Author Topic: You Pick The Decade(s)  (Read 25405 times)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: You Pick The Decade(s)
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2019, 04:36:38 AM »
As decades go, I'm not picking this one because:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

@albrecht notes A picture is worth a thousand words. If you look at the express of beer gut man, I have that same expression as I learn "the news" each day.  I see the problems. I don't see the solutions. As my country is taken over by those who wear high toe shoes, I don't know how to stop these people from taking over our world. True horror for me is our media, our politicians (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez), business giants and loss of critical thinking. I listen to Mark Levin almost every night. I am so frustrated hearing about the problems. What are the solutions? For me it is easier to comment on entertainment over the years, than to address the current events in 2019.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2019, 04:52:28 AM »
That was the decade when drama and suspense were stressed more than blood and gore. It also was the time when there were many "devil movies", some of which featured creepy cults that threatened new people in small towns. That seemed to be the plot of more than a few TV movies that featured a roster of where-are-they-now actors. Well, we know where some of them are, thanks to Father Time.
drama and suspense were stressed more than blood and gore. During the 60's, I was aging from my childhood into my teens. My parents would not allow me to go see a horror movie at the movie theater. I had to watch The Haunting (1963), The Innocents (1961), The Birds (1963), Psycho (1960) and Rosemary's Baby (1968) years later.
To this day, The Haunting (1963), The Exorcist (1973) and The Shining(1983) are my top 3 horror movies.

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2019, 07:35:13 AM »
drama and suspense were stressed more than blood and gore. During the 60's, I was aging from my childhood into my teens. My parents would not allow me to go see a horror movie at the movie theater. I had to watch The Haunting (1963), The Innocents (1961), The Birds (1963), Psycho (1960) and Rosemary's Baby (1968) years later.
To this day, The Haunting (1963), The Exorcist (1973) and The Shining(1983) are my top 3 horror movies.

I saw the exorcist on the big screen when it was first released.  It made an impression on me that lingered for days and I'm fearless.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2019, 09:56:48 AM »
I saw the exorcist on the big screen when it was first released.  It made an impression on me that lingered for days and I'm fearless.
Same here, sacred the living daylights out of my girlfriend at the time and made me happy the theater left the footlights up a bit so folks could bail for the lobby at key scenes, and they did.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2019, 10:19:57 AM »
That was the decade when drama and suspense were stressed more than blood and gore. It also was the time when there were many "devil movies", some of which featured creepy cults that threatened new people in small towns. That seemed to be the plot of more than a few TV movies that featured a roster of where-are-they-now actors. Well, we know where some of them are, thanks to Father Time.

Hesitate to promote Alphabet but lots of Made-For-TV movies are available on said youtube platform. One of the few benefits of our global overlord.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2019, 10:28:41 AM »
@albrecht notes A picture is worth a thousand words. If you look at the express of beer gut man, I have that same expression as I learn "the news" each day.  I see the problems. I don't see the solutions. As my country is taken over by those who wear high toe shoes, I don't know how to stop these people from taking over our world. True horror for me is our media, our politicians (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez), business giants and loss of critical thinking. I listen to Mark Levin almost every night. I am so frustrated hearing about the problems. What are the solutions? For me it is easier to comment on entertainment over the years, than to address the current events in 2019.

IDK. Hunker down and await/witness the collapse?  But who knows? Maybe out of chaos; order? Haha.  ;)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2019, 10:29:48 AM »
Hesitate to promote Alphabet but lots of Made-For-TV movies are available on said youtube platform. One of the few benefits of our global overlord.
Youtube has even produced an actual semi-pro quarterback:

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »

Saw The Grudge in an empty theatre when it came out. Did the same thing to me. It’s been 15 years and I still wake up from dreams I’m in that movie and I can’t sleep. Just happened last week. Watch it every few years and it still scares the crap out of me.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »

Excellent list. The Innocents (1961) The Changeling (1980) The Uninvited (1944) are also good. For some reason, though upon rewatching recently not as much, "Let's Scare Jessica To Death" (1971) and "The Sentinel" (1977) always creeped me out.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2019, 11:34:48 AM »
Saw The Grudge in an empty theatre when it came out. Did the same thing to me. It’s been 15 years and I still wake up from dreams I’m in that movie and I can’t sleep. Just happened last week. Watch it every few years and it still scares the crap out of me.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2019, 12:12:34 PM »
Excellent list. The Innocents (1961) The Changeling (1980) The Uninvited (1944) are also good. For some reason, though upon rewatching recently not as much, "Let's Scare Jessica To Death" (1971) and "The Sentinel" (1977) always creeped me out.
I have yet to see Let's Scare Jessica To Death :-[ Saw The Changeling in the theatres when I was a kid and gadzooks! it scared the fkn shit outta' me. We must have snuck in because there's no way they would have let two snotnose little shits like me and my best friend in at our ages.

..those attic stairs leading up to the poor crippled sons room.. yeeks :o

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2019, 12:54:21 PM »
I have yet to see Let's Scare Jessica To Death :-[ Saw The Changeling in the theatres when I was a kid and gadzooks! it scared the fkn shit outta' me. We must have snuck in because there's no way they would have let two snotnose little shits like me and my best friend in at our ages.

..those attic stairs leading up to the poor crippled sons room.. yeeks :o

Attics leading to crippled people in diapers always a scary combo.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2019, 02:21:12 PM »
IDK. Hunker down and await/witness the collapse?  But who knows? Maybe out of chaos; order? Haha.  ;)
I hope that we are not witnessing the collapse. I live in a big city that is ruled by one party. Only 9 percent are registered Republican. Our primary elections is the true election. Only the Democratic candidate will win in the general election in my city of 1.581 million people. I am part of that 9% where I live, where I work.  On the job, I do not have the freedom to talk about politics. I am exaggerating, I have the freedom, however I will suffer great consequences. Bigot/Racist/Homophobe.
The day after Obama won in 2012 I called out sick from work that following day. I was sick.
The day after Trump won in 2017 I called out sick from work that following day. I was jubilate.
For the record, I rarely called out at work.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2019, 02:22:52 PM »
Attics leading to crippled people in diapers always a scary combo.
That is my worst fear. To be crippled wearing a diaper.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2019, 02:45:17 PM »

Asian movies that made me double check if my doors were locked. As if that would keep me safe.
Ringu
Ju-on: The Grudge
A Tale of Two Sisters
Audition
I Saw the Devil
Shikoku
Oldboy
Memories of Murder
Suicide Club
The Wailing