Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12226215 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #65955 on: December 15, 2018, 07:33:48 PM »
Not sure that I follow you on that last sentence.

Maybe some "magic" underwear to take the winter chill from green minivan sleeping? Kidding, of course. All the best for her. She might want to hook up with Rose Dio for advice?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #65956 on: December 15, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
Seems like a scam that the pros try to keep all HVAC info and repair documentation away from the consumer.  Simpler than autos, only issue is licensing for the refrigerant.

I just watched this guy over the summer, he videos all this HVAC calls.  Has thousands of followers, those numbers would make Heater cry.   He lives near the studio of @SpookyTim  (near is relative since I'm thousands of miles away) .  His youtube # views are incredible.

He better be watching his six when crossing the street for work vans!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #65957 on: December 15, 2018, 08:02:37 PM »
Dear world, I'm sorry about the Heather thing, my bad.  Love Art, hope you can forgive me

LOL

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #65958 on: December 15, 2018, 08:07:37 PM »
Maybe some "magic" underwear to take the winter chill from green minivan sleeping? Kidding, of course. All the best for her. She might want to hook up with Rose Dio for advice?

Possibly
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #65959 on: December 15, 2018, 08:08:56 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

These go to 11

coming to you from the recent past...   :D

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #65960 on: December 15, 2018, 08:10:54 PM »

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #65961 on: December 15, 2018, 08:11:01 PM »
'The Demon Seed?' Well, noo...maybe...sorta. Well hell, the title works...

"The Demon Seed?" Terence Stamp and Julie Christie, she is impregnated by an evil robot iirc? Wow, I haven't thought about that movie for years and years... probably a good thing, too. I really liked both of them as actors back in the day, but that was a truly weird movie!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #65962 on: December 15, 2018, 08:14:46 PM »
I was hanging around just to see what would happen when she was confronted with the truth about the call. She responded as expected. I would probably be better off just ignoring her now. I lost two friends/co-workers in 24 hours this week, including one by suicide. I don't need to keep wallowing in the darkness here.

So sorry Tim, hope you are ok

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #65963 on: December 15, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »
She only does that if it’s her boss calling.

Good point!

Starman2018

• Drone Pilot
  • Alpha Male Instructor/Professional Boomer
« Reply #65964 on: December 15, 2018, 08:51:21 PM »
Found these dated a couple days before the Kolby incident.  Apparently they believed they were running from aliens  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
WTH?  :o
Enjoying the continuing journey of discovering infinite diversity...

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #65965 on: December 15, 2018, 09:00:37 PM »
This is a sound proposal.

Maybe at the new year just rename it. It can be a catch-all sort of thread where whatever people want to chat about they can. A number of posts in here have nothing to do with feather. A new name and point the subjects in some new directions?

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #65966 on: December 15, 2018, 09:02:43 PM »
<snip>
So I think @Aquarius was very eloquent in her explanation of her feelings about the state of things. It’s been a tough few weeks. Maybe we need to chill and enjoy the festive season and leave Heather to her own devices for a while. I do maintain that her own worst enemy at this point apart from herself appears to be her fans and her inability to find a good balance boundary between engaging them and letting them appear to dictate her life.

This is her bed let her lie in it for a while.

Thanks for your kind comments, @DynamoHum, much appreciated. I did get to rebalance myself some today, thank goodness. Couldn't spend much time in the woods as it was raining hard and very windy suddenly, but good all the same. Some major dog-brushing and cuddling time helped as well. Marital Unit was off on a early morning all-day thing called the Christmas Bird Count. Cornell Ornithology and National Audubon conduct Christmas bird counts every year all over the country, and thousands of people volunteer, are assigned specific territories in small groups, and spend the day tracking every single bird they see to compile statistics on numbers and migration patterns. Fun for the birders, huge help to the scientists. This particular exercise is not one I care for myself, so I enjoyed having the day free to float through for a change. <g>

I liked the Big Short but as someone else (Bart Ell Producer?) posted, I liked Other People's Money better. I first saw it as a play in a small off-Broadway theater in Greenwich Village, and it was way ahead of its time in predicting what many then-new hedge funds would end up doing by buying functioning companies, loading them with debt, and sellling off the asset to make a profit... with no care or concern for all the people who lost their jobs and/or homes, or towns they ruined as a result. The other oldie I really had fun with was Wall Street, with Charlie Sheen and Michael Douglas. Also for fun, Working Girl with Melanie Griffith, Harrison Ford, Sigourney Weaver, Alec Baldwin, and a big all-star cast.

Enjoy!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #65967 on: December 15, 2018, 09:13:48 PM »
I have a mountain of presents to wrap, and a Vegan XMas dinner to mentally prepare myself for! Two books to finish reading and a decision to make about my degree.

I suggest 98.6 F, 37 C

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #65968 on: December 15, 2018, 09:14:41 PM »
I could post a bunch of animal pictures as a way to cleanse it ;)

I vote yes to this!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #65969 on: December 15, 2018, 09:15:49 PM »
I am going to try to post a little bit later or tomorrow about "what I did on my four days in Miami" escapade last week, which included some really inspiring stuff and a visit to the Coral Castle... pics to follow <g>.

As promised, my report on my Miami adventures, having nothing whatsoever to do with HW. Please do feel free to skip if not interested.

Ok, so last week I went to Miami, Florida for four days (Friday through Monday). A friend of ours, Dr. Melissa Abdo, is one of the two directors of the Old Growth Forest Network. They find and dedicate land all over the U.S. (18 states so far) where they find trees, etc. which are over 100 years old and haven't been messed with or managed by human beings. So there's an 8-acre park smack in the middle of downtown Miami, Simpson Park, which meets these criteria, even though it is surrounded by very tall office buildings.

The dedication of Simpson Park as an Old Growth Forest gave it another level of protection and conservation, and the ceremony was Saturday morning. We thought it would be a little affair, low-profile, only to find the Mayor of Miami there (in shorts and with his very young son), the Parks Commissioner (with his little daughter, he in chinos and a t-short and cap), and the superintendent of Miami's parks. What surprised me was they were passionate and spoke from their hearts at the dedication of the park, and hung around to chat with people in a very relaxed, casual way, really connecting and talking, and NOT being political in any way other than showing up. It was very refreshing and suprising. I know nothing about Miami's politics, but I respected how they showed up and how they were with everyone.

Here's a very short video the city of Miami posted on its FB page of the event: https://www.facebook.com/CityOfMiamiGov/videos/567131587062547/   FYI, I am not in the group shot with their arms raised ("branches up!" for the kiddies), I was standing next to the videographer talking still shots.  8)

Then on Monday morning, Melissa dedicated two separate plots of land, both sizeable, in the Everglades. One was Long Pine Key and the other was Flamingo Key (I think), which was accessible only by boat, so we didn't go there that day. Following the dedication with top officials of the Everglades and the National Parks Service, we were led on a 45 minute walk through the Everglades that had just been dedicated, with the botanists, naturalists, and rangers pointing out all kinds of really interesting flora there and facts about the terrain and ecology there, etc. We were a small group, maybe 12 people on the walk, and it was fascinating and a really cool experience!

Monday afternoon we went to see the Coral Castle in Homestead, going north from the Everglades back towards Miami. I'll post about that in my next post so this won't be too long.