Author Topic: Least Favorite Show Topics  (Read 406 times)

KSM32

• The Peoples Moderator
  • Ellightened
  • HEY! LET'S PUNCH THINGS!
Least Favorite Show Topics
« on: June 23, 2020, 11:16:57 AM »
What makes you tune out or look for something else to listen to that night or perhaps even sends you to bed..?

Cryptids used to get me every time but these conversations almost always wind up spending three hours on Bigfoot or even worse, Dogman ::) Bigfoot is its own category, it is Not a cryptid!

..I'll add Skinwalker Ranch to the list off turnoffs.

And anything nick Pope! OFF!
R-L.....R.....L-R
FDP ' SSP ' RDP....' ' - repeat other side.

The key is the last (5th) punch of the combination, which is the right fist: R. This fist comes around from the side, and the tendency is to clip more of the side panel of the bag if you don't get it all the way behind.

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
Re: Least Favorite Show Topics
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 11:24:03 AM »
Bullshit like remote viewing and past life regression.

KSM32

• The Peoples Moderator
  • Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 11:31:11 AM »
Bullshit like remote viewing and past life regression.

Yep. Nobody wove a web of bullshit like Dames and he's gone now. I think.
R-L.....R.....L-R

The key is the last (5th) punch of the combination, which is the right fist: R. This fist comes around from the side, and the tendency is to clip more of the side panel of the bag if you don't get it all the way behind.

ShayP

• Elluminati
  • Ah! EllGab. Yip yip yip...
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 11:35:43 AM »
Remote Viewing, Astrology, Numerology, Psychics/Mediums, and Health Shows (i.e. Doc Wallet).

Oh...and life after death experiences.  :P

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 11:46:37 AM »
Remote Viewing, Astrology, Numerology, Psychics/Mediums, and Health Shows (i.e. Doc Wallet).

Yes.
Give me fantastic woo and not this grifter woo.
3 hours about how a death cult of beavers kidnapped you and blew you for your semen to create an army of beavermen? I AM ALL EARS!

KSM32

• The Peoples Moderator
  • Ellightened
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 11:51:26 AM »

LOLOL  you don't like some jaundicey self righteous pot smoking hemp pushing vegan telling you how to live better? Healthier? I know there are other "professionals" on the topic but some are worse than others. @ShayP
R-L.....R.....L-R

ShayP

• Elluminati
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 12:41:12 PM »
LOLOL  you don't like some jaundicey self righteous pot smoking vegan telling you how to live better? Healthier? I know there are other "professionals" on the topic but some are worse than others. @ShayP

@KSM32  LOL!!!!  Man, I've worked with the types of vegans you alluded to.  Insufferable fucking assholes.  Yes, I let myself go and my body is essentially made of mashed potatoes at this point, BUT...I don't need to listen to some hack on a radio show to tell me how to be healthy.  I know how.  Problem is, I wasn't committed to making a change.  Maybe I'm off track...Nonetheless, I love your description of the "jaundicey self righteous vegan..."  ;D  I worked with some dudes that looked like they would die at any minute.  When they heard I was on a weight loss/training plan they all tried to convince me to be vegetarian or vegan.  I'd look at them and think "Man, you are wearing skinny jeans with a belt, have dark circles under your eyes, complain about being tired and feeling sick, and cannot lift a 50 pound sack of produce without help."  These were dudes anywhere from 19 to 30 years of age!

Anyway, I get what you're saying.  I tend to get on rant at times.  ;)

CHEERS!  8)

ShayP

• Elluminati
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 01:12:00 PM »
Yes.
Give me fantastic woo and not this grifter woo.
3 hours about how a death cult of beavers kidnapped you and blew you for your semen to create an army of beavermen? I AM ALL EARS!

@Bart Ell  How is it that you know my desires?

PB

• Ellightened
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 02:03:54 PM »
... Bigfoot or even worse, Dogman...

Or even worse, mothman

PB

• Ellightened
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 02:14:47 PM »

At this point I have no interest in any of it.  But the topics you listed are the worst of them.  I'd add that new age crap that Art seemed interested in when he was doing one show a month from Manila.

I think I disliked certain guests more than certain topics - Hoaglan, Dames, Weeber, Hogue, Quail.  I grew to dislike most of the regulars - it was all such BS, and very repetitive.  Art made some of it listenable.

KSM32

• The Peoples Moderator
  • Ellightened
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 02:58:57 PM »
Or even worse, mothman
Not sure why but I don't mind a good fluff filled mothman show. The movie had a nice creepy feel to it so perhaps that's why but I think there's more evidence to support that Batman is more tangible than said moth - man.

Guys like James Van Praagh and Dannion Brinkley were completely unlistenable to me. Them and their ilk are a topic completely unto themselves.

EDIT:  And Dannion had the most feminine male voice I have ever heard. Gave me the chicken skins.
R-L.....R.....L-R

juan

• Elluminati
  • From off the Atlantic Coast, Surficial
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 03:06:05 PM »
They need to come up with something else.  An underground cryptid that pulls its victims into its burrow. A revelation that dinosaurs still walk the earth and use mind-masking tricks to hide from humans. A new woo box for communicating with Jackie Kennedy.

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellightened
  • Have a day!
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 07:19:20 PM »
Just about anything regarding pop culture.  I bailed on pop culture in the very early 90's. Don't miss it at all. I only get informed about via a third party.

I would cancel that if I could.
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if this is the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 07:49:24 PM »
For the most part, the paranormal topics have run their course with me.

A good storyteller can help, but bigfoot, Roswell, paranormal and anything Lisa Garr likes are all snoozefests for me.

Give me RCH, Michio Kaku and, yes, 1990s-era Ed Dames any day. 
Eh, nevermind...

KSM32

• The Peoples Moderator
  • Ellightened
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 08:09:29 PM »
For the most part, the paranormal topics have run their course with me.

A good storyteller can help, but bigfoot, Roswell, paranormal and anything Lisa Garr likes are all snoozefests for me.

Give me RCH, Michio Kaku and, yes, 1990s-era Ed Dames any day.
@sean92008

Curious

When you listen to a 90's classic do you listen to it as if it was the first time you heard it? I can handle a Dames or Hoagie appearance when I have one of those classic shows on but if old regulars from back in the day were suddenly back on as guests on any of the various podcasts I just can't do it, nor do I care to.

BTW I never liked the Bonnie Crystal caver shows.  Thought I'd throw that in.. :P
R-L.....R.....L-R