Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 848724 times)

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #8430 on: February 02, 2023, 09:20:10 PM »
Yes that was the way he did it with callers, he stayed in "Riz" mode. He didn't seem to channel with the callers, just did cold readings it sounded like.
With one caller he asked her if there was someone connected to her named "Richard" and she said no, later she mentioned a "Robert" and Noory jumped in and said "thats close, almost the same as Richard" :D

But in his first hour with Noory without callers, Noory had him channel some spirit named "Phineas" and that was when his accent and mood changed.
Then he switched back to regular "Riz" for the rest of the show with the callers.

lol i heard the 'Richard' call, that's how con artist psychics do it, mention something that is very common i.e. a common name, a common illness, common life event/situation - even when you don't get a direct 'hit' you can turn Richard into Robert and carry on the charade

it's hopeless, Noory and Danheiser have made Coast unlistenable, i tuned in Frank Morano last night, he's not easy to take either. i wish WABC would give their overnight shift to Curtis Sliwa.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #8431 on: February 02, 2023, 09:40:36 PM »
Almost every other night now Noory has a guest on that gives callers personal "readings" whether its an astrologer, psychic, channeler, or animal communicator.
In contrast, Art Bell never allowed personal readings on the air since he knew that such readings are only of interest to the caller, not to the rest of the audience.
Better to allow only more general questions that are of interest to everybody.
But Noory is stupid to figure that out...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #8432 on: February 02, 2023, 09:41:21 PM »
Isn't Sliwa about the same age as sNoory?
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #8433 on: February 02, 2023, 09:46:31 PM »
lol i heard the 'Richard' call, that's how con artist psychics do it, mention something that is very common i.e. a common name, a common illness, common life event/situation - even when you don't get a direct 'hit' you can turn Richard into Robert and carry on the charade

it's hopeless, Noory and Danheiser have made Coast unlistenable, i tuned in Frank Morano last night, he's not easy to take either. i wish WABC would give their overnight shift to Curtis Sliwa.

Like this clown?

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8434 on: February 02, 2023, 10:37:59 PM »
Isn't Sliwa about the same age as sNoory?

he's a few years younger than Noory but lots of energy, guy has led a pretty incredible life, been pumped full of lead by John Gotti Jr., just finished running for NYC mayor, tells great stories about NYC history, good raconteur and he spends a lot of time tearing Frank Morano apart hilariously. Sliwa lost his day time slot when he ran for mayor so now he does overnights on weekends and does some guest spots on WABC's other shows

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8435 on: February 02, 2023, 10:44:30 PM »
Like this clown?

lol yes, absolutely pathetic. Kreskin was a great showman, but he I think admitted he was basically an entertainer and had aids he used to pull off his 'mentalist' shtick

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #8436 on: February 02, 2023, 11:31:28 PM »
Noory's guest is convinced wwiii has already begun and will end in several months with Russia launching a successful nuke attack on the USA.
He told Noory that USA nuke subs are not useable though Noory protested since he was in the Navy decades ago.
The guest said the USA nuke missiles would be ineffective for a retaliatory attack since the nukes are decades old and most won't work now.
He also told how there would be several fronts including North Korea attacking South Korea and Iran attacking Israel.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #8437 on: February 02, 2023, 11:53:30 PM »
I'm a dead man. Nukes are gonna blows me ups.
Eh, nevermind...

garywilson

• KMST
« Reply #8438 on: February 03, 2023, 12:01:17 AM »
this guy is pissing me attacking out my country
what  ol benjamin going to do when china /russia win the war against the usa
they either going to kill him or make him a slave
screw this guy

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #8439 on: February 03, 2023, 12:42:27 AM »
this guy is pissing me attacking out my country
what  ol benjamin going to do when china /russia win the war against the usa
they either going to kill him or make him a slave
screw this guy

And who is Ol' Benjamin here or being alluded to? Perhaps a literary reference, like that staunch cynic in Animal Farm.

Benjamin is an old and pessimistic donkey. No one on the farm knows exactly how old he is but it is hinted that he has been around for a very long time. He is never enthusiastic when things go well for the animals; likewise, he is never surprised or upset when things go wrong. He often gives vague answers. Some might say that he is a realist.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #8440 on: February 03, 2023, 01:01:19 AM »
Benjamin was the first guest's name.
For once Noory's second guest isn't doing callers personal readings for once!

garywilson

• KMST
« Reply #8441 on: February 03, 2023, 02:13:29 AM »
i hate benjamin ba KOOk  saying usa deserves  it fate
i hope some rednecks  jump him and give him beatdown

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #8442 on: February 03, 2023, 05:42:27 AM »
Almost every other night now Noory has a guest on that gives callers personal "readings" whether its an astrologer, psychic, channeler, or animal communicator.
In contrast, Art Bell never allowed personal readings on the air since he knew that such readings are only of interest to the caller, not to the rest of the audience.
Better to allow only more general questions that are of interest to everybody.
But Noory is stupid to figure that out...
Snorge could care less, as long as Ms. Julie keeps the paycheck coming. He’s been punching in for years, the ultimate definition of just showing up for a job and he barely does that.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #8443 on: February 03, 2023, 06:04:57 AM »
Back in the beginnings of talk radio in the 60s and 70s, stations thought a lot of callers meant a lot of listeners. Psychics brought a lot of callers, so they were a standard fare. Until years of ratings showed that the number of callers had nothing to do with listeners. That's who now, so shows don't take callers at all, or take very few.  sNoory is still stuck in the time he interviewed Jimmy Hoffa.
Merry Christmas

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8444 on: February 03, 2023, 12:11:08 PM »

20 years hosting Coast and Noory's only memorable moment is the Pizza Roll story and even then it's only the cartoon some internet anon did that made it good.