Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 852015 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #7110 on: September 09, 2022, 08:58:30 AM »
Unless he's called away on urgent business somewhere like Boston

With a little luck, he'll drown in one of those safe step tubs he advertised.

There are thousands of elderly people across the country who spent upwards of $16,000 for those tubs and they had a defect rate that was near 50%. It was a horrible product and he put his name on it. He puts his name on a lot of shit. He's a fucking money whore.  If he doesn't die before the show, both of them having simultaneous strokes would be the best thing that could ever happen on radio.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7111 on: September 09, 2022, 09:46:10 AM »
With a little luck, he'll drown in one of those safe step tubs he advertised.

There are thousands of elderly people across the country who spent upwards of $16,000 for those tubs and they had a defect rate that was near 50%. It was a horrible product and he put his name on it. He puts his name on a lot of shit. He's a fucking money whore.  If he doesn't die before the show, both of them having simultaneous strokes would be the best thing that could ever happen on radio.

I'm guessing this is not the outfit he wears while pitching junk to old folks

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7112 on: September 09, 2022, 10:06:08 AM »
;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LOL!  ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #7113 on: September 09, 2022, 01:44:58 PM »
The folks over at GLP say that the Coast to Coast AM Youtube channel has been taken down. I didn't even know they had one.  ;D
Yeah the c2cam youtube channel went away a few weeks ago.
Reportedly Noory mentioned it was being retooled or something.
But more likely Noory or the PremRat realized it was taking away profit from their "Coast Insiders" pay subscription service?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7114 on: September 09, 2022, 02:26:35 PM »
Yeah the c2cam youtube channel went away a few weeks ago.
Reportedly Noory mentioned it was being retooled or something.
But more likely Noory or the PremRat realized it was taking away profit from their "Coast Insiders" pay subscription service?
I was speculating the same thing, a few posts back. It’s usually a case of “follow the money.”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7115 on: September 09, 2022, 02:46:31 PM »
I am still hoping it was because of medical advice TOS violations...
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7116 on: September 10, 2022, 12:24:53 AM »
We may have a new sad pack member...

A woman from Kansas claimed tonight, on the first time caller line with Ian hosting, that she introduced Murray the K to The Beatles music.

She said she spent $200 on a long distance call to New York's Murray the K telling him to turn on the BBC and listen to the Beatles. This is a sad pack candidate! She could join Cleopatra for the tall tales portion of the group.

Oh, she also said in 1968 she was accepted to Juilliard. Now she can't do anything because she had a stroke or something, so no internet stuff just calling on the phone.
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #7117 on: September 10, 2022, 07:42:01 AM »
We may have a new sad pack member...

A woman from Kansas claimed tonight, on the first time caller line with Ian hosting, that she introduced Murray the K to The Beatles music.

She said she spent $200 on a long distance call to New York's Murray the K telling him to turn on the BBC and listen to the Beatles. This is a sad pack candidate! She could join Cleopatra for the tall tales portion of the group.

Oh, she also said in 1968 she was accepted to Juilliard. Now she can't do anything because she had a stroke or something, so no internet stuff just calling on the phone.

Sorry to say, the new/first time callers being welcomed at the expense of the tedious regulars are no better than those they are replacing.  I'd much rather hear Walt pining for Connie than Kansas girl taking credit for America discovering the Beatles.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7118 on: September 10, 2022, 01:51:13 PM »

There was a teenage girl who is given credit for her part in sparking Beatlemania in America. The Beatles had become a phenomena in Britain during 1963, Capitol Records in the US were a subsidiary of EMI the Beatles record company and refused to take them on so the early Beatles singles were released by smaller American companies and where radio stations did play them the response was very lukewarm. This 15 year old girl saw a news report on the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite about Beatlemania in the UK and she wrote a letter to a DJ in Washington asking 'Why can't we get great music like this?', the DJ had a friend working for British Airlines and asked him to get a stewardess to bring some Beatles records for him. I think it was 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' she delivered to him, he was the only person in America to have the record which had just been released in England, he played it on the air,  the station switchboard lit up like a Christmas tree and it spread like wildfire - lots of other factors including the assassination of JFK which had really cast a pall over the country and teenagers were ready to break out of this national mourning thing it was going through.

I missed out on Beatlemania, my sisters were little but even little kids got caught up in it - we had some cool Beatles memorabilia, the Beatles completely got ripped off, didnt make a dime off the Beatles merchandise.

All I could think about listening to Punnett interview Peter Asher was what if Noory was in the host's chair.

George Noory: Do you think the Beatles will ever get back together?

Peter Asher: uh ... John and George are dead so ...

George Noory: that's true. maybe they could do a hologram of them

Peter Asher: um .... yeah

George Noory: You produced a lot of hit records for music stars like James Taylor and Linda Ronstadt. Did you ever work with Pat Boone? He's a friend of ours.

Peter Asher: No unfortunately I never had the ... uh ... opportunity.

George Noory: What about Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top, Billy listens to our show.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7119 on: September 10, 2022, 01:57:37 PM »
God, I can hear sNoory saying that... Verbatim.

@CronkitesGhost, I am concerned that you may have taken on the same evil spirits possessing Norway, apathy and little tiny mindedness. You did that too well.

Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7120 on: September 10, 2022, 03:04:17 PM »
There was a teenage girl who is given credit for her part in sparking Beatlemania in America. The Beatles had become a phenomena in Britain during 1963, Capitol Records in the US were a subsidiary of EMI the Beatles record company and refused to take them on so the early Beatles singles were released by smaller American companies and where radio stations did play them the response was very lukewarm. This 15 year old girl saw a news report on the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite about Beatlemania in the UK and she wrote a letter to a DJ in Washington asking 'Why can't we get great music like this?', the DJ had a friend working for British Airlines and asked him to get a stewardess to bring some Beatles records for him. I think it was 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' she delivered to him, he was the only person in America to have the record which had just been released in England, he played it on the air,  the station switchboard lit up like a Christmas tree and it spread like wildfire - lots of other factors including the assassination of JFK which had really cast a pall over the country and teenagers were ready to break out of this national mourning thing it was going through.

I missed out on Beatlemania, my sisters were little but even little kids got caught up in it - we had some cool Beatles memorabilia, the Beatles completely got ripped off, didnt make a dime off the Beatles merchandise.

All I could think about listening to Punnett interview Peter Asher was what if Noory was in the host's chair.

George Noory: Do you think the Beatles will ever get back together?

Peter Asher: uh ... John and George are dead so ...

George : that's true. maybe they could do a hologram of them

Peter Asher: um .... yeah

George Noory: You produced a lot of hit records for music stars like James Taylor and Linda Ronstadt. Did you ever work with Pat Boone? He's a friend of ours.

Peter Asher: No unfortunately I never had the ... uh ... opportunity.

George Noory: What about Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top, Billy listens to our show.
Ha! If Ms. Julie ever needs a Jorch clone, step up to the bat. ;)  ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7121 on: September 11, 2022, 12:49:22 AM »
I don't love Ian. He does some music stuff I've liked...  Tonight's True Crime guest is quite listenable.
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7122 on: September 11, 2022, 01:41:17 AM »

I like true crime a lot but as usual Ian hogs the interview - i'd say 70% of the conversation has been Ian's voice. He's trying so hard to force his definition of what is 'true crime' and what isn't, talking in circles.

Hell of a lot better than Noory but he does bloviate like few others.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7123 on: September 11, 2022, 03:27:38 AM »
... He's trying so hard to force his definition of what is 'true crime' and what isn't...

And the guest and callers better not dispute it, lol

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7124 on: September 11, 2022, 04:18:06 AM »

… Hell of a lot better than Noory but he does bloviate like few others.
Yes, indeed. Also better than Chuckles the Hustler but you have to be able to tolerate dough boy Punnett lecturing away, trying to show he’s the smartest kid in the class. Syrett is about the only host I can tolerate, anymore.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎