat canned food/frozen foods as I try to eat as fresh and healthy as possible, and those foods seem to be what is bought up most which I would probably would have bought under these circumstances. The only regular food that I normally buy that wasn't in the last time I got there was rice.