Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838561 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #6450 on: July 02, 2022, 03:14:47 AM »
Another drinking song right away.  "On a barstool"  "Cold brew".  Not my thing.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6451 on: July 02, 2022, 03:18:16 AM »
I was going to jump on Noory for something he just said but I've learned not to talk before checking I know what I'm talking about.

So nerdy Mike the Millennial called to tell George about how exciting it was in Denver this week with the Colorado Avalanche winning the Stanley Cup. George told him a hockey story, a story George humbly announced was a 'great story'. The story is Tommy is a big hockey fan, one evening George was at one of his favorite St. Louis bistros, Cafe Napoli, enjoying 'a few appetizers' when he noticed hockey legend Wayne Gretzky sitting nearby. George asked Wayne for a favor, Wayne said ok what do you want, George gave him Tommy's number to call, Wayne called Tommy, Tommy asked who was speaking, Wayne said 'Wayne Gretzky' to which Tommy hung up the phone. George then told Mike that Wayne moved to St. Louis and he's going to ask him to come on the show and do a 2 hour interview and ask him questions like 'Were you good at hockey when you were a kid?' Incredible question George. Wayne Gretzky was famous in Canada from 6 years old, he scored hundreds of goals reaching ridiculous numbers nobody before or since has come close to.

So I was going to jump on Noory, Gretzky did play in St. Louis for a very short period of time 25 years ago. He has lived in Southern California since he was traded to the LA Kings over 30 years ago and married actress Janet Jones. I suddenly remembered reading that Gretzky had put up his LA mansion up for sale so before jumping on Noory's claim that Gretzky was living in St. Louis I googled for info and well ..... Gretzky did in fact move to St. Louis recently, his wife is from St. Louis, and she has a 100 year old mother and they wanted to be with her and her family in the Midwest.

Gretzky is famously a nice guy but not even a nice guy is going to waste his time on Noory. The only normal guests Noory has on always have something to sell, Gretzky doesn't need to sell anything.
Tom can be very cynical.  I sent a text praising Snorway for how he handled a caller but Tom must have thought I was sarcastic because I've never been able to text again, am blocked.  Like he perceives frauds or insults where there really aren't any.  I sent a clarification to him that I had been sincere and not sarcastic, but he did not unblock me.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6452 on: July 02, 2022, 03:21:55 AM »
A caller actually complimented Ian and Noory said he is as smart as a button and a genius.
He is not smart when it comes to relating.  He spends a very in appropriate time facilitating his delivery of words rather than just interact.  It's terrible.  It makes him kind of all about himself, because he's so self-conscious. Like, who is he trying to impress?  We are just people, not judges.  The more he rationalizes, clarifies, self-explains, the more he pushes people away who either see him as pompous, self-absorbed or lecturing.  It's just awful.  I can't stand to listen to even a moment of it.  There was a time when he sounded more relaxed, when he had been gone from Coast for a long time for school & had just gotten back.  He sounded great.  But then his old habits returned soon and I just can't listen to it.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6453 on: July 02, 2022, 03:23:16 AM »
Oh no - Noory just revealed he just got a new 5 year contract to host thru 2027 at least. He vows to never retire now.
Awful.  He must be being extorted or blackmailed.  No one volutarily works that long.  If so, he should change his name, give away his weath, change his look and go be free somewhere.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6454 on: July 02, 2022, 04:23:16 AM »

Sometimes I think he's doing an Andy Kaufman and the doofus George Noory character is just that, a character that he brilliantly never breaks from.

So he does a preamble before open lines, comments how everybody is on edge these days so he wants tonight's open phones to be lighter and a respite from all the negative news.

So ........ what does he do next, he gives his new little call in segment  a name 'let's call it SOUND OFF', very original I know and the type of name you give to the talk radio segment where all the old angry people call in. Then to get the audience in a more positive lighter mood he plays the recording of Peter Finch screaming out the window that the world's going to hell 'I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!'

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #6455 on: July 02, 2022, 04:45:40 AM »
You might be onto something.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6456 on: July 02, 2022, 05:59:50 AM »
A caller tonight asked what happened to several of the regular callers.
Noory only said the only one he knows died is Bill the AAA.

Then Cornelius called in and complained about Ian Punnett not letting the regulars call in when he hosts. But Noory told him he lets the othet hosts do their own thing

Noory also told how when he first took over the show Art Bell told him to not use his bumper music and to use your own!
Noory said he got complaints so he kept using Art's music anyway.
One can only listen to so much Frank Sinatra and Pat Boone.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #6457 on: July 02, 2022, 06:38:00 AM »
Is it just me, or is Noory signing long-term contracts every other year?

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #6458 on: July 02, 2022, 07:15:37 AM »
Mark your calendar.  Wednesday Jorch will be hosting the legendary crooner Smokey Robinson in studio.  Does Smokey know Pat Boone, Billy Gibbons, or that George lived in Motown?  Find the answers to these and other insightful questions. 

Of course, an unexpected trip to Boston may necessitate a replacement guest

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6459 on: July 02, 2022, 07:45:27 AM »
A caller tonight asked what happened to several of the regular callers.
Noory only said the only one he knows died is Bill the AAA.

Then Cornelius called in and complained about Ian Punnett not letting the regulars call in when he hosts. But Noory told him he lets the othet hosts do their own thing

Noory also told how when he first took over the show Art Bell told him to not use his bumper music and to use your own!
Noory said he got complaints so he kept using Art's music anyway.

I heard that segment.  Of course Cornelius complained.  I'm surprised that he didn't mention Syrett.  I recall a show where he said that he wants to hear some new voices.  So, none of the Sad Pack were able call in that night.  They probably suffered emotional damage.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6460 on: July 02, 2022, 07:58:01 AM »
Mark your calendar.  Wednesday Jorch will be hosting the legendary crooner Smokey Robinson in studio.  Does Smokey know Pat Boone, Billy Gibbons, or that George lived in Motown?  Find the answers to these and other insightful questions. 

Of course, an unexpected trip to Boston may necessitate a replacement guest
Heh, heh, heh. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“How did yeeewww get the name “Smokey?”  Do you smell like BBQ?”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6461 on: July 02, 2022, 08:03:51 AM »
Oh no - Noory just revealed he just got a new 5 year contract to host thru 2027 at least. He vows to never retire now.

That proves that Norry lies.  He was going to retire in 2012 and then go part-time, three days a week.  Norry, keep your promise.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6462 on: July 02, 2022, 08:05:08 AM »
“How did yeeewww get the name “Smokey?”  Do you smell like BBQ?”

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6463 on: July 02, 2022, 08:07:02 AM »
Awful.  He must be being extorted or blackmailed.  No one volutarily works that long.  If so, he should change his name, give away his weath, change his look and go be free somewhere.

He should volunteer for the witness protection program and be gone!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #6464 on: July 02, 2022, 08:10:55 AM »
I’ve thought about developing a character and becoming a Sad Pack member.  But that would mean I have to listen regularly.
Merry Christmas