Author Topic: Fave Horror Films 💀  (Read 24121 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Fave Horror Films 💀
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2022, 01:57:57 PM »
I go into any horror movie with low expectations.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE LIKE THAT!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2022, 02:21:00 PM »
Don't go into it expecting a masterpiece. But it's infinitely better than any of those stupid movies about a haunted doll.
Will do. Art looks interesting.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2022, 07:11:36 AM »
Don't go into it expecting a masterpiece. But it's infinitely better than any of those stupid movies about a haunted doll.
That’s how I went into the theater. Art the Clown definitely makes the movie. I like how it started. After a gruesome murder, Art calmly waltzes into a laundromat, strips naked to wash his blood spattered clown suit, and sets back to read the paper. Also, it’s where he first sees The Little Pale Girl, a nice little creepy addition to the movie.

It definitely had an 80’s slasher/ horror vibe too, similar to “A Nightmare on Elm Street,” if Freddie had just shut up and been about 100 times more sadistic. Art’s da man! ;) I think he could smile down Freddie, then just eat his brains. ;) Also, NO F’n CGI, which is a big plus and makes the movie even more gruesome.

It was good to see Art finally take out the bitch mother. She should have been made to suffer more, for her miserable acting, though. Shame on you, Art.  ;D

The movie would have benefited from some tight editing. It was at least 20 minutes too long. More Art, less mom the bitch and the dork kid. I think I would have cut most of the school scenes, including the dead opossum stuff. Also, the knife-Sienna reincarnation at the end was lame. For me, the entire Sienna-Art relationship and ending should have been more creative.

The movie is certainly better than any of the “Halloween” crap recently released. I can see it now in a sequel, with Art scrawling in blood “Sienna, I was your father!” ;)

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

bateman

• Ellightened
  • 위대한 수령 김일성동지는 항상 우리와 함께 계시리라
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2022, 11:35:20 AM »
The movie would have benefited from some tight editing. It was at least 20 minutes too long. More Art, less mom the bitch and the dork kid. I think I would have cut most of the school scenes, including the dead opossum stuff. Also, the knife-Sienna reincarnation at the end was lame. For me, the entire Sienna-Art relationship and ending should have been more creative.

Agree with most of this. Valid criticisms.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2022, 11:57:13 AM »
Agree with most of this. Valid criticisms.
I’m glad folks were posting about this movie. I thought about seeing “Terrifier 2” and “Smile” around Halloween but blew it off. Art the Clown was worthy. ;)

I did see a really awful 80’s slasher movie during a Halloween flick-fest. It was definitely MST3K material. So bad, I was laughing throughout the showing. The best thing about it was it had Linda Day George in it, along with her bad-acting hubbie.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

bateman

• Ellightened

bateman

• Ellightened
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2022, 05:16:18 PM »

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2022, 07:11:07 PM »
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2022, 07:35:47 PM »
I’m glad folks were posting about this movie. I thought about seeing “Terrifier 2” and “Smile” around Halloween but blew it off. Art the Clown was worthy. ;)

I did see a really awful 80’s slasher movie during a Halloween flick-fest. It was definitely MST3K material. So bad, I was laughing throughout the showing. The best thing about it was it had Linda Day George in it, along with her bad-acting hubbie.

heh heh

I remember seeing that years ago.  Ugh.  It was bad.  You have to admit that Christopher George was good in The Rat Patrol.  I always wanted a Jeep with a M2 Browning . 50 Cal machine gun mounted to it.   :D

Sorry to take this thread off topic.   ;)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2022, 07:42:38 PM »
heh heh

I remember seeing that years ago.  Ugh.  It was bad.  You have to admit that Christopher George was good in The Rat Patrol.  I always wanted a Jeep with a M2 Browning . 50 Cal machine gun mounted to it.   :D

Sorry to take this thread off topic.   ;)
The Rat Patrol is about the only thing I remember him in that I actually like. :) A classic intro.

His wife sure was a hot Nazi. ;)

Lynda Day strapped to a board should bring us back on topic.  ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2022, 08:16:18 PM »
The Rat Patrol is about the only thing I remember him in that I actually like. :) A classic intro.

His wife sure was a hot Nazi. ;)

Lynda Day strapped to a board should bring us back on topic.  ;D

Add Lynda Carter from that image.  Pick a name out of a hat and I'd be happy with either one.  ;)  :D

I think Christopher George was in an episode of Night Gallery.  I really don't know much about his career.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2022, 08:23:30 PM »
I've been checking out some upcoming horror flicks and it doesn't look promising.  More remakes, reboots, and supernatural stuff that typically is boring.  However, I will check out Salem's Lot.  First time on the big screen.  The first one on TV was nightmare fuel.

Face the master!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2022, 11:45:56 PM »
I've been checking out some upcoming horror flicks and it doesn't look promising. 
I check every year. And EVERY year I am reminded of the law of diminishing returns. Sometimes great cinematography and a seemingly good representation in the trailer sucks me in. But sure enough, within 10 or-so minutes I/you know exactly how things are going to unfold. Sometimes it is quite apparent that they have borrowed/lifted from two or three other successful movies, and it makes it even more of a cringe experience as they fumble and fuck themselves in what turns out to be a big damn waste of time for ME!

I JUST WANT TO SETTLE IN FOR A GENUINE NEW IDEA and enjoy an original cinematic experience.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2022, 04:11:31 AM »
Apparently they can’t even get scantily clad young women going into the basement right anymore. 
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2022, 09:20:17 AM »
And that's another thing. At least 75% of "horror" movies now are aimed at teens and those in their 20's. And of course the scantily clad chick or two is going to get sawed in half and you know it an hour before it happens. I won't even get started on the whole 'found footage' scourge that sprang from Blair Witch in 2000.

..I'm bitter and soured on the whole movie experience these days.