Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 847642 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #5970 on: May 21, 2022, 02:04:36 AM »
lol epic night with the Sad Pack

Cornelius with his sugar over 1000 story tonight - he gave credit to Tommy, George, all his Coast friends and a Filipino nurse or nurse's aid girl named Grace for saving his life. No you idiot, the fucking doctors saved your life by bringing your sugar down, George had absolutely zero to do with it. He then said when Tommy was sick he left him lots of voicemails, of course none of them were returned, or he'd have added that.

Then he chastised Walt 'I'm ashamed and appalled by these people who try to sneak in.......' Ian took the opportunity to cut Cornelius off and wished him good health.
Heh, heh, heh... you can really taste Punnett’s distaste for the idiocy of Snorge’s Sad Pack.  I can just see Tommee rolling his eyes and rapidly ignoring all the voicemails from Corny. ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #5971 on: May 21, 2022, 02:06:18 AM »

they're all too stupid to understand that Ian doesn't want them calling in with their regular bullshit Noory only enables because he's a lazy fucker and the regulars eat up a lot of air time.

Mike the Millennial at least got it, he hasn't called in during a Punnett show since Ian scolded him and told him to grow a pair and go do his own podcast rather than hijacking Coast to do his own little show.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5972 on: May 21, 2022, 02:09:47 AM »
they're all too stupid to understand that Ian doesn't want them calling in with their regular bullshit Noory only enables because he's a lazy fucker and the regulars eat up a lot of air time.

Mike the Millennial at least got it, he hasn't called in during a Punnett show since Ian scolded him and told him to grow a pair and go do his own podcast rather than hijacking Coast to do his own little show.
Ha!  Good point.  The MTM beat down by Punnett was amusing.  MTM apparently got the message. ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5973 on: May 21, 2022, 03:44:07 AM »

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #5974 on: May 21, 2022, 04:55:54 AM »
iHeart now seems to be concentrating on podcasts.  And why not?  The podcaster has the expense of production and talent and iHeart gets to sell the advertising.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5975 on: May 21, 2022, 06:22:22 AM »
iHeart now seems to be concentrating on podcasts.  And why not?  The podcaster has the expense of production and talent and iHeart gets to sell the advertising.
Juan, I believe you have experience in the radio business.  Any ideas why PremRad seems locked into a below mediocre host like Noory when they could pursue a talented host?  Granted, it would no doubt cost them more to get someone actually good, but I’d think the increased revenue from having more listeners and being able to charge advertisers more would more than make up for it, as with Rush and Art.

I know we’ve all kicked this around over the years but it’s almost as if PremRat is an incompetent government bureaucracy that could give a crap less.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5976 on: May 21, 2022, 07:44:52 AM »
... Mike the Millennial at least got it, he hasn't called in during a Punnett show since Ian scolded him and told him to grow a pair and go do his own podcast rather than hijacking Coast to do his own little show.

Oh, the irony. 

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #5977 on: May 21, 2022, 08:38:48 AM »
Tommy sounds so much more lively when Ian is hosting and brings him on to shoot the shit for a few minutes. Poor Tommy is a hostage captive in Norry's creepy bizarro world of his parents' generation that he lives in. Noory's Coast smells like mothballs and the office furniture covered in plastic while Perry Como and Frank Sinatra provide the music. I bet there's a candy dish filled with cellophane wrapped peppermint and lemon hard candies.

Ian discussed AC/DC with Tommy who seemed to have some familiarity with the band and its history. Now if Noory had this guest on he'd be totally lost as usual 'Did AC/DC know Elvis?' 'Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top is a friend of the show did AC/DC ever play with ZZ Top?' 'What did AC/DC think about Pat Boone?'

'

I envision Norry's office as a more refined Polynesian Tiki decor.  He has his supplements stacked on his Tike console and a small container for ice.  It is adorned with a Tiki statute of the Sad Pack, and a wet bar for his between commercials slosh.  You know he has a fascination with the islands.  On the center wall is a picture of his mother sandwiched between one of his Producer, and of course Jon Benet' Ramsey's family in past years.  There is a forest of tropical plants that Norry hides in for amusement.

Sometimes you can hearing him clicking on different pages of Wayfair during the shoe for new decor additions to his office in the Isles. He is becoming quite the decorator. 

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5978 on: May 21, 2022, 08:42:52 AM »
Oh, the irony.
;D  What are the odds pudge boy Punnett was the class punching bag in his much younger school days. ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5979 on: May 21, 2022, 08:47:20 AM »
I envision Norry's office as a more refined Polynesian Tiki decor.  He has his supplements stacked on his Tike console and a small container for ice.  It is adorned with a Tiki statute of the Sad Pack, and a wet bar for his between commercials slosh.  You know he has a fascination with the islands.  On the center wall is a picture of his mother sandwiched between one of his Producer, and of course Jon Benet' Ramsey's family in past years.  There is a forest of tropical plants that Norry hides in for amusement.

Sometimes you can hearing him clicking on different pages of Wayfair during the shoe for new decor additions to his office in the Isles. He is becoming quite the decorator.
I wonder if he’s put his Hoagster pic back on the wall.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #5980 on: May 21, 2022, 08:51:32 AM »

I envision this being front and center…. (No, @Sofia this isn’t George in his youth, George was born with his mustache)

You know the Snorge was a naval officer in the reserves… right up until the point he would have been called up for active duty in the first gulf war. I’m sure he imagines himself crooning like Sinatra while dancing like Kelly.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5981 on: May 21, 2022, 09:00:40 AM »

Oh, this is good.  LOL!  I can see it.  ;D

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5982 on: May 21, 2022, 09:06:57 AM »
I envision this being front and center…. (No, @Sofia this isn’t George in his youth, George was born with his mustache)

You know the Snorge was a naval officer in the reserves… right up until the point he would have been called up for active duty in the first gulf war. I’m sure he imagines himself crooning like Sinatra while dancing like Kelly.
... “(No, @Sofia this isn’t George in his youth, George was born with his mustache)”  ;D 

Frank sang such misogynistic songs!  “Ain't She Sweet, “All I Need is the Girl,” “ As You Desire Me,” “A Baby Just Like You,” ... his walking on women never ends!  He was a revolting, despicable, male chauvinist pig!  >:(   ;) ;) ;)

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #5983 on: May 21, 2022, 11:05:49 AM »
Juan, I believe you have experience in the radio business.  Any ideas why PremRad seems locked into a below mediocre host like Noory when they could pursue a talented host?  Granted, it would no doubt cost them more to get someone actually good, but I’d think the increased revenue from having more listeners and being able to charge advertisers more would more than make up for it, as with Rush and Art.

I know we’ve all kicked this around over the years but it’s almost as if PremRat is an incompetent government bureaucracy that could give a crap less.

I think they could easily get someone more competent than George for a substantially lower salary.  The key is to find a local radio or podcast talent who's good enough now to take over and grow into a nationally syndicated program.  Local radio hosts average less than $50K/year, and I doubt most podcasters make that much.  You could pay a replacement a third of what George makes (reportedly $1M/year) to start out and it would be more money than he/she has ever seen.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5984 on: May 21, 2022, 11:15:16 AM »
I think they could easily get someone more competent than George for a substantially lower salary.  The key is to find a local radio or podcast talent who's good enough now to take over and grow into a nationally syndicated program.  Local radio hosts average less than $50K/year, and I doubt most podcasters make that much.  You could pay a replacement a third of what George makes (reportedly $1M/year) to start out and it would be more money than he/she has ever seen.
Like finding a young Art.  The only problem is it would require someone with hiring authority at PremRad to have the talent to recognize someone with great potential and be willing to do it. I wonder if that exists within PremRad, especially looking at their replacements for Rush. The place seems to be run by a pack of bean counter drones and empty suits going through the motions, looking at their past selections, from Noory to the mediocre seat warmers they have plodding along in Limbaugh’s old slot.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎