Author Topic: 2021 Hurricane / Tropical Storm Season  (Read 7614 times)

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
Re: 2021 Hurricane / Tropical Storm Season
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2021, 03:06:07 AM »
Those in New Orleans without power. No A/C and it's over 80 with the Heat Index.

Those staying in New Orleans in Modern Hotels will not have A/C either ?, and no way to open windows.

Emergency Generators for Hotels don't generally power the A/C system? They power Emergency Lighting. And maybe enough power for one elevator to work for the Fire Dept. to use.

If the modern hotel has electronic doors, during a power outage, those doors will be locked or unlocked??

Also, all of the Security Cameras may or may not be running, and if they are, unless they have night vision, they may not see much at all.

Some Companies in office buildings have installed back up battery power for the computer servers, but if the power stays off for a week, I don't know how long those back up systems can stay up.

I don't know if News agencies will even report on such sensitive issues to the General Public.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2021, 07:11:29 AM »
Well, gang. It’s showtime. At least Jim Cantore is in New Orleans, not here in Baton Rouge. See ya on the good side, hopefully, with God’s grace.
🙋🏻‍♀️
@Jayzelady you and yours are in my prayers.
Hope to see you back on EllGab soon.

https://twitter.com/TheCityofBR/status/1432334834899300356

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2021, 08:19:03 AM »
Those in New Orleans without power. No A/C and it's over 80 with the Heat Index.

Those staying in New Orleans in Modern Hotels will not have A/C either ?, and no way to open windows.

Emergency Generators for Hotels don't generally power the A/C system? They power Emergency Lighting. And maybe enough power for one elevator to work for the Fire Dept. to use.

If the modern hotel has electronic doors, during a power outage, those doors will be locked or unlocked??

Also, all of the Security Cameras may or may not be running, and if they are, unless they have night vision, they may not see much at all.

Some Companies in office buildings have installed back up battery power for the computer servers, but if the power stays off for a week, I don't know how long those back up systems can stay up.

I don't know if News agencies will even report on such sensitive issues to the General Public.
One of the worst things with major hurricanes.  If you’re fortunate enough to escape without any property damage, or God forbid, injuries, you’re without power for weeks, in the worst of the summer heat.  I remember being without power for over two weeks after Ike.  Fortunately, I got out early and just enjoyed my time in Dallas as an unplanned vacation. That alone, for me, is enough reason to evacuate.  And you need to do it way before the local yokel guberment directs it.  They rarely get anything right and hurricanes aren’t any different.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2021, 01:02:44 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/hurricane-ida-live-updates-c0f5c66f768a1b1c53aa0cac28c24150

More than 1 million customers in Louisiana and Mississippi — including all of New Orleans — were left without power as Ida, one of the most powerful hurricanes ever to hit the U.S. mainland, pushed through on Sunday and early Monday before weakening into a tropical storm.

Officials warned it could be weeks before the power grid is repaired.

https://apnews.com/article/hurricane-ida-louisiana-new-orleans-c43c2c68946ceb6100c2239534c6c290

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2021, 01:30:12 PM »
Merry Christmas

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2021, 08:51:34 AM »

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2021, 11:36:56 PM »
https://www.nola.com/news/hurricane/article_d5d5f57c-0a7b-11ec-a7b4-3f2c99af0f4c.html

Much about the plan to restore power was unclear Tuesday afternoon, but it was widely expected that even if power was restored to hospitals, the Sewerage & Water Board and other critical needs in the city soon, it would take far longer for average residents and businesses to be able to turn on their lights and their air conditioning.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2021, 12:52:39 AM »
I thought this curfew should have happened Monday...

https://twitter.com/mayorcantrell/status/1432842385852182529

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2021, 04:27:27 AM »
Sad News

https://twitter.com/ErikaFerrandoTV/status/1432506726994042883

I can only imagine the horror for the wife. I hope the husband passed over quickly. So sad and shocking.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2021, 04:31:38 AM »
Sitting in my home with electrify I can hear the rainfall from IDA.
I hope things are getting better for @Jayzelady .

https://twitter.com/TheCityofBR/status/1432395230016380941

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2021, 07:38:56 PM »
Hey, y’all! We just got our power back a few minutes ago! I can’t even begin to describe just how rough the Hurricane was. My part of Baton Rouge had wind gusts of 79 mph. Thankfully, I and my two daughters who live here were safe and our homes made it through intact. We lost some trees and fences but thank God they fell away from the houses. Gonna be awhile before we all get over this one. Please pray for those around New Orleans and the coast who had it so, so much worse.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2021, 07:40:33 PM »
Hey, y’all! We just got our power back a few minutes ago! I can’t even begin to describe just how rough the Hurricane was. My part of Baton Rouge had wind gusts of 79 mph. Thankfully, I and my two daughters who live here we’re safe and our homes made it through intact. We lost some trees and fences but thank God they fell away from the houses. Gonna be awhile before we all get over this one. Please pray for those around New Orleans and the coast who had it so. So much worse.

Glad to hear that things are mostly well with you and yours!