Author Topic: Sandwiches  (Read 39164 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Sandwiches
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2020, 10:01:33 PM »
We need some sandwich arguing.

This thread may have been my idea but if I would've started it, it would have been another two birds one thread like   The Sandwich Thread & Your Thoughts On Abortion!?

Can't believe how much I rule 8)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2020, 10:58:00 PM »
2 slices of bread
Mayo
Sliced rutgers tomatoes
Salt & Pepper

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2020, 05:26:37 AM »
That looks like old man penis.  :(

Do you still put it in your mouth?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2020, 06:17:54 AM »
Since it is Saturday. I will call my local hoagie shop for a delivery. I do not cook on a Saturday. A hoagie is a sandwich filled with Italian meats, cheeses, and other toppings.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2020, 06:21:50 AM »
Since it is Saturday. I will call my local hoagie shop for a delivery. I do not cook on a Saturday. A hoagie is a sandwich filled with Italian meats, cheeses, and other toppings.

The bread is the topping.
Also the bottoming.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2020, 06:22:40 AM »
This thread may have been my idea but if I would've started it, it would have been another two birds one thread like   The Sandwich Thread & Your Thoughts On Abortion!?

They both have served me well.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2020, 07:04:07 AM »

@FISH   Yummy.  Hold or cold?  Please tell me they put 3 different meats on it.  There are some places here that just put ham and either salami or pepperoni on it.  Unacceptable.  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2020, 07:15:36 AM »
There's a little place here that serves some killer sandwiches.  It is a very small establishment and all the hot sandwiches get run through the same tiny oven/broiler combo they've had since the 50's.  I think they can only fit 3 sandwiches at a time.  So I can expect to wait 30 minutes for my food. 

This is one of my favorites from there:

This sandwich is called The Downstairs. Probably because the restaurant is in the basement.  I dunno.  Anyway, it has Salami, Prosciutto, anchovies, Provolone, Swiss, onions, sweet hot peppers and Italian dressing, served hot out of the oven.   

(someone else took this pic)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2020, 07:34:37 AM »
@FISH   Yummy.  Hold or cold?  Please tell me they put 3 different meats on it.  There are some places here that just put ham and either salami or pepperoni on it.  Unacceptable.  ;D
COLD!!!
My hoagie place sells 20 types of different hoagies. They sell 4 types of Italian hoagies-for example.
1-Italian
Prosciutto, Provolone Cheese, Hot Capicola & Natural Casing Genoa Salami.
2-Mild Italian
Prosciutto, Provolone Cheese, Sweet Capicola & Natural Casing Genoa Salami.
3-Sharp Italian
Prosciutto, Sharp Provolone, Capicola & Natural Casing Genoa Salami.
4-Mild Sharp Italian
Prosciutto, Sharp Provolone, Sweet Capicola & Natural Casing Genoa Salami.

I often order a turkey or imported ham hoagie.
Yet, they make a great American hoagie.
"American" bologna, natural casing Genoa salami, imported ham and American cheese.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2020, 07:35:07 AM »
Well, I went out to lunch yesterday. I ordered a turkey club, GS's image still fresh in my mind. The advanced soup was good, but the actual sand was sub par. It did not look like the image GS posted. Though toasted, the bread was not fresh and my poor teeth were not able to win the war with the crust. The sandwhich was dry and ill proportioned. My lunchmate had requested extra mayo for her sand, had some left over and I was able to try to combat the dryness. The mayo was thin and slightly oily, there just was no way to rescue the poor thing.
One star, and it is just for the soup.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2020, 07:43:12 AM »
COLD!!!
My hoagie place sells 20 types of different hoagies. They sell 4 types of Italian hoagies-for example.
1-Italian
Prosciutto, Provolone Cheese, Hot Capicola & Natural Casing Genoa Salami.
2-Mild Italian
Prosciutto, Provolone Cheese, Sweet Capicola & Natural Casing Genoa Salami.
3-Sharp Italian
Prosciutto, Sharp Provolone, Capicola & Natural Casing Genoa Salami.
4-Mild Sharp Italian
Prosciutto, Sharp Provolone, Sweet Capicola & Natural Casing Genoa Salami.

I often order a turkey or imported ham hoagie.
Yet, they make a great American hoagie.
"American" bologna, natural casing Genoa salami, imported ham and American cheese.

@FISH  Very nice selection.  8)  Not sure I typed 'Hold or cold"' instead of Hot.  Anyway... ;D   I like'em cold too, but prefer it hot.  There was a place here that had a huge hot Italian sub and it was amazing.  The place went under after a year.  All of the food was really good too.  :(

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2020, 07:43:26 AM »
There's a little place here that serves some killer sandwiches.  It is a very small establishment and all the hot sandwiches get run through the same tiny oven/broiler combo they've had since the 50's.  I think they can only fit 3 sandwiches at a time.  So I can expect to wait 30 minutes for my food. 

This is one of my favorites from there:

This sandwich is called The Downstairs. Probably because the restaurant is in the basement.  I dunno.  Anyway, it has Salami, Prosciutto, anchovies, Provolone, Swiss, onions, sweet hot peppers and Italian dressing, served hot out of the oven.   

(someone else took this pic)

I don't think I could eat that sandwich. The only hot sandwich I will eat is a hot roast beef or a hot turkey sandwich. I live in a big city. We used to have huge shipyards. Sandwiches were made for folks to take to work. Only hipsters would eat "The Downstairs" IMO ::)

During World War I, Italian immigrants who worked at the Hog Island shipyard began making sandwiches. They were originally called “hoggies” before the name hoagie took hold.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2020, 07:46:09 AM »
Only hipsters would eat "The Downstairs" IMO ::)

Plus @Chimp Covfefe and @KSM

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2020, 07:48:33 AM »
I used to get consistent ones at a long ago truck stop.  Except I had to put up with the waitress's same, monotonous joke.  She would come to the table and show me a rounded chunk of highly varnished wood and say, "Here's your club."

@Rikki Gins  She didn't hit you with it did she?  :o ;) ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2020, 07:54:09 AM »
Only hipsters would eat "The Downstairs" IMO ::)

@FISH  LOL!  They do get a lot of hipsters in that establishment.  But I assure you, I am the furthest thing from being a hipster.  ;)  I just like the sandwich!  :)