Author Topic: Sandwiches  (Read 39464 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: Sandwiches
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2020, 03:31:12 PM »
Is it good?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://thetakeout.com/peanut-butter-and-mayo-sandwiches-1829345467

It is said to be surprisingly pleasing. Someone made one for me once. I didn't care for peanut butter then, so it was not pleasing to me.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2020, 07:02:23 AM »

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2020, 07:13:09 AM »
There is this truck stop type diner we like to have breakfast at every Sunday. They make me a customized grilled ham n cheese add egg with the yolk all broke out of course, on rye. It's so simple but so perfect with the ham to cheese to egg ratio and I just can't duplicate it at home. At first I thought it was just a case of everything tastes better when someone else makes it but it's not that.  I don't know wtf they do back there but I'm glad they do it.

Yet they have the worst coffee in the world
- just watery and weak and nobody else says anything? We actually take our own in and they let us because she's a great tipper.
In my area, we have a few trailer type truck stops. There is no place to sit and eat your sandwich. You order your sandwich and get back into your truck or car. This one place makes the best meatball sandwiches and serves rotten coffee. They breaks the belief that the best meatball sandwich must be baked in the pizza oven for a few minutes--the meatball grinder.
I have two local pizza shops that bake a good meatball grinder. Both shops are a 5 minute walk from my home.
THE MEATBALL GRINDER--

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2020, 07:20:33 AM »
In my area, we have a few trailer type truck stops. There is no place to sit and eat your sandwich. You order your sandwich and get back into your car. This one place makes the best meatball sandwiches and serves rotten coffee. They breaks the belief that the best meatball sandwich must be baked in the pizza oven for a few minutes--the meatball grinder.
I have two local pizza shops that bake a good meatball grinder. Both shops are a 5 minute walk from my home.
THE MEATBALL GRINDER--

Now this sandwich I could get behind! Man, I haven't had a meatball grinder in forever. Looks yummy!

I also love the "gut trucks" (food trucks), you can find some awesome food at some of them. We have a lot of amazing Mexican food trucks around here and a small handful of good hipster trucks.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2020, 10:31:00 AM »

Oh, damn...I LIKE THEM ALL!
Just have to add a New Orleans Muffuletta and a fried Catfish PoBoy. YUMMMMMM!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2020, 02:05:19 PM »
There's a local delicatessen I've been wanting to go to for some time but haven't.   https://www.perlysrichmond.com/ 

I think I'll go Tuesday and try this:

SHAPIRO SCHNITZEL
Toasted challah w/ shredded lettuce, bread & butter pickled cauliflower, chicken schnitzel and skhug chili pepper sauce

I have to Google 'skhug' though.  No idea what that is.

JayGab

• KNYE
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2020, 03:04:28 PM »
Few days ago I's a mother n daughter sammich and I was goood! Real good! Hell I come with me own mayonnaise and brings a ruckus to lady town!
Actual N-Word
Not A Paid Actor

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2020, 05:21:08 PM »
Turkey Reuben

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2020, 10:28:04 PM »

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2020, 10:33:29 PM »

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2020, 10:34:28 PM »

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2020, 10:31:58 AM »
*BUMP*

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2020, 06:42:57 PM »
Thank God for breakfast sandwich's.

Just discovered this thread.  I have contributions to make.  Let's start with the above.  Are recipes allowed, or just pictures?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2020, 07:51:42 PM »
Just discovered this thread.  I have contributions to make.  Let's start with the above.  Are recipes allowed, or just pictures?
@HamsterMuscle

Thank you for the kind words about my thread.

Fuckin eh buddy! Post dem recipes!

Plus 1 on the name too!  I don't know what a HamsterMuscle is but I bet I sure as ripe shit don't wanna smell one! And BTW your name has HAM in it so what could possibly go wrong in a sandwich thread!!!

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2020, 04:22:56 PM »
Quote from: KSM32 link=topic=831.msg2918,89#msg291889 date=1596163902

Fuckin eh buddy! Post dem recipes!

This recipe is for "myeongdong" (명동) which is a type of street food sold in Korea.  There are many variations, some quite elaborate.  The one that I am presenting here is a good starter recipe.  It can be cooked very quickly (within a couple of minutes), it's tasty, and very filling.  Good breakfast sandwich, drunk food, or something when you want to impress the wife/gf but don't want to put that much effort into it.

If you make it on a grill, you can assembly-line it and bang out food for the group within minutes.  However, a large skillet will also work.

Heat up your pan to medium-high.  Melt some butter and toast one side of two pieces of bread.  Set aside.

Melt some more butter.  Beat one egg with some roughly-chopped cabbage and pour out onto the pan.

Cover the egg mixture with cheese.  I prefer cheddar, because it compliments the taste of the Spam that I use for the meat.

Now top with meat, sliced as shown.  I prefer Spam, though one could use ham or mystery meat.  Whatever suits you.  I use about 1/4 of a can of Spam, to give you some idea about the quantity.  Slicing it that way allows it to cook faster.

When the agg is browned to your satisfaction, pick up the assembly with a spatula, melt a little more butter, and flip.

While cooking the meat side, you will want to press down with the spatula a few times to compress everything and ensure that the middle is well-cooked.

Flip again and put on the condiments.  The guy in this picture uses mustard and ketchup.  I prefer gochujang, which you can find in the Asian section of your supermarket, or an Asian market; and Sriracha mayo (I make my own by mixing a 1:1 ratio of each).  Whatever you use, if you are applying it with a knife, put it on the bread slices.

Set up your bread slices, untoasted side up.  Pick up the assembly and slide it onto one slice, then cover with the other.

Grasp it firmly in your hand (the sandwich you pervert).  Your nipples should be able to cut glass at this point.  Enjoy.