Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 19450 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ernest Fox Nichols
Re: Dreams
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2020, 01:58:35 PM »
It was late at night, jet black out there at the gangster hideout.  I was standing by a tall, chain link fence, looking out through it but I couldn't see anything.  Mack, (or Mac?) the night watchman strolled out of his guard shack and asked if I could see anything and I said, "No."
"You look a little tired Mack," I said.  "How about a cup of coffee?"
The old watchman smiled and gave me a nod.  I went into a nearby building and got a cup of coffee out of a vending machine and took it out to poor old Mack, who was laying there on the pavement, dead.  Somebody out there in the darkness plugged him, I surmised.  Right then, the boss drove up in his big, black limousine and he told me to get in.  I climbed into the car but we didn't drive out of the outpost, no, he turned the car around and headed back to headquarters.  We pulled up to the curb and a super duper of a bad apple gangster walked up to the car and asked the boss if we were going to get revenge for Mack's slaying. 
"Let's fight!" I shouted out with an angry voice.
The hard core criminal leaned down to my window and gave me a nice 'That's the spirit' look. 
But the boss said "No."
He kind of threw water on our desire to get revenge, so I woke up.   

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2020, 07:51:15 AM »
It was late at night, jet black out there at the gangster hideout.  I was standing by a tall, chain link fence, looking out through it but I couldn't see anything.  Mack, (or Mac?) the night watchman strolled out of his guard shack and asked if I could see anything and I said, "No."
"You look a little tired Mack," I said.  "How about a cup of coffee?"
The old watchman smiled and gave me a nod.  I went into a nearby building and got a cup of coffee out of a vending machine and took it out to poor old Mack, who was laying there on the pavement, dead.  Somebody out there in the darkness plugged him, I surmised.  Right then, the boss drove up in his big, black limousine and he told me to get in.  I climbed into the car but we didn't drive out of the outpost, no, he turned the car around and headed back to headquarters.  We pulled up to the curb and a super duper of a bad apple gangster walked up to the car and asked the boss if we were going to get revenge for Mack's slaying. 
"Let's fight!" I shouted out with an angry voice.
The hard core criminal leaned down to my window and gave me a nice 'That's the spirit' look. 
But the boss said "No."
He kind of threw water on our desire to get revenge, so I woke up.
Never mind revenge, what about that cup of coffee?  Would the boss mind if you carried it into the limo?

And is there some way we can merge the two Dreams threads?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2020, 02:55:38 PM »
Never mind revenge, what about that cup of coffee?  Would the boss mind if you carried it into the limo?

And is there some way we can merge the two Dreams threads?

That was a fun dream, very dark and film noir like.  That's why I described it like I did.  As far as the cup of coffee goes, I stopped dreaming about it once I spotted the watchman's body.  The dialogue in the dream was rather simple and I think that's why I was able to remember it upon awakening. 

I kind of gravitated to this thread because it is the older of the two.   

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2020, 11:07:58 AM »
That was a fun dream, very dark and film noir like.  That's why I described it like I did.  As far as the cup of coffee goes, I stopped dreaming about it once I spotted the watchman's body.
My question about the coffee was because I thought that would be funny.  You know, like someone watching that as a movie and then saying, "Never mind about the revenge, is the coffee still hot?"

But I guess after, "Leave the gun.  Take the cannoli," nothing like that is funny any more.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2020, 02:07:35 PM »
I dreamt that I was singing a song, a nice bluesy type number with actual lyrics and everything.  The funny thing was, I remembered it after I woke up.  Actually the lyrics were gone, but I remembered the melody.  I went about my day humming it, until another song entered my head.  The song was Pretty Baby and once it got in there it totally erased my song.  If only I could have saved that dream tune.  If I could have taken it down, added lyrics and sold it to a well known singer.  It would have been a hit.

Here is the song that killed my dream tune.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2020, 02:23:24 PM »
I had a dream that my mother invented roll-on deodorant.  I asked her why she never told me and if she made money from it.  She wouldn't answer and looked like she was going to cry.  The only other part of the dream I can recall is that she was putting decorative shrink wrap on pears.  They were little sleeves of plastic with designs on them and she'd slip them on the pears then use a hair dryer to make them shrink and seal around the fruit.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2020, 06:12:40 PM »
I had a dream that my mother invented roll-on deodorant.  I asked her why she never told me and if she made money from it.  She wouldn't answer and looked like she was going to cry.  The only other part of the dream I can recall is that she was putting decorative shrink wrap on pears.  They were little sleeves of plastic with designs on them and she'd slip them on the pears then use a hair dryer to make them shrink and seal around the fruit.
We need a dream dictionary. There's some Freudian shit going on there.

....BRB....
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2020, 06:16:58 PM »
We need a dream dictionary. There's some Freudian shit going on there.

....BRB....

@ShayP Dream Bible says you're awesome:
To dream of a pear represents feeling good being responsible or making responsible choices. Responsibility or responsible ideas that feel good being good for you. Feeling good being a good person or a responsible person.

I'm going to stop there and not look up shrink wrap; because let's be honest, nothing good can come of that.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2020, 07:39:38 PM »
I had a dream last night that I can't remember but when I woke up this morning my pillow was missing. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2020, 07:35:56 AM »
To dream of a pear represents feeling good being responsible or making responsible choices. Responsibility or responsible ideas that feel good being good for you. Feeling good being a good person or a responsible person.

I'm going to stop there and not look up shrink wrap; because let's be honest, nothing good can come of that.

That Dream Bible is wrong. ;D @PolkaDot  Well, good person...I'd like to think so.  Responsible?  Well that's another story.   ;)

Yeah, it's best to not look up shrink wrap.  Especially since it's a dream involving my mother.  *cringe*  LOL!

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2020, 06:39:51 PM »
I had a dream that my mother invented roll-on deodorant.  I asked her why she never told me and if she made money from it.  She wouldn't answer
Kept mum, huh?

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2020, 06:42:11 PM »

More down side potential than roll-on, though?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2020, 03:54:13 AM »
I haven’t seen any dream interpretation booklets, a.k.a. Dream Books, for sale in a long time.  Did the Internet kill those, too?
Merry Christmas