Author Topic: Dear Ellgab  (Read 9078 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Dear Ellgab
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 08:58:41 AM »
Go for it! Unless the band has gotten really bad (not likely), once the old hits start playing you will be glad you went. I have been going to Moody Blues concerts for many years and even though the band is older and one band member passed away recently, they are still great. There is nothing like hearing the hits in person.

I saw Grand Funk Railroad for a second time in Denver about 7 years ago. I don’t remember that one any hetter than the first time.
Are we having fun yet?

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 09:03:33 AM »

I saw Grand Funk Railroad for a second time in Denver about 7 years ago. I don’t remember that one any hetter than the first time.
Another oldie but goodie. I may even have some of the old albums on vinyl (maybe even a vinyl 45 or two)  :)

Gonoory

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 09:04:04 AM »
You boomers listen to real garbage

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 09:10:20 AM »
Another oldie but goodie. I may even have some of the old albums on vinyl (maybe even a vinyl 45 or two)  :)

That was my first cassette tape. My first album given to me was Bob Dylan. The first one I bought was Abbey Road.
Are we having fun yet?

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 09:58:37 AM »
The Who did a concert at the Cow Palace in SF in 1973. Keith Moon passed out twice while drumming (from horse tranquilizers I think). After the first time Pete Townsend said "without Keith we're not a band" and they walked off stage. They came back and when Keith passed out again Pete said "does anybody know how to play drums?". A guy named Scot Halpin found his way on stage and played with them. It was a busted concert but memorable.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »

Hey Bart

What do you call a cow with no legs?

Ground Beef!

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 11:50:02 AM »
You boomers listen to real garbage

Just for that you get:

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 03:00:26 PM »
Only take the soup if it is the daily special.
If it is the same soup they have every day avoid it, they just pour unfinished soup back into the pot.

good unwanted advice

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2018, 05:58:30 PM »
good unwanted advice
If it's the soup at one of the all-you-can-eat Corrals I visited, they didn't replace the soup when the washrag fell in  :o .

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 07:52:10 PM »
Dear Ellgab,

It won't be long and Mrs. Walks_At_Night and I will have our 25th wedding anniversary.   I've got most of the stuff figured
out but I'm stuck on a color for the roses.   Red, White, Pink or Yellow?   What say you Ellbag?   This Rose Color Meaning Page did not help me.

Thanks in advance,

WAN

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 07:57:12 PM »
Dear Ellgab,

It won't be long and Mrs. Walks_At_Night and I will have our 25th wedding anniversary.   I've got most of the stuff figured
out but I'm stuck on a color for the roses.   Red, White, Pink or Yellow?   What say you Ellbag?   This Rose Color Meaning Page did not help me.

Thanks in advance,

WAN

I would go for a medium red hybrid tea rose.
If you could find something bred from a 2015 Jalbert you will be more than satisfied.

GrumpyOldMan

• KMST
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 08:01:03 PM »
Are roses her favorite flower?  If not, you might win a few brownie points by going with a flower that she likes more.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2018, 08:01:20 PM »
I would go for a medium red hybrid tea rose.
If you could find something bred from a 2015 Jalbert you will be more than satisfied.

Currently I have no idea what any of that means but I'll read up!   You came thru with solid advice on the B-52's concert. 
It was an outdoor concert and it was about 96 degrees that day and then it rained.  Would have been like a sauna.   

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2018, 08:02:22 PM »
Are roses her favorite flower?  If not, you might win a few brownie points by going with a flower that she likes more.

Heya Grumps.   She doesn't really have a favorite.  She likes 'em all.  Even dandelions!

GrumpyOldMan

• KMST
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 08:03:57 PM »
Heya Grumps.   She doesn't really have a favorite.  She likes 'em all.  Even dandelions!

Then you have hit the jackpot good sir!  There is no wrong answer.  You can't lose.