Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851419 times)

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #5280 on: March 04, 2022, 08:58:41 AM »
Can you make us a fun video?  You could be the only person in the Hall of Fame twice!  I know your videos are special, when you're motivated.
OK @Sofia

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #5281 on: March 04, 2022, 11:34:44 AM »
All I know is him starting The Other Side of Midnight created the best thread on BellGab.  That's my opinion of course.

Did you ever move out of Barfly's shed?  ;D. Or am I misremembering a running theme from that thread?

Speaking of Bellgab lore, night before last I was listening to U7 radio on the way home.  It was running a Gabcast episode where Art was interviewed by MV, onan, and Curtis if I recall correctly.  Maybe eddie dean was also on the show.  They were discussing the ending of Dark Matter.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5282 on: March 04, 2022, 11:50:19 AM »
Did you ever move out of Barfly's shed?  ;D. Or am I misremembering a running theme from that thread?

Ha! Wow. You have it right.  I forgot about that theme. @AvDaBr I had to find a shed of my own.  ;)  ;D

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #5283 on: March 04, 2022, 08:02:08 PM »
Tonight we have horror movies and “those” open lines. So 30 minutes of Snorgie asking the movie director about movies he isn’t affiliated with. Followed by “those pre-recorded open lines”.

Predicted movies to be brought up?
Amityville Horror
Psycho
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

And closing it out with the most frightening moment of the night, UFO Phil.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #5284 on: March 04, 2022, 08:17:09 PM »
Tonight we have horror movies and “those” open lines. So 30 minutes of Snorgie asking the movie director about movies he isn’t affiliated with. Followed by “those pre-recorded open lines”.

Amityville Horror
Psycho

George was in a movie, or his voice was, not sure, and it had a very gruesome scene in it.  I think he produced the movie?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5285 on: March 04, 2022, 08:28:27 PM »
George was in a movie, or his voice was, not sure, and it had a very gruesome scene in it.  I think he produced the movie?

His voice was in Alien Armageddon, as a radio announcer.  He produced a documentary about some town in Missouri.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5286 on: March 04, 2022, 08:31:53 PM »

Amityville Horror
Psycho

I'd throw in the Exorcist as well and he may bring up the older flicks like Dracula and Frankenstein.  Maybe even The Day the Earth Stood Still.  He thinks that's a horror movie.

I love horror movies and I wish Syrett or Punnett was hosting.  I'll listen regardless.  Sadly.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5287 on: March 04, 2022, 10:10:09 PM »
Well, just minutes into the show Noory talks about a baby dying.

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #5288 on: March 04, 2022, 10:31:29 PM »
Well, just minutes into the show Noory talks about a baby dying.

Good call on The Exorcist. I’ll throw in a Wolfman.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5289 on: March 04, 2022, 10:52:14 PM »
It would have to be a well thought out troll, but wouldn't it be funny somebody called and mentioned a dead child, got George all interested and then the person says "boy, you sure are into dead kids, what happened that you like it so much???"
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #5290 on: March 04, 2022, 11:43:20 PM »

Amityville Horror
Psycho

Also the last 30min will be a replay from part of a past program so Noory can split early.
He will call it a "tribute" to a past guest too.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #5291 on: March 05, 2022, 12:03:37 AM »
His voice was in Alien Armageddon, as a radio announcer.  He produced a documentary about some town in Missouri.
Was that the movie that showed a gross shot of a man's chest opened up with his ribs and everything showing wide open?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #5292 on: March 05, 2022, 01:57:51 AM »
WTH?  That was the weirdest ending to a show.  I didn't hear the host say goodbye to the guest.  Didn't hear a wrap-up of the last hour(s).  The guest was speaking and when there was a slight pause the show went to a theme song.  How flipping abrupt.  Awful.  Surely there is time to thank a guest who is not paid for their time?  None of the other hosts are so obsessed with the clock.  He'll probably even die 2 minutes early.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #5293 on: March 05, 2022, 01:59:11 AM »
Did he say his daughter is/had been in the hospital?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias The Hawk
« Reply #5294 on: March 05, 2022, 02:48:36 AM »
WTH?  That was the weirdest ending to a show.  I didn't hear the host say goodbye to the guest.  Didn't hear a wrap-up of the last hour(s).  The guest was speaking and when there was a slight pause the show went to a theme song.  How flipping abrupt.  Awful.  Surely there is time to thank a guest who is not paid for their time?  None of the other hosts are so obsessed with the clock.  He'll probably even die 2 minutes early.

That guest during the last half hour was an archeologist who used to appear on Coast To Coast.  I didn't catch his name, but the fellow had died recently so George played a segment of an earlier interview as a memorial.  It also gave, as Morgus predicted above, the perfect excuse for George to be able to exit the show a half hour early.  That theme song was UFO Phil singing his song, Listening to Coast to Coast.  Phil has a dynamic personality and there is a good video of him singing the song over on YouTube.