Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851725 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #7680 on: November 09, 2022, 01:12:56 AM »
Wait, Noory is considered a radio star?
In his head, he is.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #7681 on: November 09, 2022, 02:27:02 AM »
I just mean someone who broadcasts on public radio stations, for which the listener needs no subscription & very little equipment, just a radio or other device.  Everyone can afford radio & it's available almost everywhere.  Those performers, to me, are stars.  I guess syndicated is the word, not sure.  I tried Delilah and she's fine.  But the topics just didn't interest me much.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7682 on: November 09, 2022, 03:05:29 AM »

Mark Shaw again, the same shit over and over again. His obsession with Dorothy Kilgallen is creeeeeeeeepy, he says Dorothy is guiding him. His stories are interesting and sound like there is some truth to them. Has there ever been a feature film about Dorothy Kilgallen?

and he's going to on yet again on November 23rd for a show on JFK. What's his theory, that Dorothy knew too much about the Kennedy assassination and the Mob or CIA/FBI bumped her off before she could go public?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #7683 on: November 09, 2022, 03:38:16 AM »
Mark Shaw again, the same shit over and over again. His obsession with Dorothy Kilgallen is creeeeeeeeepy, he says Dorothy is guiding him. His stories are interesting and sound like there is some truth to them. Has there ever been a feature film about Dorothy Kilgallen?

and he's going to on yet again on November 23rd for a show on JFK. What's his theory, that Dorothy knew too much about the Kennedy assassination and the Mob or CIA/FBI bumped her off before she could go public?
I'm pretty sure that's what he was getting at.  And during prior shows, too.  Interesting now that you mention it.  He didn't come right out and say it at all did he.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7684 on: November 09, 2022, 09:54:28 AM »
Sheena Easton sings/sang a LOT of great songs.  I had a cassette of them that I listened to constantly from 1983-1986.  It was made for me by my first boyfriend, and "first boyfriend" means a lot.  I loved it.  It was very upbeat.  It did not have this crappy song on it.

Before she had you, your mom looked like this, too, George.

I have heard a few times that some of the things that I prepared for ladies have been kept. The kids of one of my exes was clearing out her house after she died and they tracked me down to tell me how she even kept a tape player so she could listen to my collection. Not just mixtapes, some of my original songs were on a tape as well.

I went through a phase when I started having health issues and I started getting rid of those things that I kept.
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7685 on: November 09, 2022, 10:26:05 AM »
What a great Coast Noory moment just occurred. His second guest is a journalist/historian who researches Great Lakes shipwrecks including the famous Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. The guest is from Michigan, Noory's neck of the woods growing up. So as usual Noory reaches a point where he has nothing ready to ask about the current subject matter so goes off the board and just shits out a non-sequitur of a question. He asks the guest about a radio station in Flint, Michigan. The guest told Noory he actually worked at the station at one time as a news reporter. Noory replied 'Great station. I tried to get into the Flint market but couldn't do it so I went into the TV news industry as an executive and climbed up the ladder.'  The guest was amused and told Noory 'Yes, we were all ASTONISHED that you climbed the ladder.'

lol a whole industry in Michigan knew Noory for the loser he is, so much so that the only reaction to Noory having any success in radio is ASTONISHMENT.

I've only contacted Noory once. I suggested long time Detroit weatherman Sonny Eliot as a guest. Eliot would mix silly jokes and antics with the forecast and was on Detroit local television for decades. He would merge two weather conditions into a single word in his forecast. "Tomorrow will be hot and muggy for a combination of huggy weather".  He often would work in a number of small, obscure towns into the forecast and I learned a great deal about Michigan geography by watching him. He also had a squeaker in the Keweenaw Peninsula on his Michigan map that he would remove and give it a little squeak which sounds silly but it worked well in his schtick.  After he got too old for TV, he moved over to one of the local radio stations and did his act there up into his 90's.

He was born Marvin Eliot Schlossberg and joined the Army Air Corp the day after Pearl Harbor. He became a B-24 pilot and on his 16th mission over Germany his plane was shot down.  He had to fly the plane until the crew bailed out, so he got separated from them after he jumped.  Figuring that the Germans may not be too thrilled with a Jewish bomber pilot, he ditched all his identification and became Sonny Eliot, whom was Lutheran.  The Germans figured out his identity soon enough but he was not mistreated. He ended up in the same Stalag POW camp as actor Donald Pleasance and some of the people the characters in the Great Escape were modeled after.

Figured that he would be a pretty good guest to interview so I sent an email to Noory.  "Sonny is a GREAT friend of mine" was the response.  Not great enough to bring him on for an hour or so and ask about his fascinating life. Wonder if he tried and Sonny told him to take a hike?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7686 on: November 09, 2022, 11:30:20 AM »

…Figured that he would be a pretty good guest to interview so I sent an email to Noory.  "Sonny is a GREAT friend of mine" was the response…
Once again, Noory always makes it about him.  Not “Sonny is great!” Not “A great idea. Sonny is very talented.”

Nope. He might as well said “Sonny should feel fortunate to know me, the GREAT Dave Norway.”  ::)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #7687 on: November 09, 2022, 05:46:04 PM »
Noory's guest tonight Mark Shaw has been on c2c a bunch of times already this year.
He said he is back on in 2 weeks for Noory's annual JFK show too...

I read Shaw's book on Kilgallen soon after his first appearance on C2C.  It was the worst editing job I've ever read, an endless do loop of unsubstantiated claims use to support other unsubstantiated claims that eventually lead back to the original unsubstantiated claims.  Properly edited, it would have been a 2000 word magazine article.

I get a chuckle hearing him claim he can't get district attorneys and prosecutors to reopen/reinvestigate the Kilgallen case.  What elected public official is going to face voters and admit he spent tax dollars to reinvestigate a 50+ year old case based on information received from the ghost of the "victim?"

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #7688 on: November 10, 2022, 01:28:38 AM »
I have heard a few times that some of the things that I prepared for ladies have been kept. The kids of one of my exes was clearing out her house after she died and they tracked me down to tell me how she even kept a tape player so she could listen to my collection. Not just mixtapes, some of my original songs were on a tape as well.

I went through a phase when I started having health issues and I started getting rid of those things that I kept.
That's great!  All Snorway ever sent me was a fan club photo of him with the wrong fan's name on it.  As a matter of fact, I think it said Karen, ew.  What a creep.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7689 on: November 10, 2022, 02:35:02 AM »
That's great!  All Snorway ever sent me was a fan club photo of him with the wrong fan's name on it.  As a matter of fact, I think it said Karen, ew.  What a creep.

The one Tommy got said Brian on it.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7690 on: November 10, 2022, 05:46:32 AM »
The one Tommy got said Brian on it.
Ha, ha, ha. Mine just had this scrawled on it.

“Did you know I was in the Navy?”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #7691 on: November 12, 2022, 05:39:21 PM »
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2022-11-14-show/
I see that Richard  hoagland is back on C2Cam with George Snoory. I thought that they had a falling out. Why is Hoagland back on C2Cam??
@Morgus @GravitySucks @sean92008 @KSM

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7692 on: November 12, 2022, 06:11:03 PM »
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2022-11-14-show/
I see that Richard  hoagland is back on C2Cam with George Snoory. I thought that they had a falling out. Why is Hoagland back on C2Cam??
@Morgus @GravitySucks @sean92008 @KSM
He’s been on before, since he and Noory appeared to have a reconciliation of sort. Here’s the most recent appearance with Snorge.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2022-06-16-show/

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7693 on: November 12, 2022, 06:15:03 PM »
Why can't George be a nice man?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7694 on: November 12, 2022, 06:24:15 PM »