Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851959 times)

expat

• KMST
    • The Emoluments of Mars
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1485 on: September 14, 2020, 09:01:59 AM »
Crazy cat-ladies for the next two nights.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1486 on: September 14, 2020, 10:28:07 AM »
Crazy cat-ladies for the next two nights.

Does George ever meltdown and rant about ''the haters'' anymore?  Good times!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1487 on: September 14, 2020, 11:00:41 AM »
Does George ever meltdown and rant about ''the haters'' anymore?  Good times!

LOL!  I haven't heard him complain for a while.  He's too busy doing what he can to reinforce his sanctimonious image.  It's quite nauseating.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1488 on: September 14, 2020, 11:06:20 AM »
George Haas: "I'm just an artist..."

Well, nobody would mistake you for an astronomer, George.

@expat Was Haas part of Hoagie's crew of useful idiots back in the day?  I should be grateful I can't remember all their names but there was one guy...Keith Laney?...who always sounded winded like he just got done field dressing a deer after replacing a transmission on his 1983 Bronco right before Hoagland called.

expat

• KMST
    • The Emoluments of Mars
« Reply #1489 on: September 14, 2020, 11:51:54 AM »
@expat Was Haas part of Hoagie's crew of useful idiots back in the day?  I should be grateful I can't remember all their names but there was one guy...Keith Laney?...who always sounded winded like he just got done field dressing a deer after replacing a transmission on his 1983 Bronco right before Hoagland called.

No, even Hoagland isn't loony enough to believe Martians once carved out a 30 kM long portrait of Queen Nefertiti on the surface of their planet. Keith Laney runs The Hidden Mission forum, a bunch of rednecks who bitch about NASA all day long. To  be fair, Laney has some genuine talent at image editing and yes, he was part of RCH's "panel" for a while.

Just to round things out, George Haas used to post on Hidden Mission under the name "Zip Monster" until Laney banned him.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1490 on: September 14, 2020, 12:16:51 PM »
No, even Hoagland isn't loony enough to believe Martians once carved out a 30 kM long portrait of Queen Nefertiti on the surface of their planet...

More like Hoagy isn't the one who dreamed it up, so he's not on board with it.

expat

• KMST
    • The Emoluments of Mars
« Reply #1491 on: September 14, 2020, 12:40:44 PM »
More like Hoagy isn't the one who dreamed it up, so he's not on board with it.

Ho-ho, Hoagland is well known for claiming credit for other people's inspirations. Example: "I coined the phrase 'On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog."  This was actually a New Yorker cartoon by Peter Steiner, 5th July 1993.

Example: "The Apollo 15 hammer and feather stunt was my idea". Actually it was concocted by Dave Scott, Jim Irwin and Joe Allen.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1492 on: September 14, 2020, 01:00:15 PM »
No, even Hoagland isn't loony enough to believe Martians once carved out a 30 kM long portrait of Queen Nefertiti on the surface of their planet. Keith Laney runs The Hidden Mission forum, a bunch of rednecks who bitch about NASA all day long. To  be fair, Laney has some genuine talent at image editing and yes, he was part of RCH's "panel" for a while.

Just to round things out, George Haas used to post on Hidden Mission under the name "Zip Monster" until Laney banned him.

Thanks for the info. @expat   I chuckled when I saw Laney banned Haas.  You refreshed my memory and I recall Laney had some skill.  Aside from what I mentioned earlier he also sounded like he was sucking on a Werther's Original the whole time he was on air.  He just annoyed me, as did all of Hoagies crew.  I liked Hoagie when he wasn't talking about Mars and NASA.  I miss that small window of time we had when he was a competent intelligent interviewer (Dick Cavet mode) that showed an interest in other things.  I especially enjoyed his Dick Bertel interview.  Oh well.  He's still an arrogant delusional shyster.

Cheers sir!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1493 on: September 14, 2020, 01:26:44 PM »
Ho-ho, Hoagland is well known for claiming credit for other people's inspirations. Example: "I coined the phrase 'On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog."  This was actually a New Yorker cartoon by Peter Steiner, 5th July 1993.

Example: "The Apollo 15 hammer and feather stunt was my idea". Actually it was concocted by Dave Scott, Jim Irwin and Joe Allen.

Ok, I guess you're right.

Hoagie actually tried to claim he came up with 'On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog'?  Holy shit, every person in the world has probably seen that cartoon.  Hey Hoaggie, if you've seen something on the internet, you're probably about the 5 billionth person to see it.  React accordingly.

expat

• KMST
    • The Emoluments of Mars

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #1495 on: September 16, 2020, 07:40:31 PM »
This week seems to have some decent Noory shows. Which is a good thing as my new #1 SOR is taking a week off. I always like the Paulides shows.

It's a little odd they don't have the weekend schedule up.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1496 on: September 17, 2020, 06:35:03 AM »
I’m not sure I’d want to read a thousand page book about the Beatles in 1964.
Merry Christmas

expat

• KMST
    • The Emoluments of Mars
« Reply #1497 on: September 22, 2020, 11:35:43 AM »
Betterfind something else to listen to tonight — it's Wallach night.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1498 on: October 01, 2020, 07:38:29 AM »
C2C sucks consistently enough that I've stopped listening to those stations during their drivetime shows the following morning. Then, I stopped listening to their afternoon shows.

I only return to listen to Rush.

Could GN be the "self-destruct" function of Premier(e).

Just wondering.
Eh, nevermind...

Sendamonster

• KDWN
« Reply #1499 on: October 01, 2020, 09:49:27 AM »
Who is the last new interesting guest that Noory has brought on and who are the new crop of good regulars if there are any?