Author Topic: Fave Horror Films 💀  (Read 24137 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Fave Horror Films 💀
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2023, 08:11:17 AM »
Watched a 'Horror Movie' yesterday that had the highest ratings in years for a horror film. In the 80% sort of thing.

Here's the thing; people these days must have almost zero frame of reference for what IS or ISN"T a great movie in this genre. It's like they need to be sent to watch all horror films from the 70's and early 80's the get based.

Un-said movie is called From Black, and it's not too bad. Establishes a somewhat creepy mood right away. Sort of a take on Pet Sematary, and it has its moments and but the ending pissed me off in that they could have taken another 10 minutes to really finish it off properly. It was worth watching. Once.

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2023, 04:28:45 PM »
Watched a 'Horror Movie' yesterday that had the highest ratings in years for a horror film. In the 80% sort of thing.

Here's the thing; people these days must have almost zero frame of reference for what IS or ISN"T a great movie in this genre. It's like they need to be sent to watch all horror films from the 70's and early 80's the get based.

Un-said movie is called From Black, and it's not too bad. Establishes a somewhat creepy mood right away. Sort of a take on Pet Sematary, and it has its moments and but the ending pissed me off in that they could have taken another 10 minutes to really finish it off properly. It was worth watching. Once.

Did the horror hinge on the incorrect use of pronouns?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2023, 08:44:28 AM »
Is ANYONE going to watch POOH GO BAD?

I did. Pooh, Piglet, and one other are not the same since Christopher Robin left the 100 Acre Woods long ago. In fact, after Christopher's departure they went wild when a harsh winter came and this brought on extreme hunger. THEY ATE Eeyore in order to survive. This experience soured them beyond all hope. Anyone else going to take the dive? @bateman @Walks_At_Night ShayP would have dabbled..

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2023, 07:03:22 AM »
@bateman @Walks_At_Night ShayP would have dabbled..

$9.99 to rent the stream?  I'm down but will wait until its free.  In the meanwhile, I'll check out Santa Jaws which will be freebie.  After all.......

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2023, 09:49:02 AM »
@TigerLily We were talking about the Exorcist and filming location. Here is the one I watched but there are a few others on YT.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2023, 09:55:54 AM »
@TigerLily We were talking about the Exorcist and filming location. Here is the one I watched but there are a few others on YT.

Thanks.. I will check it out
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2023, 07:16:58 PM »
Ok, so I watched the new M. Knight Shamabugger film - Knock At The Cabin

Some would say that it is a waste of a good premise. Perhaps it is, but I won't ruin for you and I'll say that it is IMO better than much of what he has put out per his last few movies. It is worth a watch. You won't wish for your time back because it's just good enough. Has its moments and I do like the premise. Bit of a Twilight Zone thing/scenario.

Now. There is one glaring issue. It's not rubbed in your face but the dude manages to check a few WOKE boxes with this latest offering.
- Same sex couple with an adopted daughter. Two white guys who have a 7 year old Asian daughter. AND they adopted her by being deceitful, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the story.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I am going to confess to something, even though it seems like people love trashing M.Night, I still like his stuff on the most part. I haven't watched Cabin yet but I did watch Old on HBOMAX and I liked it, I was interested and the payoff "twist"/reasoning was fine with me. So yeah, I still look forward to his movies and will watch this once it gets on streaming

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2023, 08:03:30 PM »
I am going to confess to something, even though it seems like people love trashing M.Night, I still like his stuff on the most part. I haven't watched Cabin yet but I did watch Old on HBOMAX and I liked it, I was interested and the payoff "twist"/reasoning was fine with me. So yeah, I still look forward to his movies and will watch this once it gets on streaming
I tend to agree. I too look forward to his movies because he almost always has a great new idea and I fall for it every time. However, I also know that like always his movies start out out great, they will almost always begin to sissify in some way about halfway through. I tried to watch OLD but bailed. Considering taking another go at it because once again, I think he's got another cool idea in it.

Are you going to give Pooh-Bear a chance? @Zetaspeak ?  Somebody has to. I don't want to be the only one.

bateman

• Ellightened
  • 위대한 수령 김일성동지는 항상 우리와 함께 계시리라
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2023, 09:50:50 AM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2023, 10:10:25 AM »
Black lady Frankenstein. I don't know. Might not. Think I will.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2023, 01:33:08 PM »
After never seeing the human centipede movie I happened upon the Human Centipede II last night on TUBI. Got about halfway through and may finish it later. It's entirely in black n white and the main character is a very strange and physically odd specimen. Very short, very fat, and flat out just gave me the eebies. Not to mention he is extremely sick and evil and twisted. Weird little dude is, off. I saw a glimpse of what he gets up to later in the movie by dragging my mouse over the search line and it looked fucking nasty and disturbing.

Going to be one of those you can't unsee see it things.

bateman

• Ellightened
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2023, 03:43:37 PM »
After never seeing the human centipede movie I happened upon the Human Centipede II last night on TUBI. Got about halfway through and may finish it later. It's entirely in black n white and the main character is a very strange and physically odd specimen. Very short, very fat, and flat out just gave me the eebies. Not to mention he is extremely sick and evil and twisted. Weird little dude is, off. I saw a glimpse of what he gets up to later in the movie by dragging my mouse over the search line and it looked fucking nasty and disturbing.

Going to be one of those you can't unsee see it things.

I saw the first one and that was more than enough for me.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2023, 04:02:31 PM »
I saw the first one and that was more than enough for me.

LOL  Don't sugarcoat it.

Yeah, I can't say that I am in any hurry to see the first one or even finish the second. I think that the realization that all the good movies and tales have already been made and told, leaving ambitious film makers with the seemingly obvious choice to go for the utterly disturbing and unimaginable mix of suffering and imagery that sticks in the mind after one watches these movies.

In short - Shock.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2023, 04:04:36 PM »
Rob Zombie.
Merry Christmas

bateman

• Ellightened
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2023, 04:11:30 PM »
LOL  Don't sugarcoat it.

Yeah, I can't say that I am in any hurry to see the first one or even finish the second. I think that the realization that all the good movies and tales have already been made and told, leaving ambitious film makers with the seemingly obvious choice to go for the utterly disturbing and unimaginable mix of suffering and imagery that sticks in the mind after one watches these movies.

In short - Shock.

I enjoyed the hell out of both of these Panos Cosmatos films: