Author Topic: Fave Horror Films 💀  (Read 24146 times)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
Re: Fave Horror Films 💀
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2023, 08:12:58 PM »
I tend to agree. I too look forward to his movies because he almost always has a great new idea and I fall for it every time. However, I also know that like always his movies start out out great, they will almost always begin to sissify in some way about halfway through. I tried to watch OLD but bailed. Considering taking another go at it because once again, I think he's got another cool idea in it.

Are you going to give Pooh-Bear a chance? @Zetaspeak ?  Somebody has to. I don't want to be the only one.

I did not see Pooh Bear. I did see a equally horrible movie called Covid-19: Invasion Lockdown. People with covid is locked in a building and I guess the government hired people to kill them lol.. I think that's how it went, it was hard to follow. On Tubi and watched it because I had to see how bad this movie was it has a 1.9/10 rating on IMDB lol. It was under 90 minutes so that's a plus   ;D

Also watched 2015 The Witch on HBO/Max which of course was a much better movie. Not sure if it deserved the 90% on RottenTomatoes but it was fine.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2023, 08:57:05 PM »
I did not see Pooh Bear. I did see a equally horrible movie called Covid-19: Invasion Lockdown. People with covid is locked in a building and I guess the government hired people to kill them lol.. I think that's how it went, it was hard to follow. On Tubi and watched it because I had to see how bad this movie was it has a 1.9/10 rating on IMDB lol. It was under 90 minutes so that's a plus   ;D

Also watched 2015 The Witch on HBO/Max which of course was a much better movie. Not sure if it deserved the 90% on RottenTomatoes but it was fine.
No need to watch pooh bear.

The Witch was really good I thought. I'd give it a solid 8. It was dark and dirty, not to mention creepy, and I like that it was set in that particular time period. Like Evil Little House On The prairie.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2023, 04:30:28 PM »
After never seeing the human centipede movie I happened upon the Human Centipede II last night on TUBI. Got about halfway through and may finish it later. It's entirely in black n white and the main character is a very strange and physically odd specimen. Very short, very fat, and flat out just gave me the eebies. Not to mention he is extremely sick and evil and twisted. Weird little dude is, off. I saw a glimpse of what he gets up to later in the movie by dragging my mouse over the search line and it looked fucking nasty and disturbing.

Going to be one of those you can't unsee see it things.

Further in now. Our loveable main character uses a heavy grit sandpaper to whack off. In this movie the first HC movie is also a movie. Our freakish little man is taking it literally as he drools when he watches certain parts of it.  Oh, and he's got a lead actress from the original movie to meet him as he has plans to use her as sequence 1 in his "real life" creation. This is getting odder and odder..

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #228 on: June 29, 2023, 02:55:40 PM »
No need to watch pooh bear.

The Witch was really good I thought. I'd give it a solid 8. It was dark and dirty, not to mention creepy, and I like that it was set in that particular time period. Like Evil Little House On The prairie.

15 minutes in I knew I needed to turn on the closed captions because those accents were THICK  ;D

Went back to the early pages of this thread an noticed "Neon Demon" I did watch that on Prime. Some  of the visuals were really outstanding, but the whole thing felt a little bit of a Black Swan ripoff but it I liked it enough. The eyeball scene at the end was kinda fulfilling lol

Also saw an HBOMax documentary on SlenderMan about two young girls who killed their friend because Slenderman told them too. My Conclusion getting your spooky stories from Art Bell > Getting spooky stories from the internet 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2023, 09:09:16 PM »
OH FOR FUCK SAKES  ::)
For so many reason..  ::)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2023, 07:18:29 AM »

@TigerLily This was the new Exorcist movie I mentioned a little while back. Early reports that are found on YT are not very favorable. I don't know when they will stop trying to reinvent this particular wheel.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2023, 09:09:08 AM »
@TigerLily This was the new Exorcist movie I mentioned a little while back. Early reports that are found on YT are not very favorable. I don't know when they will stop trying to reinvent this particular wheel.

I hadn't watched the original in years. As we discussed I watched on TCM recently. Whole different experince than watching it on a big screen at a real movie theater. I saw it first at a midnite movie showing and was literally traumatized. Had to sleep with the lights on for three nights
But seeing this time (uncut and commercial free, as the man says) made it a completely different movie
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2023, 11:55:05 AM »
I hadn't watched the original in years. As we discussed I watched on TCM recently. Whole different experince than watching it on a big screen at a real movie theater. I saw it first at a midnite movie showing and was literally traumatized. Had to sleep with the lights on for three nights
But seeing this time (uncut and commercial free, as the man says) made it a completely different movie

Riiight.. that's what you told me. Um, that is not why I brought you here. I tagged you because you have Exorcist fresh on the brain and I told you of the new movie coming out, and as you see I included the trailer in my original post. That is what this is about!  ::)

Like.. why is this so hard? @TigerLily

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2023, 10:46:00 AM »

The played a preview of this when I watched Oppenheimer, I would say the trailer in the theater was MUCH better done and got some mumblings (I have no clue positive or negative though lol) when the end of the trailer started playing the Exorcist music/title. 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2023, 08:10:09 PM »
The played a preview of this when I watched Oppenheimer, I would say the trailer in the theater was MUCH better done and got some mumblings (I have no clue positive or negative though lol) when the end of the trailer started playing the Exorcist music/title.

Yeah, that's the thing about the music (Tubular bells) All these exorcist knockoffs use the music to try and give the thing some credibility. I just smell another bomb with this one.

There's only one Exorcist movie. That said, I did tell @TigerLily that Exorcist 3 was definitely worth watching. And I say that to you too @Zetaspeak Some incredible acting as well as a genuine creepy feeling.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2023, 05:28:04 PM »
Better late then never. Cocaine Bear.  I'm going in.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2023, 05:53:58 PM »
Better late then never. Cocaine Bear.  I'm going in.

Oh no..  I suspect you'll want your time back. It's fuckin' really stupid. I haven't seen it, just speculating.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2023, 07:09:56 PM »
Never liked horror movies, haven't seen many tbh, the only ones I did like were the original The Hills Have Eyes, and The Blair Witch Project - if that qualifies for the genre.

I'm not even sure what qualifies, for example was Jaws horror?

The thing about Blair Witch was it reminded me of some of my backpacking trips, with the worst events from all of them rolled into one movie.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2023, 07:47:55 PM »
Oh no..  I suspect you'll want your time back. It's fuckin' really stupid. I haven't seen it, just speculating.

Yeah. Not good. Ms. Kim with the big bazongas kind of saved it though.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2023, 01:40:51 AM »
Grim, unrelenting hillbilly horror.