Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 19481 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Wayne Clark
Re: Dreams
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2021, 05:54:43 PM »
I had a dream in which I found myself working in a plum factory.  We were taking fresh plums and smashing them up to obtain plum juice.  My job was to reach an arm down a square wooden tank that rose off the floor two or three feet.  It was full of warm water.  I was supposed to swirl my arm around in it to circulate the water.  Not sure what this had to do with plums but it was my job, so I did it.  (Interestingly, I had dream foreknowledge that the tank went straight down for miles and miles.)  After I was done stirring, I dried my arm off with a towel and picked up a cup of coffee.  I took some sips and it was very good tasting coffee.  I leaned my head back to drink the rest of it and a plum rolled out from the bottom of the cup and banged against my mouth.  It caused me to spill the last of the coffee all over my face.  I dried my face and walked over to a group of workers who were standing around, talking with one another.  "All right, which one of you put a plum in my cup of coffee?" I asked.  Nobody answered so I said, "One person put a plum in my coffee, so since none of you will admit to it, sooner or later you will all find a plum in your coffees.  You have all been warned."  I walked back to my work station feeling pleased with myself, as if I had told them all off or something.   

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2021, 06:21:07 PM »
I had a dream in which I found myself working in a plum factory.  We were taking fresh plums and smashing them up to obtain plum juice.  My job was to reach an arm down a square wooden tank that rose off the floor two or three feet.  It was full of warm water.  I was supposed to swirl my arm around in it to circulate the water.  Not sure what this had to do with plums but it was my job, so I did it.  (Interestingly, I had dream foreknowledge that the tank went straight down for miles and miles.)  After I was done stirring, I dried my arm off with a towel and picked up a cup of coffee.  I took some sips and it was very good tasting coffee.  I leaned my head back to drink the rest of it and a plum rolled out from the bottom of the cup and banged against my mouth.  It caused me to spill the last of the coffee all over my face.  I dried my face and walked over to a group of workers who were standing around, talking with one another.  "All right, which one of you put a plum in my cup of coffee?" I asked.  Nobody answered so I said, "One person put a plum in my coffee, so since none of you will admit to it, sooner or later you will all find a plum in your coffees.  You have all been warned."  I walked back to my work station feeling pleased with myself, as if I had told them all off or something.
A bunch of Practical Jokers at the plum factory. Good for you for giving  those clowns a warning.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2021, 04:04:46 PM »
Reads as if your dream interpreted "a plum job" literally.  In metaphor, a plum is a good thing.  Your reaching into a bottomless well suggests limitless possibilities.  Maybe your dream was saying you were getting something good, and that though it was hitting you in the face, you took it wrongly as a bad thing.  The face full of hot coffee may indicate some unfortunate but probably minor and temporary inconvenience that accompanied the "plum", but the people around you (who really represent you, telling this to yourself via dream) don't understand how you're taking your "plum" as a bad thing.  When life hands you plums....

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2021, 12:12:29 PM »
Reads as if your dream interpreted "a plum job" literally.  In metaphor, a plum is a good thing.  Your reaching into a bottomless well suggests limitless possibilities.  Maybe your dream was saying you were getting something good, and that though it was hitting you in the face, you took it wrongly as a bad thing.  The face full of hot coffee may indicate some unfortunate but probably minor and temporary inconvenience that accompanied the "plum", but the people around you (who really represent you, telling this to yourself via dream) don't understand how you're taking your "plum" as a bad thing.  When life hands you plums....

Kind of glad I didn't dream about prunes.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »
I had the odd dream where I was part of some citizens committee and we got a report that a grade school teacher was filling the heads of her students with information that wasn't part of the school's curriculum.  We were all filled with a wild zeal to confront the teacher and we raced over to the school, stepped inside and ran up a flight of stairs.  Oddly, the teacher and her students were crammed in the hallway...desks, chairs, tables, everything.  One of our party hurled an accusation at the teacher and she stood up from her desk.  She was remarkably beautiful.  Somewhat slim with interesting red hair that was closely cut, kind of like what Mia Farrow had in the movie Rosemary's Baby.  She approached our group and sang a song.  We were bewitched, bedazzled and bewildered by it.  It had a lovely melody and the subject was about the passage of time.  When she finished, she walked down the stairs, pausing briefly as if she had forgotten something.  I tried to call out to her and say that we were wrong about her teaching style, and that I loved her, but my voice wouldn't work and she continued to walk on down the stairs.     

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2021, 08:18:30 PM »
I had the odd dream where I was part of some citizens committee and we got a report that a grade school teacher was filling the heads of her students with information that wasn't part of the school's curriculum.  We were all filled with a wild zeal to confront the teacher and we raced over to the school, stepped inside and ran up a flight of stairs.  Oddly, the teacher and her students were crammed in the hallway...desks, chairs, tables, everything.  One of our party hurled an accusation at the teacher and she stood up from her desk.  She was remarkably beautiful.  Somewhat slim with interesting red hair that was closely cut, kind of like what Mia Farrow had in the movie Rosemary's Baby.  She approached our group and sang a song.  We were bewitched, bedazzled and bewildered by it.  It had a lovely melody and the subject was about the passage of time.  When she finished, she walked down the stairs, pausing briefly as if she had forgotten something.  I tried to call out to her and say that we were wrong about her teaching style, and that I loved her, but my voice wouldn't work and she continued to walk on down the stairs.
"Hey, what kind of horseshit you teaching in this lousy excuse for a s...well, hellloooo!"

<--Wolfie here would have his tongue hanging out.  This is just like those cartoons he's been in.

Darn, I left that avatar at Bellgab!  Wolfie's not here, that's the real me.  Maybe I should rescue Wolfie from there.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2021, 06:24:01 AM »
Any of the rest of you ever "compose" original music for your dreams?  I do occasionally.  Last night at the end, there was a number playing (like background in a movie or play) whose 2-bar theme I remember.  It sounded like the stereotypic way a movie might indicate, "We're now in China."  But the dream scene had no reason to be set anywhere in the Far East except for the fact that the scene immediately preceding it had been about firework making; it was somewhere in upstate New York.  Searching now reveals a China, NY, east of Binghamton and north of the former village of Cannonsville, which was submerged by a reservoir for New York City.  Not bad "hits" for a dream, huh?

In the dream, I'd made a last minute decision to go to this fireworks convention.  Someone was giving tips on making whistle cases, saying not to sacrifice wall thickness, and demonstrating that a commercial whistle firework was overwhelmingly paper wall -- and that that was a good thing.  Then I realized I'd made a rash decision being there with no motel room and having to drive home late at night.  Instead, someone found me lodging in the motel's office, where I helped a little girl clean out her things, as she'd been staying there.  I found some stuff in a drawer and asked the girl if it was hers, and she said she couldn't remember.  That's when the "Chinese" music was playing.

I'm going to have to find a free online version of that program that recognizes music, hum into it, and see if my dream composition was really original.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2021, 09:09:19 PM »
Apparently my dreams come complete with commercial product placements.

Last night I dreamed an episode of The Adventures of Superman, set in the era that TV series aired in.  I don't remember anything of the plot but that somebody wound up getting dirty and needed to clean up, and that Superman (not as Clark Kent, because few would want an endorsement from him) told him, almost completely gratuitously, "I can set you up with a cake of Lifebuoy soap.  It makes you feel slippery, not sneezy."  Apparently around that time they'd improved the smell of it so it no longer made people sneeze.

Presumably most of my dreams are commercially sponsored, but I've simply been tuning out the plugs.  This time, that's the only part I remembered!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2021, 09:20:31 PM »
I like to dream about women and when I do, they usually have blonde hair.  But in this last dream I was holding a picture frame in my  hands, and in that frame was a photo portrait of a woman with very dark hair.  She was quite lovely and right off the bat, I fell in love with her.  But there was more to it than that.  I could actually feel the picture frame vibrating, like the silent ring on a smart phone.  I held the picture up to my face and I was certain that it would come alive and that I could talk to her through the glass frame.  But it took too much concentration.  Just when I began to perceive some slight movement in the photo, everything went black and I cursed my bad luck, shortly before waking up. 

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2021, 12:10:25 PM »
I like to dream about women
If you ever have any of them in excess, could you please send some over to my dreams?  I'll do the same for yours.  I don't get them often, but occasionally they'll appear in a bunch.

You'll have to give me directions to yours, but getting to my dreams should be fairly easy.  Just get lost, and then look for a fat guy who's as confused as you.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2021, 02:40:00 PM »
If you ever have any of them in excess, could you please send some over to my dreams?  I'll do the same for yours.  I don't get them often, but occasionally they'll appear in a bunch.

You'll have to give me directions to yours, but getting to my dreams should be fairly easy.  Just get lost, and then look for a fat guy who's as confused as you.

Dreams are funny.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2021, 09:52:34 AM »
I had an unpleasantly sexy dream last night.  I dreamed that a couple of black men came on to me.  The first was somebody I know in waking life but haven't talked to in a few years, hope he's OK.  In waking life he once told me about his own having to smack off a gay guy.  Anyway, in this dream I had to get away from him.  But then later someone who dream-identified as a black man tried to kiss me.  I wrote "dream-identified", because sometimes I get that awareness in a dream that someone or something is such-and-such even though their description doesn't fit.  In this case he looked like some, I don't know, space pig man, or pig space man.  His body was human, but his head was dominated by a huge nose whose nostrils pointed straight out at me.  Like an elephant's trunk but not so flexible.  Anyway, I think he used that proboscis to kiss my face before I told him to get out of there.

This was all set as part of a depressing scene that had something to do with WFMU programming.  The station in the dream had gotten into video streaming, but half the channels were unfamiliar to me and their contents were boring and unwelcome.  I remember one program was a parody of Christmas programming, in which it was instead Easter and some cotton fluff was falling instead of snow.  The whole dream gave me an impression of my not belonging there and being glum because of that.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2021, 10:20:59 AM »
If you ever have any of them [women] in excess, could you please send some over to my dreams?
But could you make sure they're of age?  Last night I dreamed about a little girl, like maybe 9YO, who was apparently deaf and mute, standing, who did a gesture in sign language consisting of bringing an index finger up in a bit of an arc to her lips, which I interpreted as, "I'm thirsty."  Not knowing what she wanted to drink or even what I might be able to get quickly, I mouthed back to her, "Water?"  She shook her head "yes".  She grinned mildly throughout.  I got her a cup of water.

She seemed familiar, not from waking life but from previous dreams.  I knew I was dreaming, and thought I knew her as a recurring character from dreams.  On awakening, I no longer thought that was true, but just one of these dream-familiarity things.  But I could be wrong; maybe I've just forgotten that she was in previous dreams of mine.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2022, 11:09:05 PM »
I dreamt that I walked into a house with absolutely no furniture and the walls were empty of any pictures, etc.  The walls were a faded gold in color and the sun was shining brightly upon them.  There was a ghost in there however, and I was sent into the house to make contact with it.  I had a strong feeling that it was in an adjoining room, so I hailed it.  GHOST! GHOST! GHOST! I yelled three times.  Only in the dream, my voice was a hoarse whisper.  "ghost.  ghost.  ghost."  I never did see the ghost because I got too distracted with the state of my voice, and then I woke up. 

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2022, 01:03:15 PM »
I dreamt that I was riding a bike through a violent thunder storm.  There was lightning, thunder and sheets of falling rain.  I was soaked to the gills.  I pulled into the back of a department store and made my way through a stock storage area and onto some stairs.  Every once in awhile, I'd come to a floor full of lets say, furniture and I'd go around looking at the stuff.  Nobody, shoppers and management alike, seemed to mind about a sopping wet guy walking his bicycle through the store.  I entered an office and there I was finally noticed.  A manager type man took an interest in me and a sales lady associate examined the base of my neck.  She announced that I had taken a blow to the back there, that I was probably hit by a falling branch or something and that I'd be suffering from memory loss.

The funny thing about this dream though, was that there was music playing in the background.  Not department store music, mind you, but more like soundtrack music in a movie.  It was a repeating piano tune and I still remember it as I type.

It went like this:

Da dink, da dee dink dink dink (followed by)
Da da dink a dink a dink dink dink. (and repeat)
Da dink, da dee dink dink dink, 
Da da dink a dink a dink dink dink.

(Then the next part was just the same, only played at a higher octave, I believe it's called.)

Da dink, da dee dink dink dink (followed by)
Da da dink a dink a dink dink dink. (and repeat)
Da dink, da dee dink dink dink, 
Da da dink a dink a dink dink dink. (Underlined notes were played slightly louder.)

There was also a backing rhythm of two beats playing in the background.

Ooomp Ooomp?  Ooomp Ooomp? Kind of like that.

There, I'm glad I wrote this out.  I'm sure as the day progresses, I would have forgotten that tune.