Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838696 times)

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #3615 on: September 30, 2021, 09:02:59 AM »
As Cornelius is from Louisiana, I wonder if he has eaten a horseshoe crab.  As he is not from the southernmost part of the state, maybe not.  What about it @Jayzelady?

Jeeezus, I hope not! Nor has any Louisianan with any common sense at all. (And we can eat most things if it’s in a jambalaya, gumbo, or etouffe, especially down here in South Louisiana)
The Horseshoes are ugly little buggers and scary looking.

https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/SG190

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3616 on: September 30, 2021, 09:23:20 AM »
Jeeezus, I hope not! Nor has any Louisianan with any common sense at all. (And we can eat most things if it’s in a jambalaya, gumbo, or etouffe, especially down here in South Louisiana)
The Horseshoes are ugly little buggers and scary looking.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

That's a crab? 

I've seen similar things in fish markets in Thailand and had no idea what they were

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3617 on: September 30, 2021, 09:28:37 AM »

''Despite what the common name implies, horseshoe crabs are not crabs at all. Horseshoe crabs are in the phylum Arthropoda, and within the subphylum Chelicerata. As such, horseshoe crabs are most closely related to sea spiders, spiders, scorpions, ticks, and mites. For context, crabs, shrimp, barnacles, and lobsters are also in the phylum Arthropoda, but these animals are crustaceans.''

First, barnacles, lol?

Insects and shell fish have a common ancestor, these things are related to ''spiders, scorpions, ticks, and mites'' - yummy!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3618 on: September 30, 2021, 10:09:16 AM »
It's amazing that people will eat stuff like that. In addition to being "mite-like," IT LIVES IN ITS OWN TOILET!
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3619 on: September 30, 2021, 10:10:08 AM »
People areound here will eat most anything, too.  But I’ve never heard of eating a horseshoe crab.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #3620 on: September 30, 2021, 10:19:10 AM »
I wouldn’t want to put a grilled one in front of Tommee and expect leftovers.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3621 on: September 30, 2021, 10:28:02 AM »
I wouldn’t want to put a grilled one in front of Tommee and expect leftovers.

With chocolate sauce?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #3622 on: September 30, 2021, 10:34:31 AM »
With chocolate sauce?
As long as you don’t want the plate back.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: "Coast-To-Coast AM" Becomes A Puppet Show? Some Already Share Resemblances
« Reply #3623 on: September 30, 2021, 04:13:16 PM »
Yes, great idea. Looking over some of those "Awkward Puppets" videos, it appears the manufacturer, "Silly Puppets", has got some of them "covered" already. Like these:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Noory and the Numbers Lady is brilliant.  ;D

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #3624 on: September 30, 2021, 06:32:22 PM »
The George and Ian Punnett puppets had me ROTFLMAO!

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #3625 on: October 01, 2021, 08:08:44 AM »
Today on Norry's recipes:  Horseshoe crab microwaved!

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #3626 on: October 01, 2021, 11:59:05 AM »

I went to bed early last night but I woke briefly somewhere around 4-5AM and heard Noory and his Linda Moulton Howe replacement Sherryl, she had obviously finished whatever uninteresting 'report' 'interview' she prepared and as usual Noory is left awkwardly fumbling to end it with some conversation between him and Sherryl.

Of course he has absolutely nothing to offer so he pauses and comes up with a stupid question that no doubt he believes is compelling.

'Sherryl, what are the 5 subjects you find the most interesting?' could have been any number but Noory the master interviewer thinks 5 is the right number.

She stumbles to give him an answer. Followed by awkward silence while Noory rummages through his trunk of stupid questions stored in the vast emptiness of his cranium.

'Sherryl, what's the most scared you've been in your life?'

Another stumbling answer. Noory then switches streams and reminisces how he and Sherryl go way back and how he tried to hire her when he was the wunderkind executive producer of the TV news at a network affiliate in Detroit. He's told this story many times and there's absolutely nothing interesting about it.

oh lol Cornelius got on and begged for money,  told Sherryl his story about being unjustly fired and jailed for something he did as a military security guard a thousand years ago.  Noory finally asked Corny why he doesn't have a job. Corny says he is disabled though didn't say what the disability is -  pretty sure it's Negro Indolence Syndrome but we can no longer use that diagnosis for the melanated and shiftless. Poppa left him a house so Corny doesn't have rent or mortgage but he's 2 years away from any Social Security so he needs some help - of course Noory offered none, got rid of him and then talked about him to Sherryl giving himself a pat on the back 'this show is like family for people like him'

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #3627 on: October 01, 2021, 12:37:07 PM »
I went to bed early last night but I woke briefly somewhere around 4-5AM and heard Noory and his Linda Moulton Howe replacement Sherryl, she had obviously finished whatever uninteresting 'report' 'interview' she prepared and as usual Noory is left awkwardly fumbling to end it with some conversation between him and Sherryl.

Of course he has absolutely nothing to offer so he pauses and comes up with a stupid question that no doubt he believes is compelling.

'Sherryl, what are the 5 subjects you find the most interesting?' could have been any number but Noory the master interviewer thinks 5 is the right number.

She stumbles to give him an answer. Followed by awkward silence while Noory rummages through his trunk of stupid questions stored in the vast emptiness of his cranium.

'Sherryl, what's the most scared you've been in your life?'

Another stumbling answer. Noory then switches streams and reminisces how he and Sherryl go way back and how he tried to hire her when he was the wunderkind executive producer of the TV news at a network affiliate in Detroit. He's told this story many times and there's absolutely nothing interesting about it.

oh lol Cornelius got on and begged for money,  told Sherryl his story about being unjustly fired and jailed for something he did as a military security guard a thousand years ago.  Noory finally asked Corny why he doesn't have a job. Corny says he is disabled though didn't say what the disability is -  pretty sure it's Negro Indolence Syndrome but we can no longer use that diagnosis for the melanated and shiftless. Poppa left him a house so Corny doesn't have rent or mortgage but he's 2 years away from any Social Security so he needs some help - of course Noory offered none, got rid of him and then talked about him to Sherryl giving himself a pat on the back 'this show is like family for people like him'
Ha, ha, ha... who in their right mind could ever dream talk radio would degenerate to this level of boobery.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #3628 on: October 01, 2021, 12:54:09 PM »

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #3629 on: October 01, 2021, 01:14:58 PM »

oh Cornelius also offered prayers for Steve Quayle - Noory ignored him. Quayle is dying of something?

he's entertaining, kill off one of the woo ladies before Quayle please Lord.