Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 847663 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #7635 on: November 04, 2022, 08:34:50 PM »
Heh, who doesn’t look forward to listening to taking the same awful crap. Over and over again.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Listening to sNoory is like eating walnut shell slivers.
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #7636 on: November 04, 2022, 09:52:24 PM »
I listened to George's interview with the Canadian anthropologist, talking about a race of small hominoids in Indonesia.  This was the worst interview I've heard George do on C2C. He was ill prepared, clearly wasn't listening to the guest, and asked asinine questions...all to the bemusement of the professor.  Yes, it sounds like just another night of Noory, but no, this was beyond bad.

It started off poorly with George saying the particular Indonesian island in question was "1000 miles off the coast of Portugal."   The guest good naturedly told George where Indonesia was (in SEA) and therefore was much further away from Portugal. George said it again going into a break, and in response a caller told George he was incorrect, it was over 6000 miles from Portugal.  George blamed Google, he actually said, "Thanks, Google."

To impress all with his knowledge of history and geopolitics, George cheerfully told us Indonesia was owned by the Portuguese.  Again, the good professor politely corrected him, explaining Indonesia was a sovereign nation that had first been visited by the Portugese, but it was best known for having been the Netherlands East Indies before gaining its independence from the Dutch in 1949.  Without missing a beat, George carried on with the interview.

The guest explained early on the small people he was studying were said to be very primitive, they didn't wear clothes, make/use tools, and did not cook their food because the didn't have fire.  Sure enough, within ten minutes George asked him if they used weapons, then if they had fire.  The prof basically repeated what he explained earlier in the interview.

The highlight of George's buffoonery was asking the anthropologist if there was any connection between the small Indonesia tribe and Irish leprechauns.  Seriously, he honest to God asked the guy this question.  Chuckling, he explained to George leprechauns were mythical beings, whereas his Indonesians were flesh and blood, and had been in Indonesia for thousands of years. This seemed to confuse George.

This was a show for the ages.  The professor guest was one of the most gracious individuals I've ever heard on C2C, how he kept from losing it I don't know.  If I can find an email address for him, I'm going to drop him a note telling him he must have the patience of a saint.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #7637 on: November 04, 2022, 10:14:49 PM »
I listened to George's interview with the Canadian anthropologist, talking about a race of small hominoids in Indonesia.  This was the worst interview I've heard George do on C2C. He was ill prepared, clearly wasn't listening to the guest, and asked asinine questions...all to the bemusement of the professor.  Yes, it sounds like just another night of Noory, but no, this was beyond bad.

It started off poorly with George saying the particular Indonesian island in question was "1000 miles off the coast of Portugal."   The guest good naturedly told George where Indonesia was (in SEA) and therefore was much further away from Portugal. George said it again going into a break, and in response a caller told George he was incorrect, it was over 6000 miles from Portugal.  George blamed Google, he actually said, "Thanks, Google."

To impress all with his knowledge of history and geopolitics, George cheerfully told us Indonesia was owned by the Portuguese.  Again, the good professor politely corrected him, explaining Indonesia was a sovereign nation that had first been visited by the Portugese, but it was best known for having been the Netherlands East Indies before gaining its independence from the Dutch in 1949.  Without missing a beat, George carried on the interview.

The guest explained early on the small people he was studying were said to be very primitive, they didn't wear clothes, make/use tools, and did not cook their food because the didn't have fire.  Sure enough, within ten minutes George asked him if they used weapons, then if they had fire.  The prof basically repeated what he explained earlier interview.

The highlight of George's buffoonery was asking the anthropologist if there was any connection between the small Indonesia tribe and Irish leprechauns.  Seriously, he honest to God asked the guy this question.  Chuckling, he explained to George leprechauns were mythical beings, whereas his Indonesians were flesh and blood, and had been in Indonesia for thousands of years. This seemed to confuse George.

This was a show for the ages.  The professor guest was one of the most gracious individuals I've ever heard on C2C, how he kept from losing it I don't know.  If I can find an email address for him, I'm going to drop him a note telling him he must have the patience of a saint.
Incredible the guest stayed on for his full 2 hour slot.
Often if a guest corrects Noory on the air, he will magically disappear after the next commercial break due to "technical problems" or some other excuse.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7638 on: November 04, 2022, 10:48:13 PM »
... The guest explained early on the small people he was studying... didn't wear clothes...

Doesn't he know this is a family show?

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7639 on: November 05, 2022, 12:39:08 AM »

Another installment of Tommy's 'Texts and Tweets for George' - somebody asked a question about 'the regular callers'. George denied that they have a secret number or Tommy calls them. Noory described them 'they're like characters in a TV show'.  Tommy added that he's been in radio a long time and never seen a relationship like Coast and the regular callers, 'they're like family'.
Then they started naming callers they worry about because they haven't called in for a long time. Gee I wonder what happened to Annie from Alabamy, such a young vital woman, she probably met a guy and moved to California and they're planning a family. ::)

George has so much respect for his audience he's now shilling 'Limited Mintage Silver ALIEN Coins' to them.

garywilson

• KMST
« Reply #7640 on: November 05, 2022, 12:58:37 AM »
elvis is alive
i knew it oscar son of satan was right
he said the king was hiding in withness protection
and elvis he in witness protection program

garywilson

• KMST
« Reply #7641 on: November 05, 2022, 01:18:32 AM »
mike called in and corny talked to each other
i wish jc and oscar would talk to each other

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7642 on: November 05, 2022, 01:38:43 AM »
quite a night of open phones. A caller told George about some financial emergency he's having and asked Noory if he could help him he needs $2200, of course Noory didn't offer him any help but told him to set up a GoFundMe and then send it to Tommy and George will announce it on the air - we know that will never happen even if the guy does send the info to Tommy.

Then a woman named Lynn called in with a cancer sob story, Noory told her about the 3 Almonds a Day, 'we can't say cure' but encouraged her to try it.

Mike the Millennial called in for some taint licking, mentioned some other radio host with cancer he is praying for. George then brought Cornelius on the air to interact live with Mike, Corny told us what a great guy Mike is and how much he helped him with his own crises. Cornelius then started talking about Miss Lynn and her daughter with multiple myeloma, it's the same cancer Corny's mom had and she was given only a year to live but Corny said George and the Coast listeners prayed for her and she lived 3 years. Glory be. Corny said 'That multiple myeloma is a tough cancer n' stuff, Miss Lynn should take those almonds n' stuff.' Corny then added that he is going through another financial crisis now, Noory offered nothing and made some joke about Corny. Noory then turned his attention to Mike and told him 'I want you to run for public office in the next few years.'  Mike was embarrassed and flattered with that and told George 'I was one of the most socially awkward people you would ever know.'  Wow, I can't believe that Mike, you sound so perfectly normal for a 26 year old. Mike said it was Cornelius, Barry and Thomas from La Jolla who inspired him to become a caller 'if they could do it then so could I.'

lol what a depressing program

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7643 on: November 05, 2022, 03:01:51 AM »
... Mike said it was Cornelius, Barry and Thomas from La Jolla who inspired him to become a caller 'if they could do it then so could I...

Something to aspire to.  Perhaps a Sad-Packer wannabe out there somewhere will screw up their courage and finally decide to join in.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7644 on: November 05, 2022, 03:05:09 AM »
mike called in and corny talked to each other
i wish jc and oscar would talk to each other

George and Tommee should banter with each other here and there, giving life tips, discussing their day, and generally taking the listeners behind the scenes. 

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7645 on: November 05, 2022, 05:28:25 AM »
sNoory can’t even get Edgar Cayce right.  Three almonds a day keep the cancer away is the saying -  so it’s preventive not curative.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7646 on: November 05, 2022, 05:56:30 AM »

…The highlight of George's buffoonery was asking the anthropologist if there was any connection between the small Indonesia tribe and Irish leprechauns. Seriously, he honest to God asked the guy this question.  Chuckling, he explained to George leprechauns were mythical beings, whereas his Indonesians were flesh and blood, and had been in Indonesia for thousands of years. This seemed to confuse George…

Ha, ha, ha! ;D Thanks for posting this. My big laugh for the day week.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7647 on: November 05, 2022, 06:55:10 AM »
Ha, ha, ha! ;D Thanks for posting this. My big laugh for the day week.

A former naval officer that thinks Indonesia is a 1000 miles off of Portugal. Cripes.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7648 on: November 05, 2022, 07:12:47 AM »
A former naval officer that thinks Indonesia is a 1000 miles off of Portugal. Cripes.
Ha! Dave Norway… Thuh horror that keeps on buffooning.  ;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #7649 on: November 05, 2022, 08:35:19 AM »
Something to aspire to.  Perhaps a Sad-Packer wannabe out there somewhere will screw up their courage and finally decide to join in.

They are taking auditions to back-up the pack.