Author Topic: WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS  (Read 84466 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2018, 05:07:01 AM »

If you had people sticking wires on you and watching you through a closed circuit tv camera while you tried to soeep would you spend what could be your last minutes on earth alive welcoming Anonymous newcomers to an internet forum?
You're up!  I'd just be grateful the wires weren't stuck into me.   And, I'd pray the camera people looked like pansies too  :).  I've heard they sometimes have to come in and adjust the wires if they get loose.  I was supposed to have a sleep study and the guys did look like pansies, but I opted out so far.  I just think there should be more security, like female guards and/or patients receive their complete audio video footage afterward with a certification of no tampering or something.  And more female technicians.  I would put my phone on record the whole time just to be on the safe side.  They said you can get up to pee though. 

I would want to do it at a normal hospital.  The place I was referred to was a small clinic in a building of small clinics on a hospital campus.  So, if there was an ethics problem during sleep, who would I call?  Hospital security was kind of joke from what I saw.  The cops wouldn't know which building or room number.  So, a regular hospital with plenty of staff on the floor would have felt a lot less isolated to me.

And, they expected everyone to go to bed at 9PM and be up by 5AM.  How many people get up at 5AM?  Is it even light out?  Spend the night with strangers then be kicked out into the dark?  No coffee stand in sight.  I can't imagine running sleep studies without offering morning coffee.  And decaf.  Remind me to bring one of those Vietnamese canned coffee things with me.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2018, 09:50:21 AM »
You're up!  I'd just be grateful the wires weren't stuck into me.   And, I'd pray the camera people looked like pansies too  :).  I've heard they sometimes have to come in and adjust the wires if they get loose.  I was supposed to have a sleep study and the guys did look like pansies, but I opted out so far.  I just think there should be more security, like female guards and/or patients receive their complete audio video footage afterward with a certification of no tampering or something.  And more female technicians.  I would put my phone on record the whole time just to be on the safe side.  They said you can get up to pee though. 

I would want to do it at a normal hospital.  The place I was referred to was a small clinic in a building of small clinics on a hospital campus.  So, if there was an ethics problem during sleep, who would I call?  Hospital security was kind of joke from what I saw.  The cops wouldn't know which building or room number.  So, a regular hospital with plenty of staff on the floor would have felt a lot less isolated to me.

And, they expected everyone to go to bed at 9PM and be up by 5AM.  How many people get up at 5AM?  Is it even light out?  Spend the night with strangers then be kicked out into the dark?  No coffee stand in sight.  I can't imagine running sleep studies without offering morning coffee.  And decaf.  Remind me to bring one of those Vietnamese canned coffee things with me.

I had a sleep study done about 2 months ago. I didn't have to go anywhere. They sent me a kit that consisted of a monitor I strapped to my chest, a breathing tube type thing that went over my ears and into my nostrils slightly and a oxygen sensor that went on my finger. Did that for 2 nights. Boxed back up and returned it to the sleep study place for evaluation.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2018, 11:52:50 AM »
I had a sleep study done about 2 months ago. I didn't have to go anywhere. They sent me a kit that consisted of a monitor I strapped to my chest, a breathing tube type thing that went over my ears and into my nostrils slightly and a oxygen sensor that went on my finger. Did that for 2 nights. Boxed back up and returned it to the sleep study place for evaluation.
That was mentioned when I went in.  In my case, it would have had to have been insurance justified.  I probably could have got it, and thank you for the reminder.  I think I'll VCA record my sleep again, but I feel I'm sleeping fine lately.

Adam Baum

• KNYE
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2018, 12:59:38 PM »
I'd been a Bellgabber since 2013 under a different screen name (Father Jack). New forum, new name, same cantankerous old fart.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

VENUS FIREBALL XL5

• KDWN
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2018, 01:04:38 PM »
I'd been a Bellgabber since 2013 under a different screen name (Father Jack). New forum, new name, same cantankerous old fart.
welcome back Mr. Baum
Spaced out Biatch

Adam Baum

• KNYE
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2018, 01:11:10 PM »
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

Inglorious Bitch

• Official EllGab Greeter
  • KNYE
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2018, 01:18:46 PM »

Good to see you again!

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
  • Run Airyn... Run and don't look back...
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2018, 01:21:10 PM »
...like female guards and ... more female technicians...
I hear Lasha and some of her girlfriends are looking for jobs in the security industry.  :)

Boxed back up and returned it to the sleep study place for evaluation.
Do you, by chance, happen to know if it was a male or female technician who reviewed the data?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2018, 04:42:27 PM »
I hear Lasha and some of her girlfriends are looking for jobs in the security industry.  :)
Do you, by chance, happen to know if it was a male or female technician who reviewed the data?
Lol, did your wires need adjusting...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2018, 04:47:44 PM »
welcome back Mr. Baum
Glad you found us!

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2018, 07:13:47 PM »

Hi Mr. Natural!!! I'm glad you made it! I was looking for you under your Bellgab identity.

PChirp

• KMST
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »
Hey Chirps, good to see you straggled on in.   ;)

This, of course, leaves the burning question, "Where's your partner in crime, Morocco Mole?"  Perhaps the evil MV would know his whereabouts?  Love the Fez!  Jeez, this really dates me.   ;D ;D :o

zeebo

• KDWN
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2018, 11:11:43 PM »
This, of course, leaves the burning question, "Where's your partner in crime, Morocco Mole?"  Perhaps the evil MV would know his whereabouts?  Love the Fez!  Jeez, this really dates me.   ;D ;D :o

I'd love it if a Morocco Mole signed up.  But by definition he'd be obligated to act as my official sidekick.  Mostly that would involve laughing at any bad puns I might make.

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2018, 02:33:50 PM »
I leave on a fishing trip and all hell breaks loose.

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2018, 02:40:54 PM »
I leave on a fishing trip and all hell breaks loose.

Right!?!

I take a break away from the Gab for a couple weeks and it disappears.

It's probably for the best, it was becoming exceptionally toxic.