Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851879 times)

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #6930 on: August 24, 2022, 10:40:11 PM »

i'm shook, almost called 911.  about half an hour ago I tuned in to Clyde Lewis, the voice wasn't Clyde's though, it was familiar, I listened to the voice and realized by what he was talking about, space, that it was our old friend, our friendly navigator to the stars, Dr. Sky himself. Then out of nowhere, no introduction a new voice in my ear, again familiar, the unmistakable gravelly voice of Joe from Long Island - I truly thought I had been sucked through a portal into another dimension, NooryWorld™️ and I was doomed for eternity to live among Noory and his Coast to Coast freaks.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6931 on: August 24, 2022, 11:35:03 PM »
I checked talkers. Like all terrestrial radio pretty much, C2C is seeing a railings decline 7.75 million. A few years back it was 9, if I recall.

I get the audience is mostly older and opposed to the idea. But, they should use a deeper bench of guests host. It would help expose the show to newer listeners if they would use some popular podcast host as guests host. Not sure if Noory is still taking a lot of Friday’s off, but that would be a good time. It would also help with getting new guests in the fold.
It would help if Snorway would stop snapping out questions and just get into the material with the guest, like a conversation.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #6932 on: August 24, 2022, 11:35:04 PM »
i'm shook, almost called 911.  about half an hour ago I tuned in to Clyde Lewis, the voice wasn't Clyde's though, it was familiar, I listened to the voice and realized by what he was talking about, space, that it was our old friend, our friendly navigator to the stars, Dr. Sky himself. Then out of nowhere, no introduction a new voice in my ear, again familiar, the unmistakable gravelly voice of Joe from Long Island - I truly thought I had been sucked through a portal into another dimension, NooryWorld™️ and I was doomed for eternity to live among Noory and his Coast to Coast freaks.
Walt the skeptic in PA regular caller to c2cam is another one that also calls into Clyde Lewis.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6933 on: August 24, 2022, 11:36:18 PM »
PS, that's gotta be a very old photo...
So are all of Snorway's.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6934 on: August 24, 2022, 11:39:25 PM »
I thought complimenting a white woman was sexist.
It's how you do it.  "I like that outfit on you" is good.  "That color really brings out your eyes" is nice.  "You look wonderful!", "You're so pretty!" are fine on personal time.  On work time, "I like how you handled that," is fine.

But a lot of men don't know how to compliment and just stick their foot in it by body-parting or being condescending.  Like, "Those are nice shoes," which brings to mind I know, that's why I bought them.  Or, you'd be surprised how many guys just blurt out, "You have nice _________ (fill in the blank)" which isn't going to get them anywhere.  Body-parting is a big no-no.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6935 on: August 24, 2022, 11:54:44 PM »

Noory determined to play the grooves out of his new favorite record 'Somewhere' from West Side Story.  I bet he's sprucing up his own version of it for the big Everett show. Hopefully he adds my lyrics,

The stage goes dark, a solitary spotlight shines down on the ghoulish figure center stage ...

Folks, I'm going to leave you with this, a song of hope, something we all need right now. My friend 'Cronkite's Ghost' wrote some special new lyrics. I hope you like it. Maestro please.'

I bet he has one of those old wood cabinet stereos he plays his Broadway show tune collections on.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6936 on: August 25, 2022, 12:40:52 AM »
No shitting here...  My mom had that pattern. High end name silk scarf bought in Japan. Major money in my eyes. When she died, my babies' momma wanted it back. Wish I knew the brand.

Ugly, but Christian Lacroix made a career from ugly.
I reverse-imaged searched the scarf pattern.  No exact match came up.  However, I'm sure babies' momma would love any similar silk wrap...

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6937 on: August 25, 2022, 12:44:35 AM »
Noory determined to play the grooves out of his new favorite record 'Somewhere' from West Side Story.  I bet he's sprucing up his own version of it for the big Everett show. Hopefully he adds my lyrics,

The stage goes dark, a solitary spotlight shines down on the ghoulish figure center stage ...

Folks, I'm going to leave you with this, a song of hope, something we all need right now. My friend 'Cronkite's Ghost' wrote some special new lyrics. I hope you like it. Maestro please.'

I bet he has one of those old wood cabinet stereos he plays his Broadway show tune collections on.

Yes, every man like Norry must have doilies.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6938 on: August 25, 2022, 01:59:47 AM »
Cuts the guy off 2 minutes early rather than let him finish his brief point.  Rude.  Every other host (except maybe Ian) would have let the guy finish.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6939 on: August 25, 2022, 02:00:40 PM »
Here is a fashion tip for Miss Julie.  Noory can gift you one of his doilies on his Mid-Century Modern Stereo for a beautiful all-purpose scarf.  Be sure and take lots of Pics and put them on the Coast website. 

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #6940 on: August 25, 2022, 02:13:29 PM »
Major "Doctor Doom" Ed Dames returns tonight...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6941 on: August 25, 2022, 02:24:07 PM »
Here is a fashion tip for Miss Julie.  Noory can gift you one of his doilies on his Mid-Century Modern Stereo for a beautiful all-purpose scarf.  Be sure and take lots of Pics and put them on the Coast website.
“My scarf collection continues to be an overnight powerhouse for our PremRat partners, and it’s a credit to Dave Norway’s kowtowing to me and adding to my collection,” shared Julie Talbott, Suit-in-Chief of PremRat Networks. “For what seems longer than eternity, Dave has brought idiocy and mediocrity to something I, fortunately, never listen to, and we couldn’t be happier to add this transformed doilie to my vast collection.”

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6942 on: August 25, 2022, 03:06:05 PM »
Major "Doctor Doom" Ed Dames returns tonight...

Coming soon, to a planet near you!

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #6943 on: August 25, 2022, 04:04:59 PM »
“My scarf collection continues to be an overnight powerhouse for our PremRat partners, and it’s a credit to Dave Norway’s kowtowing to me and adding to my collection,” shared Julie Talbott, Suit-in-Chief of PremRat Networks. “For what seems longer than eternity, Dave has brought idiocy and mediocrity to something I, fortunately, never listen to, and we couldn’t be happier to add this transformed doilie to my vast collection.”

The scarves hide her neck tattoo that, in Japanese characters, say "open for business."
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6944 on: August 25, 2022, 04:48:09 PM »
Dammit, this caused me to look on the upcoming show page, and I saw a couple of shows I'd actually be interested in.  Well, except its Noory and Conny.

''Second Half: Former practicing attorney David Brody began looking for evidence to confirm the legends of Atlantis, which led him to research the ancient historical evidence for pre-Columbian exploration of North America. He'll talk about the symbolism of the serpent, and snake worship going back to the ancient world.''

Snake symbolism, pre-Colombian exploration of North America... Noory...

I have not listened to a minute of the show for at least 10 years.  There have been times here and there that someone mentioned a show that had been on the night before that I thought maybe I'd have tuned in if I'd known about the guest or subject beforehand.

So I saw this was going to be on last night, and hoped to hear about ''pre-Columbian exploration of North America'', or if not maybe something interesting about Atlantis or serpent symbolism.

I listen to the first segment, Noory hadn't changed a bit, certainly hadn't improved, or even developed some new schtick.  The guest?  OMG.  This guy was a complete ass-clown.  Turns out he writes fiction, and isn't an ''expert'' or even an intelligent researcher in anything.

Apparently he's on to promote his latest novel, and sticks to snakes and snake worship in history and mythology.  I'm no expert either, but I'm at least familiar with the subject matter.  All this guy did was bring up the most superficial and lame information possible.  Not a thing anyone anywhere hasn't heard before, presented in the most boring way possible. 

Some of it was BS, some of it was popular speculation and guesswork that he passed off as fact, he jumped around history and cultures from Adam and Eve to Cleopatra to Baptist snake handlers in Appalachia is some attempt to convince us it's some universal human instinct or something.  Oh, and he hates the Catholic church - he had plenty of, heh, venom for them.

With the Snorge un-huhing the whole way through it.  Awful.  Just really terrible.  No doubt the ''novels'' are poorly written absolutely putrid drivel.  I turned it off after the first commercial.

Ok, reset the clock.  I haven't listened to C2C since Aug 24, 2022.