Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 853112 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #4695 on: January 06, 2022, 08:59:22 PM »
Schrader would be the alternative if they didn’t want to go political. I can’t see Connie Willis pulling off a political show. Church could handle both the woo woo and the conspiracy talk, but he’s even more of an uninformed idiot than Noory on serious political issues.  All of the options are bad. They really  should try out some more guests host, as Noory is getting pretty damn old and will at the very least need more time off.

I’m not sure why people don’t see Syrett as more of an option he has like 3 podcast he actively updates and I think a radio show. I’d presume C2C pays more than that. He’s probably their best option of the hosts they have active right now, as Knapp isn’t a realistic choice full time.

The only reason I think Syrett isn't an option is he is hunkered down in Toronto.  I doubt he'd want to go to a studio in Los Angeles.  I guess he could do it remotely like Noory does in St. Louis.  I don't know.  He just strikes me as a guy who's doing his own thing, is content with it, and cares more about his family than committing to a C2C gig full time.  Plus, recently I heard him talking about the possibility of moving to Greece.

It'd be great if he did though because I like him.  I guess it will all boil down to what the producers want.  What kind of "character" do they want filling in the permanent seat after Noory is gone?

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #4696 on: January 06, 2022, 09:36:31 PM »
The only reason I think Syrett isn't an option is he is hunkered down in Toronto.  I doubt he'd want to go to a studio in Los Angeles.  I guess he could do it remotely like Noory does in St. Louis.  I don't know.  He just strikes me as a guy who's doing his own thing, is content with it, and cares more about his family than committing to a C2C gig full time.  Plus, recently I heard him talking about the possibility of moving to Greece.

It'd be great if he did though because I like him.  I guess it will all boil down to what the producers want.  What kind of "character" do they want filling in the permanent seat after Noory is gone?
I think Tommy secretly plans on taking over if Noory ever kicks the bucket (the only way it seems he will retire)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4697 on: January 06, 2022, 10:38:51 PM »
I think it's been over since about 2005, when the final Art Bell fan realized the Snorge actually did suck, and that it wasn't going to get better.  We used to watch them come over one by one at MW's website, ''I thought I was the only one, until I googled George Noory sucks...''

What could their ratings possibly be?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4698 on: January 06, 2022, 10:56:27 PM »
I think Tommy secretly plans on taking over if Noory ever kicks the bucket (the only way it seems he will retire)

If sNoory lets slip the "hard "R"" or how he likes little girls on ice, that retirement may be quicker.in coming.
Eh, nevermind...

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #4699 on: January 07, 2022, 01:14:57 AM »
The question has to be reframed.

Who does Noory want to replace him?

Noory's grand plan is to keep hosting until he thinks Mike the Millenial is ready to step in, then start having MTM guest host regularly.

Punnet will find this an  insane idea and turn into a full time spokesperson for Plochman's Mustard and vanish from the C2C roster.

MTM will be marketed as a bridge between the dying off boomers and the fickle internet fetuses who cut their virtual teeth at the tailend of modem applications and believe Mars can and will be colonized and terraformed in their lifetime.

MTM will gradually shift the focus to futurism, technology, and cybernetics. He will seesaw Utopian and Apocalyptic topics.

Tommee will retire to a high rise in Miami and, ironically, will become addicted to Plochman's Mustard.

Noory will work as producer for eighteen  months, holding MTM's hand, but will then follow Tommee.

For a short time, they room together until Noory finds his own place that "feels right."

Both men - flamboyantly sporting their Qlink devices -  will play bocce ball in a nearby park, enjoying the rich  Cuban ambiance and reflect on their glory days, while Art Bell spins in his grave at somewhere between Mach 5 and Mach 6. 

I will remain Camazotz Automat.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4700 on: January 07, 2022, 02:47:03 AM »
At the appropriate time, George will have his head sawn off, frozen, and stored in a freezer, expecting it to be resurrected and thawed out when a cure is found.

When cryonics doesn't work, the Snorge will reincarnate as Dexter Monterrey, only to find out AM radio no longer exists.  He will live out his days making sandwiches at a local diner, a lovable local character known for delusions of grandeur and getting the lunch orders wrong.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4701 on: January 07, 2022, 02:59:54 AM »
In 1971, last night’s guest went to live with the Navajo.  She was discussing how their language was not written and had no dictionary. sNorway gleefully jumped in, “And they had a complete vocabulary, too.”

Cheap Channel was insistent that the host live in LA. Art refused, but sNoory moved there.  The company may not require that any more, as Rush, and now Buck and Travis do their shows remotely. Plus, most of the weekend Coast hosts are remote.  I suppose management has learned how to conduct useless meetings and fill their needs to control on zoom, so a presence in Sherman Oaks isn’t needed.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4702 on: January 07, 2022, 04:30:18 AM »
The question has to be reframed.

Who does Noory want to replace him?

Noory's grand plan is to keep hosting until he thinks Mike the Millenial is ready to step in, then start having MTM guest host regularly.

Punnet will find this an  insane idea and turn into a full time spokesperson for Plochman's Mustard and vanish from the C2C roster.

MTM will be marketed as a bridge between the dying off boomers and the fickle internet fetuses who cut their virtual teeth at the tailend of modem applications and believe Mars can and will be colonized and terraformed in their lifetime.

MTM will gradually shift the focus to futurism, technology, and cybernetics. He will seesaw Utopian and Apocalyptic topics.

Tommee will retire to a high rise in Miami and, ironically, will become addicted to Plochman's Mustard.

Noory will work as producer for eighteen  months, holding MTM's hand, but will then follow Tommee.

For a short time, they room together until Noory finds his own place that "feels right."

Both men - flamboyantly sporting their Qlink devices -  will play bocce ball in a nearby park, enjoying the rich  Cuban ambiance and reflect on their glory days, while Art Bell spins in his grave at somewhere between Mach 5 and Mach 6. 

I will remain Camazotz Automat.

Sounds plausible.  Maximum suckage at minimal cost is the main requirement.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #4703 on: January 07, 2022, 09:42:13 AM »

That would be kicking the bucket for Coast.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #4704 on: January 07, 2022, 09:52:00 AM »
Probably somewhere out there in the wilds of the Missouri Ozarks sits a person who lives in compound faithfully listening to Coast that has the voice and knowledge that Premrat requires.  Surrounded by the richness of the land, and with a podcast without an audience that person dreams of filling the void.  That person knows that two of the most diverse talents in radio were bred in that state.  Those persons are Norry and Rush Limbaugh. 

They are the heir apparent as they go out into the night sky and look for aliens and big foot when not growing crop. Yes, that unknown and unidentified person will be behind the microphone when Norry steps down, (is pulled from the chair by a rent-a-cop.)  We wait.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #4705 on: January 07, 2022, 02:24:38 PM »
Last night, Noory split early and had an old replay for the last half hour of the show.
He usually does that on Friday nights, but since he is off tomorrow, he did it on Thursday...

Also in the middle of an interview, Noory suddenly brought up a character from one of his old favorite shows - Capt Kangaroo!
I seem to recall a picture posted in the past where Noory was dressed up like Capt Kangaroo...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4706 on: January 07, 2022, 02:33:29 PM »
... I seem to recall a picture posted in the past where Noory was dressed up like Capt Kangaroo...
Poor Tommee.  That must have been a long night.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #4707 on: January 08, 2022, 12:56:30 AM »
Louise the Cleopatra reincarnation called in again tonight to tell more of her past relationship with Muhammed Ali.

garywilson

• KMST
« Reply #4708 on: January 08, 2022, 12:57:02 AM »
have you notice that snoory  gets kinda pissy when a caller bring up his family ? has anyone notice this

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4709 on: January 08, 2022, 02:15:20 AM »
have you notice that snoory  gets kinda pissy when a caller bring up his family ? has anyone notice this

His family doesn't react well when someone asks them about him either.