Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851816 times)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #7080 on: September 06, 2022, 06:42:20 PM »
Keith told the story.  He was listening one night as Art tried to tell people how to download from the BBS.  He got in touch with Art and told him about www, so Art gave him the go ahead.  Keith and Art invented the connection between radio and the internet.  After Art was picked up by Premiere, they hired Keith to develop websites for other hosts including Rush.  Art was one of if not the first streamer through the folks at broadcast.com.  And he worked with the folks who developed video streaming, too.

Art was so ahead of his time with mixing "second screen" technology with his radio program. Even his choppy web cam seem like such an innovation at the time. Hoagland pictures of mars was always a highlight but many times there were cool photos that went with the show.  It's mind blowing to think what Art would to with today's technology if he was at his peak now.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #7081 on: September 07, 2022, 01:18:15 AM »
Cornelius called in again and is still saying he is part of George "Norway's" army  :)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7082 on: September 07, 2022, 01:35:07 AM »
Cornelius called in again and is still saying he is part of George "Norway's" army  :)
Ha! What an army. With an army like that, who needs France.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7083 on: September 07, 2022, 02:22:15 AM »

i just tuned in, not much left in the show but holy shit he is so fucking bad at his job, totally inept, the few minutes I listened to were so awkward, the guest not knowing how to respond to Noory's comments and out of left field simpleton questions. Noory has such low intellectual capability that once he's finished reading the index card questions he's completely lost and out come the child like comments and questions and odd reactions/chortling.

i was thinking, if I was a billionaire media mogul who owned hundreds of radio and TV stations, I have station managers and program directors who run the stations and all I care about is are they making money so unless it's a Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern I leave the talent to others but if one night I'm in a car and decide to tune in one of the stations I own and heard what I just heard I'd be beside myself a 'What the hell is this that I'm listening to? Who is this moron and who hired him and why?'

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7084 on: September 07, 2022, 02:34:46 AM »

now the first hour is being replayed, you know who makes my skin crawl, his 'political correspondent' John Curtis. I don't agree with Howard Bloom on much because he's a NY liberal but he's knowledgeable and intelligent, Curtis sounds like a complete nutbag and he's a hysteric, so scared of Russia and China, 'we're all gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the nukes are coming' grow a pair pal.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7085 on: September 07, 2022, 02:51:32 AM »
i just tuned in, not much left in the show but holy shit he is so fucking bad at his job, totally inept, the few minutes I listened to were so awkward, the guest not knowing how to respond to Noory's comments and out of left field simpleton questions. Noory has such low intellectual capability that once he's finished reading the index card questions he's completely lost and out come the child like comments and questions and odd reactions/chortling.

i was thinking, if I was a billionaire media mogul who owned hundreds of radio and TV stations, I have station managers and program directors who run the stations and all I care about is are they making money so unless it's a Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern I leave the talent to others but if one night I'm in a car and decide to tune in one of the stations I own and heard what I just heard I'd be beside myself a 'What the hell is this that I'm listening to? Who is this moron and who hired him and why?'
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I am very pleased with the host of C2C, whom ever that might be, and I don’t really know or care as long as great supporters like Doc Wallet and Carnivora keep the bucks coming. Besides, I wouldn’t know great radio entertainment if it ran me over like a steamroller. Is my new suit from Saks here yet?”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7086 on: September 07, 2022, 03:58:42 AM »
Again he was in St. Louis and sounded energized.  Maybe not having to eat nothing but turkee sammiches with Tommee suits him. In St. Louis he can get a steak or some BBQ.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7087 on: September 07, 2022, 07:51:15 AM »

As soon as I step into the shower, I hear Corny and Walt the Satanist and internet perv.  If I'm not mistaken, I think it was the guest that even corrected the Norway reference... Thank God my shower was short
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7088 on: September 07, 2022, 09:02:28 AM »

It takes more than one person to keep Tommee's vending machines stocked.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #7089 on: September 07, 2022, 02:05:47 PM »
As soon as I step into the shower, I hear Corny and Walt the Satanist and internet perv.  If I'm not mistaken, I think it was the guest that even corrected the Norway reference... Thank God my shower was short
Yes the guest corrected Corny to say Noory instead of Norway.
Walt called in too and told Noory that he has been called the anti-christ before so he is used to it...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #7090 on: September 07, 2022, 03:02:04 PM »
Walt called in too and told Noory that he has been called the anti-christ before so he is used to it...

Haven't heard that show yet.  How did Corny and George react to the correction?  It's difficult for me to believe, as many times as Corny has talked to Tom while being screened, Tom hasn't corrected him on George's last name.  Either Tom isn't paying attention or he's let it go purposely to mess with George.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7091 on: September 07, 2022, 03:12:40 PM »
Tommy has encouraged me to say something negative about the sad pack.  I bet it's his passive aggressive self surfacing.
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #7092 on: September 07, 2022, 05:34:08 PM »
Tommy has encouraged me to say something negative about the sad pack.  I bet it's his passive aggressive self surfacing.

You should have told George on air that Tom asked you to make negative comments about the annoying regulars.  George would have shit himself, and you might have gotten Tom fired from his cushy job.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7093 on: September 07, 2022, 05:41:52 PM »
I’m waiting for Corny to call him Dave.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7094 on: September 07, 2022, 06:03:47 PM »
I’m waiting for Corny to call him Dave.
That's a great stage name... Dave Norway!
Eh, nevermind...