Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851930 times)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #3480 on: September 20, 2021, 03:32:43 PM »
Yesterday main Knapp guest was way over hear head (T.S Mart - Sky Monsters) She was giving the most generic and quick answers and didn't really know the details of her own book. Knapp even had to say "Well it's in your book" and she replied with she hasn't looked at her notes in a long time (BTW the book was released in May 2021)

Early in the interview you can hear the rare time Knapp seemed frustrated when she asked him "What he thought of it" when she didn't really know how to reply to his questions. I wonder if he gave her a talk to during the break as she got a little better in the second hour. The book was a mother/daughter project with the daughter doing illustrations, it seemed like she did the book mostly to promote her daughter art ability and just went though very lazy and Wikipedia style explanation or history of the monsters (Thunderbird, Mothman etc)

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #3481 on: September 20, 2021, 11:47:34 PM »
Noory asked his guest what the term "bad actor" means - he didn't know that himself!

Regular caller Cornelius called in - always saying "and stuff"

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3482 on: September 21, 2021, 12:10:04 AM »
Noory asked his guest what the term "bad actor" means - he didn't know that himself!

Regular caller Cornelius called in - always saying "and stuff"

"Whatnot" bothers the fuck out of me.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3483 on: September 21, 2021, 12:32:20 AM »
Noory asked his guest what the term "bad actor" means - he didn't know that himself!...

His ears must have perked up though, ''hey I can do that!''

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #3484 on: September 21, 2021, 02:13:30 AM »
Yesterday main Knapp guest was way over hear head (T.S Mart - Sky Monsters) She was giving the most generic and quick answers and didn't really know the details of her own book. Knapp even had to say "Well it's in your book" and she replied with she hasn't looked at her notes in a long time (BTW the book was released in May 2021)

Early in the interview you can hear the rare time Knapp seemed frustrated when she asked him "What he thought of it" when she didn't really know how to reply to his questions. I wonder if he gave her a talk to during the break as she got a little better in the second hour. The book was a mother/daughter project with the daughter doing illustrations, it seemed like she did the book mostly to promote her daughter art ability and just went though very lazy and Wikipedia style explanation or history of the monsters (Thunderbird, Mothman etc)
With Maury Povich inflection:

T.S. Mart, when it comes to your book, A Guide to Sky Monsters....illustrated by your talented daughter...

(long pause)

it is not going onto the THE BOOK LODGE's recommended reading list!

(audience screaming)

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #3485 on: September 21, 2021, 02:32:12 AM »
got beaten to the 'bad actor' thing - classic Noory moment, reaches a moment when his limited amount of brain juice has been used up and he's just sitting there staring vacantly into space and out comes something stunningly stupid.

Kevin Mitnick the computer security expert and infamous hacker is amiably suffering through a typical unchallenging Noory interview which for some reason turns into a John McAfee discussion because that's how Noory's brain works.

Noory: Kevin, you've used that term several times, what do you mean by 'bad actor'?

If I'm the guest I am going to go John McEnroe being careful to not use a naughty word because prissy George would run me off. 'Are YOU effing kidding me? You're seriously asking me what a 'bad actor' is? What the hell is wrong with you?'

Mitnick like all the other guests who have to deal with Noory is polite and literally has to give Noory a definition of 'bad actor' - 'Well it means 'bad guy' 'bad person' etc'

I can imagine Noory and Tommy at a Denny's discussing how the show went. 'Great show tonight Tommy. Did yeeeew know that 'bad actor' means a 'bad guy'? I was not familiar with the term. Going to write it down on the pad I keep on my nightstand when I get home.'

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #3486 on: September 21, 2021, 02:45:28 AM »

as I was taking that in it made me think of the Pizza Pocket story and cartoon. We all know that microwave ovens cook food to intense heat, so we approach microwaved food cautiously, taking a small bite to determine how hot the food is. WHAT IMBECILE OPENS THE MICROWAVE DOOR, GRABS THE PIZZA POCKET AND STUFFS THE ENTIRE THING IN HIS GAPING MAW?!?! 

They should have kept him in the hospital on a 72 hour hold to do cognitive testing.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #3487 on: September 21, 2021, 07:40:24 AM »
Ha, your sig got me trying to wipe the bug off the screen!

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #3488 on: September 21, 2021, 08:07:59 AM »
Ha, your sig got me trying to wipe the bug off the screen!

@Robert that was the goal.  ;D

The only problem, Robert, is it has caused me to do the same thing.

Talk about fooling oneself - some sort of inverted (not merely reversed) Trickster tarot card, forcing me to contemplate even my lowest level magick toward others. Oh, the burden of The Fool! Heh heh.

https://www.gnosismagazine.com/issue_contents/contents19.html

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #3489 on: September 21, 2021, 08:25:51 AM »
I thought that was a bug that had been picked up on the Falkie thread.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3490 on: September 21, 2021, 08:48:52 AM »
... I can imagine Noory and Tommy at a Denny's discussing how the show went. 'Great show tonight Tommy. Did yeeeew know that 'bad actor' means a 'bad guy'? I was not familiar with the term. Going to write it down on the pad I keep on my nightstand when I get home.'

Let's see if the Snorge will add it to his repertoire, then somehow use it in a situation where it doesn't really apply.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #3491 on: September 21, 2021, 09:21:16 AM »
Dave Snoorway - “Tommee, I think I saw a bad actor coming through a portal!”

Tommee - “Are you sure it wasn’t an angel?”

Dave Snoorway - “No, I’m pretty sure it was a bad actor or at least a really hammy actor.  And he had an airline ticket.  To Boston!”

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #3492 on: September 21, 2021, 10:33:07 AM »
When Mitnik was explaining to George what a "bad actor" was, I expected Mitnik to say "black hat."  Very impressive he did not.  He did use "red hat" elsewhere in the interview, so it is worth noting he didn't mention black.  I think. I don't know. It was all so painful and a waste of a good guest.  I always enjoy Mitnik. Just needed a different interviewer.

One other thing I must mention, then this show is water under the bridge for me.

When George answered a caller's query about Richard C. Hoagland, George's voice tone  was ultra awkward. Almost like it had guilt stressors in it, if that is the right term.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3493 on: September 21, 2021, 11:34:46 AM »
I miss Hoagie’s imagination. 
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation