Author Topic: Musical Ellgabers | Post Your Stuff  (Read 16023 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Musical Ellgabers | Post Your Stuff
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2023, 04:38:59 PM »
Don't know why? hmmmm...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Cleaned out the inputs on my console and figured I would record something relaxing being that it was reasonably late in the evening. Even tried to use the acoustic guitar body as bongo drums, but that didn't fly.  ;D

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2023, 06:38:11 AM »
Here's another ancient one.  Live performance by The Fabulous Bluenotes and The Three Heads (singers) at Trader Louie's Nightclub in Savannah, Georgia in mid-August 1968.  The fire department allowed 135 people into the place. We generally packed in double that amount.  Air conditioning was a few wall units, so when the crowd came in and started dancing, it was hot as holy hell.  It played hell with horn intonation, too.  I was playing my brand spanking new Elkhart Conn 88h trombone, which I still have.  We might have been good if we actually practiced anything rather than make it up on the fly.  Too interested in beer and women. Recorded on a Wollensak stereo reel-to-reel with mics hanging above the stage.

http://paxety.com/Audio/04StevieWonder.mp3
Merry Christmas

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2023, 07:41:22 AM »
Here's another ancient one.  Live performance by The Fabulous Bluenotes and The Three Heads (singers) at Trader Louie's Nightclub in Savannah, Georgia in mid-August 1968.  The fire department allowed 135 people into the place. We generally packed in double that amount.  Air conditioning was a few wall units, so when the crowd came in and started dancing, it was hot as holy hell.  It played hell with horn intonation, too. I was playing my brand spanking new Elkhart Conn 88h trombone, which I still have.  We might have been good if we actually practiced anything rather than make it up on the fly. Too interested in beer and women. Recorded on a Wollensak stereo reel-to-reel with mics hanging above the stage.

In other words, you like playing the rusty trombone. So does Walks, oddly enough, you could do duets.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2023, 08:07:29 AM »
In other words, you like playing the rusty trombone. So does Walks, oddly enough, you could do duets.

Why do you even bother? You've got zero game.  Juan said that was recorded in 1968. The age of Grace Slick, Steppenwolf, etc. Perfect setup to zing him with "So even when you were a young guy, you were an old guy".  Instead you go with that lame ass schlock.  Be better.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2023, 08:36:51 AM »
Here's another ancient one.  Live performance by The Fabulous Bluenotes and The Three Heads (singers) at Trader Louie's Nightclub in Savannah, Georgia in mid-August 1968.  The fire department allowed 135 people into the place. We generally packed in double that amount.  Air conditioning was a few wall units, so when the crowd came in and started dancing, it was hot as holy hell.  It played hell with horn intonation, too.  I was playing my brand spanking new Elkhart Conn 88h trombone, which I still have.  We might have been good if we actually practiced anything rather than make it up on the fly.  Too interested in beer and women. Recorded on a Wollensak stereo reel-to-reel with mics hanging above the stage.

I really liked that JUAN. Foot tappin' with my coffee. Sound wise it comes across great. Captures the mood of the night IMO.

Why do you even bother? You've got zero game.  Juan said that was recorded in 1968. The age of Grace Slick, Steppenwolf, etc. Perfect setup to zing him with "So even when you were a young guy, you were an old guy".  Instead you go with that lame ass schlock.  Be better.
If you want, I'll threaten to go to his house and beat him up.. ?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2023, 08:49:42 AM »
If you want, I'll threaten to go to his house and beat him up.. ?

Wouldn't do any good. He lives to get the crap knocked out of himself. Happens every weekend. He's one of those soccer hooligans that goes ape everytime Aston Vila ties nil-nil [which is like constantly in that silly game].

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2023, 09:59:45 AM »

Is the drummer on anything else?
I like his Animal from the Muppets energy.
The sex to make me didn't happen until the 70's, what was the club groupie scene like in 1968?
Was the beer to get the girls drunk enough to put her mouth on your trombone?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2023, 10:13:58 AM »
I tell the drummer he's the best I ever played With except maybe Ed Shaughnessy.  He could do all of that while twirling his sticks.  This was the era between the invention of the pill and the curse of herpes, well before AIDS. Lots of girls and it didn't take much beer.  Freedom!
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2023, 10:35:43 AM »
He could do all of that while twirling his sticks.

How much stick twirling is too much stick twirling?
Zoltan amount.

This was the era between the invention of the pill and the curse of herpes, well before AIDS. Lots of girls and it didn't take much beer.  Freedom!

Yeah but you had to deal with hairy, musky bush in those badly air conditioned clubs.
HASHTAG SHAVEDOM!
HASHTAG CENTRL AIR KEEPING COOTERS COOLER

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2023, 10:45:07 AM »
We didn't know any better.
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2023, 01:45:36 PM »
I had to test a B3 plugin this weekend as well as this heavily compressed vocal vst that makes everyone sound like Dio on Live Evell.
Then there was talk about @KSM  saying goodbye to a dentist and the emotional Falkie goodbye bedframe on here.
I did not like the B3 plugin or the Dio compressor but this Scandal song is timeless.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2023, 03:38:56 PM »
I had to test a B3 plugin this weekend as well as this heavily compressed vocal vst that makes everyone sound like Dio on Live Evell.
Then there was talk about @KSM  saying goodbye to a dentist and the emotional Falkie goodbye bedframe on here.
I did not like the B3 plugin or the Dio compressor but this Scandal song is timeless.

Heh he heh..  I like it! Wouldn't mind an mp3 in the email if you don't mind. Hitting some good notes there too. Catchy chorus.  You didn't say whether or not you like the plugin..  You love that picture of me, and that was after 3 weeks of no workouts due to a sore shoulder. I'll be sure to upload a new and even more wonderful shot reeeaaal sooon.  :-*

One thing, Bart. Don't you think that kick sound is a little boomy in the overall low end? Perhaps some 3.5K for some snap! But I am serious about wanting a copy either way.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2023, 05:27:07 AM »
You didn't say whether or not you like the plugin..

Uhhhh...

The B3 did not sound good and the vocal compressor toy did some weird stuff that was very unnatural.

Don't you think that kick sound is a little boomy in the overall low end?

Not mixed yet, I submit the tracks as they are and then usually fix the things I did not like and mix after I am done dealing with their R&D team.

Catchy chorus.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2023, 08:06:25 AM »
Uhhhh...

Ahh. You did say whether or not you liked the plugin. You did not like the plugin!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2023, 03:54:57 PM »
Dammit. Friend of mine whom I have not seen in a few years died sometime in the last week or so. He was the first guy to ever pay me to record his music when I first built my home studio. He's not an EllGabber, but he would have considered it. Thought I would share a song or two of his. Pretty sure I played bass on these two. We had him and his family over for Christmas a few years in a row. Fun folks.

So basically, life kills people. Huh. kind of defeats the entire purpose.. :-\   ::) 

https://brucerogerssongs.com/track/414592/my-little-girl

https://brucerogerssongs.com/track/414584/simple-stupid-keep-it-simple