Author Topic: You Pick The Decade(s)  (Read 25583 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: You Pick The Decade(s)
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2019, 02:45:25 PM »
I hope that we are not witnessing the collapse. I live in a big city that is ruled by one party. Only 9 percent are registered Republican. Our primary elections is the true election. Only the Democratic candidate will win in the general election in my city of 1.581 million people. I am part of that 9% where I live, where I work.  On the job, I do not have the freedom to talk about politics. I am exaggerating, I have the freedom, however I will suffer great consequences. Bigot/Racist/Homophobe.
The day after Obama won in 2012 I called out sick from work that following day. I was sick.
The day after Trump won in 2017 I called out sick from work that following day. I was jubilate.
For the record, I rarely called out at work.

Just remember, when it comes down to it- lead is more precious than gold or silver.   ;)  Skousen etc would say get out of the cities but to each their own. I recall some show about how to survive in the city in an apartment even.  The key is NOT to flee when the TSHTF, because already too late and that will be the initial source of chaos, but hunker down. Don't allow light to escape from windows or doors and don't make noises.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2019, 03:08:10 PM »
Just remember, when it comes down to it- lead is more precious than gold or silver.   ;)  Skousen etc would say get out of the cities but to each their own. I recall some show about how to survive in the city in an apartment even.  The key is NOT to flee when the TSHTF, because already too late and that will be the initial source of chaos, but hunker down. Don't allow light to escape from windows or doors and don't make noises.
My better half, has picked up more lead to protect the gold and silver.  Recently, I had to stop watching the news. Everyone is making their fortune as they report the collapse of our country. New reporting on cable stations has become mere entertainment. What channel do you watch, that is up to you. These beautiful well dressed news host will tell you everything that is wrong with the USA.  I want to see some ugly people reporting the news and giving us solutions. I want to see some big noses, bad teeth, bad hair new reporters.
Watching The Fall of the Western Roman Empire on YouTube is more entertaining for me.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »
I may have seen that film...

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2019, 03:21:23 PM »

It's the year 2022... People are still the same. They'll do anything to get what they need. And they need SOYLENT GREEN.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2019, 03:27:58 PM »
That's another great one.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2019, 03:29:06 PM »

Great movie and actor. And so well dressed, even during an apocalypse!

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »
drama and suspense were stressed more than blood and gore. During the 60's, I was aging from my childhood into my teens. My parents would not allow me to go see a horror movie at the movie theater. I had to watch The Haunting (1963), The Innocents (1961), The Birds (1963), Psycho (1960) and Rosemary's Baby (1968) years later.
To this day, The Haunting (1963), The Exorcist (1973) and The Shining(1983) are my top 3 horror movies.

Other than "The Birds", those are among my fave horror movies. I exclude "The Birds" because I just saw scenes from it. "The Haunting" is my fave ghost movie, and it's in my top ten list of all horror movies. Let's hope and pray that they don't make a third installment!

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2019, 04:01:11 PM »
Hesitate to promote Alphabet but lots of Made-For-TV movies are available on said youtube platform. One of the few benefits of our global overlord.

I noticed that. I saved playlists of "Friday The 13th" (TV series) and "She Wolf Of London". They're a bit dated now, but they're still enjoyable. Thankfully, they don't deal with the dangerous, verboten Flat Earth, a heresy that may lead to banishment from the Tube.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2019, 04:04:21 PM »
That is my worst fear. To be crippled wearing a diaper.

I'm similar. Except, my worst fear is that I'll have to change said diaper.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2019, 04:07:41 PM »
Does the current decade (2010-2019) have a nickname? In the future what will this decade be known as? Will the movies/music be remembered from our current time period? 
Tonight is The Oscars 2019 | 91st Academy Awards. Time for the arrogant idiots to speak.
Best Picture is a designation that should MEAN SOMETHING. It no longer has meaning.  It seems that a male is wearing a tuxedo gown at the Oscars.  Move over Nero, Billy Porter is making history.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2019, 04:17:34 PM »
Does the current decade (2010-2019) have a nickname? In the future what will this decade be known as? Will the movies/music be remembered from our current time period? 
Tonight is The Oscars 2019 | 91st Academy Awards. Time for the arrogant idiots to speak.
Best Picture is a designation that should MEAN SOMETHING. It no longer has meaning.  It seems that a male is wearing a tuxedo gown at the Oscars.  Move over Nero, Billy Porter is making history.

WTF. Though whoever that is, I think a presenter,  in the yellow dress is obviously a feminist, as is the dress maker.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2019, 04:19:47 PM »
Excellent list. The Innocents (1961) The Changeling (1980) The Uninvited (1944) are also good. For some reason, though upon rewatching recently not as much, "Let's Scare Jessica To Death" (1971) and "The Sentinel" (1977) always creeped me out.

Top Ten Ghost Movies:
.The Haunting
.The Innocents
.Poltergeist
.The Shining
.The Changeling
.Ghost Story
.The Others
.The Ring
.The Fog
.The Legend Of Hell House

This is the official list from the Department Of Official Lists in Washington, so it's not just my personal, subjective opinion.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2019, 04:23:41 PM »
I noticed that. I saved playlists of "Friday The 13th" (TV series) and "She Wolf Of London". They're a bit dated now, but they're still enjoyable. Thankfully, they don't deal with the dangerous, verboten Flat Earth, a heresy that may lead to banishment from the Tube.

Lots of good made-for-tv movies on the youtube. Funny that some of them are actually "edgy," to use an awful term, to this day, I doubt subjects would be done now due to political correctness, snowflakes, and etc. Obvious quality is lacking but, personally, I don't like perfection in film because seems fake. Funny that now some makers actually try to recreate 'griity' or real film using modern technology.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2019, 04:25:34 PM »

I'm watching it as I type this. I heard that it might be a televised disaster right up there with the Hindenburg and the Titanic. There are a lot of things that could go wrong according to the articles I skimmed. I'm also in the mood to yell at my TV tonight.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2019, 04:38:24 PM »
Top Ten Ghost Movies:
.The Haunting
.The Innocents
.Poltergeist
.The Shining
.The Changeling
.Ghost Story
.The Others
.The Ring
.The Fog
.The Legend Of Hell House

This is the official list from the Department Of Official Lists in Washington, so it's not just my personal, subjective opinion.
A very good list coming from an Official List. I forgot about the movie Ghost Story. Very creepy story. The movie had some great actors-John Houseman, Patricia Neal, Fred Astaire, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., and Melvyn Douglas. The novel written by Peter Straub was an excellent read.