Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 85357 times)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2018, 02:37:24 AM »
Up early for a flight...
Not like Ghost Lennon, though

Yuck! Hope you have a safe flight though.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2018, 03:28:35 AM »
Up early for a flight...

Montreal to Detroit.  One way.     Good man.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2018, 07:26:53 AM »
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2018, 07:32:02 AM »
Up early for a flight...
Safe travels fearless leader!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias The Hawk
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2018, 12:36:03 PM »
Dream, October 17, 2018.

I was playing a game of scrapball.  From what I could ascertain, scrapball was a weird combination of football and basketball.  The scrapball got its name from a tightly pressed wad of paper. White printing paper by the looks of it.  Size wise, the scrapball was larger than a baseball yet smaller than a basketball.  In observing the other players, I could see that the scrapball could be kicked along the floor or it could be scooped up and carried by hand.  It could also be thrown to a fellow player or, if you are really good at it, you could kick the ball to him.  The whole idea was to get the scrapball down court in order to throw it into a regular basketball hoop. 

I was on the home team.  We were wearing white jerseys and the visitors were wearing black.  Our first names were printed on the jerseys.  Ours were in black lettering and the visitors names were printed in white. 

There was lots of running back and forth with very little scoring because the paper ball kept bouncing out of the hoop.  The low score  seemed to equate a baseball game more than a basketball game. 

My team was playing pretty good.  We took a two point lead but then the silliness of the game hit me.  The sight of grown men scuffling around a white paper ball and throwing it at a basketball hoop sent me into a fit of laughter.  Dan, an opposing player, seized on my inattentiveness and drove past me, scoring a point.  I got the ball and tossed it to George, who tried a lay-up but as it so often did, the ball bounced out of the hoop.  That Dan player grabbed the rebound and made for the other basket.  I almost started laughing again, but I managed to compose myself  and I ran after him.  I was able to steal the scrapball from him and I threw a long pass to Paul who tossed it into the basket and scored a point.  We were ahead, three to one.

I kind of lost track of the game for awhile because all at once it was over.  Despite our two point lead, my team lost.  Final score:  The visitors 4.  The home team 3.   

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2018, 04:33:47 PM »

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2018, 07:35:38 PM »
Groucho
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0764v7JxUWm

I think this one is my new favourite one thanks Bart!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias The Hawk
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2018, 10:05:25 PM »
Groucho
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0764v7JxUWm

This one is so funny, and Bart makes me laugh when he inserts those occasional sound/music asides to underscore the action.  In this case, when the couple wanted to 'be alone' for awhile.  Haha, I'm still laughing!

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2018, 05:14:26 AM »
This one is so funny, and Bart makes me laugh when he inserts those occasional sound/music asides to underscore the action.  In this case, when the couple wanted to 'be alone' for awhile.  Haha, I'm still laughing!

It's not everyday I get to incorporate a slide whistle!

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2018, 12:00:41 PM »

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2018, 12:42:08 PM »
These should be fun. @DynamoHum

Here is a quick taste
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1F019wgZYya

What do you think @Rikki Gins ?

the lovely voice of @DynamoHum and her gallant consort @Bart Ell. I think it is engaging.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #221 on: October 19, 2018, 02:37:36 PM »
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias The Hawk
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2018, 10:01:08 PM »
Love it! Thanks for doing these Bart!

Me too.  Thank you, Bart.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias The Hawk
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »
Dream, October 23, 2018.

This dream started out with me being in a strange town where there were no new appliances, and no new automobiles.  But there were ample supplies of material to keep everything up and running.  For instance, if one of your bicycle pedals broke off from hitting a curb, you could go to a place that would make the pedal and install it on your bike.  The only thing was, you could never buy a new bike because there weren't any.  That applied to all televisions, computers, stereo systems, washers, and dryers, pretty much everything.

I was standing on a street corner when I noticed that automobiles were not being repaired enough to keep up with the demand and they were being abandoned along the sides of the streets.  So I started a business where my workers would go out and gather up the abandoned vehicles and bring them into a central repair center where they would be repaired. 

It took awhile to get my business off the ground.  I remember gathering all of my workers around and telling them how hard it was going to be.  "We've got our work cut out for us, lads."  I remember telling them.  (Dreaming or not, I have always wanted to call a group of younger men, lads.) 

There was a nasty turf war between my company and a similar one a few blocks away.  I vaguely recall Nazi uniforms and clubs but I can't recall if it was my boys that had them or my rival's.  I do remember being in the thick of the fight, but there were no guns, just these big wooden clubs being used to batter your opponents into submission.  The fighting wasn't really necessary though, because I have the thought that I managed to buy out the rival company.

There was also a problem in dealing with the "White Shirt Brothers."  This was a family of five brothers who wore white shirts and they had almost complete control over the town.  My only chance at success would be to get my company big enough and successful enough to be impervious to whatever the White Shirt brothers would try to do to in order to impede our growth.

Finally, the day came when our first automobile was successfully repaired and I put on a big party to celebrate the occasion.  We were all gathered around the car, drinking toasts and congratulating each other.  There were women there too, dressed just like the men, and it suddenly occurred to me that I might have addressed them as being 'lads' earlier in the dream.

With great fanfare, I drove the car out onto the street and headed for a big empty field where the repaired cars would be exhibited.  As I drove along the street, I saw that there were lots of people walking on the sidewalks.  I saw a man wearing a white shirt, but thankfully, he was busy looking up at a tall building that had a clock built on to the front of it.  As he was checking the time, I was able to glide on by him, unnoticed. 

The business was a success.  I remember seeing people buying up the cars and driving them off the lot.  But they looked more like ants because I was seeing them from high above.  Looking down, I could see a mass of cars and people forming into a big spiral like design.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #224 on: October 26, 2018, 04:30:34 PM »
Another odd one the other night. Woke up early and could remember most but, of course, it "made more sense" during the dream than upon reflection. Anyhow:
Diamond Heist:
The major plot involved a diamond heist. I can't quite figure out if I was the "bad" or "good" guy in on it. But much of involved convincing an identical twin to receive shipment of smuggled diamonds from the courier by impersonating his brother (who he described as his "evil twin.") So I think this means we were on the good side or something. I also recall some planning and brainstorming about the "twin" angle. A bit confusing. Also we somewhat delayed the "evil" twins arrival to airport. Anyway the process worked and he met the courier at the airport who thought he was his brother and was given the satchel of diamonds and proceeded to do as we had planned. He took a cab to a busy hotel, would enter the hotel and in the crowd go out the back way and take what was like a tram (so I think a European city since we don't have those kinds of hop-on tram deals here.) Anyway we met up somewhere, at some shop, for the exchange. I think back at the airport? Or could be a department store section? It seemed like a duty-free but it also was selling books because I perused those while I waited on him. As planned he was to put the satchel, which looked like felt bag, like a Crown Royal bag, on a shelf behind some products (cologne? liquor? perfume?) so this would make sense for "duty-free" and I would retrieve so we weren't seen together and I could monitor if someone else went to shelf first. Anyway he was so nervous his hands were shaking and as he placed it behind bottles some of the diamonds fell out! He started to panic, I could hear them tinkling on shelves, which were glass or plexiglass (so again "duty-free" makes sense.) He caught most and put in back but was beginning to knock bottles over, was sweating, and looking very suspicious. People weren't paying attention, yet, but I had to run over and grab bag, tell him quietly- but firmly to leave-, and yelled something like "everyone please don't move, I've lost a contact" and got on the floor and searched around. Found a few more but had no idea of what was lost, but due to the attention I was getting I had to leave. Get back to the hotel room and meet up with my "boss," I guess and he was a very stereotypical diamond dealer, if you know what I mean, and he was happy that I salvaged most and said he could "find some cheap diamonds and cut to match the missing few. They are the smallest stones and won't be missed." I got the impression that he was either repairing some kind of famous jewelry that had been stolen and then the stones removed to be smuggled and fenced and I was recovering them.  Not sure what happened after that.

Dog Rescue:
But night ended I was on some lake with a small dog, a poodle mix and ran into some puppies who were playing close to the edge and fell in. I managed to grab them by their scruff and pull out but they didn't care and jumped back in. I guess they could swim despite the water being cold. But I got them again because I didn't think they could get back up the rock shelf being just pups. So I had to carry two wet puppies into a town and my dog (not really my dog but in dream) yapping away and entangling me in the leash because I guess he was jealous of me holding the puppies. I gave the pups to some lady, looked like a maid, sweeping the walkway at the closest house somewhat angrily- though they were cute and hard to be angry- and dropped them over the picket-fence and said:  "keep them fenced in! They almost drowned!"