Poll

Your preferred ghost listening platform, or format

Ghost To Ghost
Ghost Investigators Society

Author Topic: G2G vs GIS Shows  (Read 1717 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
G2G vs GIS Shows
« on: January 07, 2024, 08:38:49 AM »
From the Topic vs Topic files this is an effort to decide the preferred ghost listening platform, or format.

On one hand you have Ghost To Ghost that features a vast array of callers as they tell of their experiences with ghostly apparitions and such. This is full-on audience participation. This was started back in 1993.
https://archive.org/details/coast-to-coast-am-with-art-bell-ghost-to-ghost

On the other hand, you have the GIS! The Ghost Investigators Society who rely on EVP for their content and appearances over the years. They can be quite entertaining and sometimes somewhat disturbing with the number of recordings that seem to be audible clips of children, and they rarely sound happy. Haunted houses, prisons, cemeteries and other places are commonplace for these recordings.

Given the choice on a quiet dark night which do you prefer?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: G2G vs GIS Shows
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 08:46:44 AM »
EVP my ass.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 08:54:32 AM »
EVP my ass.
GIS was advertising for Cool Edit shareware's (now Adobe Audition) standard reverbs.
Merry Christmas

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 09:30:13 AM »
EVP my ass.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm not a ghost guy at all. Gnomes? Heck yeah but Ghosts? No.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 09:47:08 AM »
Well at this point G2G is the pull away favorite. I don't think that SUV EVP is really ghosts, but rather reciprocal energy that has stained the fabric of that particular time. An imprint, if you will.

Ya' know..  others can start these (blank) vs (blank) too. Or do I have to carry and host the entire category?  Fuckin' slackers!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 10:00:44 AM »
You carry the load.  You started it.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2024, 10:06:13 AM »
You carry the load.  You started it.
Heh heh heh  fine. I'll do it.

But Bard started it, really.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2024, 10:14:29 AM »
GIS is somewhat listenable to me, but I will listen to something else if I am not trying to sleep. G2G is no longer appealing at all. Is rather listen to sNoory.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2024, 01:08:40 PM »
GIS is somewhat listenable to me, but I will listen to something else if I am not trying to sleep. G2G is no longer appealing at all. Is rather listen to sNoory.
When a GIS show comes on randomly on my media player I'll usually head over and arrow next. Sometimes it'll play a bit and next thing I know I'm halfway through the show trying to hear what Art and the GIS's are hearing.

Same with G2G although I not as quick to skip coz most of them are good IMO.

@sean92008 If GIS is your vote, please be sure to make your voice heard in the poll up top.  ::)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2024, 06:41:07 AM »
OK... I am listening to a G2G on U7... 10/31/2010... For its historical importance.

He was so constrained, "Wish you were on the radio more." "Meh." "Big fan since 95" "Meh."

He sounded pissed when he announced a caller from Montreal, Canada and the caller corrected him Montreal, Missouri. Seething silence.

Meh.

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2024, 08:34:36 AM »
OK... I am listening to a G2G on U7... 10/31/2010... For its historical importance.

He was so constrained, "Wish you were on the radio more." "Meh." "Big fan since 95" "Meh."

He sounded pissed when he announced a caller from Montreal, Canada and the caller corrected him Montreal, Missouri. Seething silence.

Meh.
Montreal Missouri? Huh. Who new. 2010... Art was on his way oot.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024, 07:40:35 PM »
Well at this point G2G is the pull away favorite. I don't think that SUV EVP is really ghosts, but rather reciprocal energy that has stained the fabric of that particular time. An imprint, if you will.

Ya' know..  others can start these (blank) vs (blank) too. Or do I have to carry and host the entire category?  Fuckin' slackers!

I had a real tough time choosing between the two I am very surprised about the blowout. I did go with G2G (Art era) any callers from the current era is unlistenable. If we do all time (which I did) than Art's G2G is better

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2024, 09:22:47 PM »
I had a real tough time choosing between the two I am very surprised about the blowout. I did go with G2G (Art era) any callers from the current era is unlistenable. If we do all time (which I did) than Art's G2G is better
Absolutely. If I post anything C2C it means classic 1994 - 2004 Art. Blowout doesn't surprise me though. GIS just doesn't fly as well IMO.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2024, 10:44:46 PM »

...and stuff!

Amen!
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2024, 10:20:58 AM »
...and stuff!

Amen!
Classic coast callers vs callers 2005 to present might be a good one.