Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851535 times)

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1545 on: October 14, 2020, 05:20:45 PM »
Maybe by June, 2021 Falkie will have taken his channel private. Then you'll need that $5 @Jayzelady.

I’d say when Hell freezes over, I’ll pay for a Falkie stream, buuuuut the way 2020 is going and probably into 2021, anything is possible. LOL

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
« Reply #1546 on: October 14, 2020, 05:24:30 PM »
Ouch. @Jayzelady  Long term subscriber?  I can't commit long-term.  I was, and have been, doing it month to month.  I'll admit that I have canceled and re-subscribed periodically over the last 10 years.  Actually it's longer than that.  Probably 15.  Anyway, C2C has always been a rollercoaster of suckage with Noory at the helm and now it truly is at it's lowest point.  Heck, I used to keep my radio on all night to listen, or to have it as background noise.  I don't even do that anymore.  I just cherry pick what I want to listen to and it's not much anymore.  :-\  It is sad.

By the way, Richard Syrett grew on me.  I like him better than Knapp now.  ;)

Syrett and Church I can take only if they have a show I really, really want to listen to, but Ian and those two idiot women aggravate the hell out of me no matter how good their show.

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #1547 on: October 14, 2020, 06:14:36 PM »
I did. @Zetaspeak  Mike was doing his usual 'speaking on behalf of young people' schtick and his routine of making several points and then asking a question and going on and on.  He also tried talking over Ian.  We all knows how that ends up. ;D  It was obvious Ian was angry but he kept his composure.  He told Mike that he is a caller and not the host, and that he (Mike) has a habit, each time he calls in, of trying to make it his show and suggested Mike gets his own podcast.  Mike repeatedly interrupted "...but George gave me this opportunity."  Ian cut him off and gave him a lecture, again encouraging him to start his own podcast and that Ian actually would listen to it.  LOL!

That's it in a nutshell.  I may have missed some details.  I applaud Ian.  "Mike the Millennial" has quickly risen up the ranks on my personal most hated callers list.

Oh, Mike also boasted about being the one who set up the Go Fund Me account for Cornelius.  There was some other stuff but I can't recall it at this time.

Here's a snippet from the "Mike the Millennial" call-in show.  ;)

https://voca.ro/1cxSAeKk2BBg

LittleChris

• Hall Of Famer
  • Drone Pilot
    • Join The Conversation!
« Reply #1548 on: October 14, 2020, 06:34:03 PM »
After suffering through another 2 hours of Pharmacist Ben, I think I am just about completely done with being a subscriber to C2C. Since it comes on at midnight here, it was good to have all the podcasts to go back and listen when I could and I have been a subscriber since before John B. Wells came on board for a time. The shows suck, Noory is ridiculous, and the only guest host I can still tolerate is George Knapp. After my current sub expires in June 2021, I can put my yearly 50 something dollar sub fee on something I actually enjoy. Really makes me sad to see where C2C has fallen to.

I hear ya. I still subscribe mainly to have access to Knapp and Punett’s shows, and the occasional interesting show and I still subscribe for nostalgic reasons I guess. I miss the days of Art Bell.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1549 on: October 14, 2020, 06:41:23 PM »
You are the best @ShayP . You don't have to be a mind reader to know Ian really can't stand the "Noory 5 regulars"  ;D but not sure why he doesn't have the call screener screen them out or just say "We have open lines for people who haven't called". I have to agree with Ian, those regulars are mostly awful and makes it about themselves more than the guest or a topic. Thanks for the recap!

Thanks...and you're welcome.  ;)

Cheers!  :)  @Zetaspeak

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1550 on: October 14, 2020, 06:42:09 PM »
Syrett and Church I can take only if they have a show I really, really want to listen to, but Ian and those two idiot women aggravate the hell out of me no matter how good their show.

LMAO!!!  Yeah, I'm with ya there.  ;)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1551 on: October 14, 2020, 06:45:51 PM »
... I have to agree with Ian, those regulars are mostly awful and makes it about themselves more than the guest or a topic...

That also describes Ian himself

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1552 on: October 14, 2020, 06:46:25 PM »

Thanks. @Ciardelo 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1553 on: October 14, 2020, 06:47:28 PM »
That also describes Ian himself

Hmmm, yeah, you do have a valid point.  ;D ;)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #1554 on: October 14, 2020, 07:50:31 PM »

Well.... that was.... something lol. @ShayP was right, Ian tried to say it in the kindest way possible with the "You are so good, you should get away from me" line, which sounds like a total "It's not you... It's me"" breakup line lol. I do wonder what Noory thinks of him shooing away a regular. Last time I remember Ian confronting a "Noory Guy" was Steve Quayle over a decade ago.

But I did laugh when Mike the Millennial came on and the first thing out of his mouth is "I have two comments before my real comment" haha classic MTM

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1555 on: October 17, 2020, 08:33:18 AM »
Last night's open lines with Richard Syrett as host was somewhat refreshing.  First off...no regular callers.  Secondly, he let people talk and encouraged them to tell their story.  They spoke and he gave them ample time.  Granted, as usual, one says to themselves while listening... "Get on with it!"  However something was different in a good way.  Then again, he did do his show before filling in for George so he may have just said "I'm tired. Screw it, let 'em talk."  ;D

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
« Reply #1556 on: October 17, 2020, 04:32:41 PM »
Last night's open lines with Richard Syrett as host was somewhat refreshing.  First off...no regular callers.  Secondly, he let people talk and encouraged them to tell their story.  They spoke and he gave them ample time.  Granted, as usual, one says to themselves while listening... "Get on with it!"  However something was different in a good way.  Then again, he did do his show before filling in for George so he may have just said "I'm tired. Screw it, let 'em talk."  ;D

I actually enjoyed a show for the first time in weeks! But then I do like Jim Harold. 😁

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1557 on: October 18, 2020, 05:04:55 PM »
I actually enjoyed a show for the first time in weeks! But then I do like Jim Harold. 😁

I started listening to his campfire stuff and his other podcast.  Pretty good.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1558 on: October 18, 2020, 08:53:58 PM »
After suffering through another 2 hours of Pharmacist Ben, I think I am just about completely done with being a subscriber to C2C. Since it comes on at midnight here, it was good to have all the podcasts to go back and listen when I could and I have been a subscriber since before John B. Wells came on board for a time. The shows suck, Noory is ridiculous, and the only guest host I can still tolerate is George Knapp. After my current sub expires in June 2021, I can put my yearly 50 something dollar sub fee on something I actually enjoy. Really makes me sad to see where C2C has fallen to.

I even get dressed up in my wizard outfit while I listen to it, and I cannot do it....

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1559 on: October 18, 2020, 08:58:32 PM »
I am looking forward to a podcast made up of all of the "regular" Coast callers.  It will be entitled "The Sad Packers", and the opening music will be sung by Norry. I have "High Hopes" for its success.