Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 852674 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #8250 on: January 07, 2023, 01:10:02 AM »
There are styles worse than Snorway's...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8251 on: January 08, 2023, 11:54:13 PM »
lol another one of Syrett's classic Canadian music bumpers by artists that Canadians don't even listen to.

commercial ends and I'm instantly taken away to somewhere north of the 49th parallel by a Gordon Lightfoot imitator singing a Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald sounding dirge in the dark about what else - THE SKATIN' RINK ...... OH THE SKATIN' RINK MAKES ME THINK OF SUMMERS ON THE LAKE BUT IT'S WINTER NOW AND THE MUSIC PLAYS AT THE SKATIN' RINK WHERE MY DREAMS HAVE COME TO DIE .......... OH SKATIN' RINK THE STARS ARE LOOKING DOWN

and then Richard in his very polite quiet Canadian speak

'That was David Francy, one of Canada's most accomplished tunesmiths, the winner of many Juno Awards, those are like the Grammys but only for Canadians, singing about The Skating Rink, near and dear to my heart, the backyard skating rink is ready to go weather permitting. David is from Elf Island, north east of my studio in Old Thornhill just north of Toronto.'

I'm pretty sure that literally anybody who owns a guitar in Canada has won one of those Juno Awards.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8252 on: January 09, 2023, 12:35:52 AM »
i had to go google the actual lyrics to the ol' Skatin' Rink song. 

And the music from the skating rink
drifts across the town.
And the stars of heaven high above
forever looking down.
And I'm standing looking upward
and I'm listing to the sound
of the village in the lonely heart of winter.

he can't seem to decide whether it's a town or a village.

;D

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #8253 on: January 09, 2023, 06:44:31 AM »

…and then Richard in his very polite quiet Canadian speak

'That was David Francy, one of Canada's most accomplished tunesmiths, the winner of many Juno Awards, those are like the Grammys but only for Canadians, singing about The Skating Rink, near and dear to my heart, the backyard skating rink is ready to go weather permitting. David is from Elf Island, north east of my studio in Old Thornhill just north of Toronto.'

Ha! One of those tear-jerking classics that rips your heart out. ;)  ;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8254 on: January 09, 2023, 01:35:38 PM »

haha no, Bob and Doug would be listening to RUSH, BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE and TRIUMPH, this shit Syrett plays is all scraggly bearded pretentious hippy folk music. Bob and Doug would throw beer bottles at Syrett's 'tunesmiths'.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8255 on: January 11, 2023, 12:51:53 AM »
this bumper perked my interest, when it began I thought it was 'King of the Road' which I have always loved, then when the singer began singing words I realized it wasn't King of the Road and the singing style sounded like a countrified parody of Dean Martin

what a fine piece of cheese this is, no idea how it eluded me my entire lifetime, it's a bit before my time but I still usually know most popular songs from the 60s

hilarious, he does a Bobby Bittman move at the beginning

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #8256 on: January 11, 2023, 05:37:18 AM »
this bumper perked my interest, when it began I thought it was 'King of the Road' which I have always loved, then when the singer began singing words I realized it wasn't King of the Road and the singing style sounded like a countrified parody of Dean Martin

what a fine piece of cheese this is, no idea how it eluded me my entire lifetime, it's a bit before my time but I still usually know most popular songs from the 60s

hilarious, he does a Bobby Bittman move at the beginning

Oh, yeah. Dino!

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #8257 on: January 11, 2023, 11:46:53 PM »
Jeremy just called in again always starting telling exactly how long ago since his accident in years months and days that left him in a coma.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8258 on: January 12, 2023, 12:23:21 AM »

Noory now tells his guests at the end of their appearances that they are welcome to book themselves whenever they want, just give Tommy a call. Lazy fuckers.

He's now resorting to having 'students' of his deceased crackpot guests on, he spends the first 5 minutes awkwardly paying homage to the deceased crackpot 'He was really quite a visionary wasn't he huh?' or 'I wonder if he's listening on the other side or something (chortle) what do you think?' 'We really miss her, she was one of the best at talking to dead animals I think. Great guest.' A middle school Halloween dance has less awkwardness than this mess.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #8259 on: January 12, 2023, 12:36:52 AM »
Too bad Jeremy's accident didn't take away his ability to speak.
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8260 on: January 12, 2023, 02:19:31 AM »

The guests and the host and producer are just gross, awful human beings who should be in jail for fraud. The second guest is another delusional dingbat, though I'm not sure if she's delusional or just a rub of the mill con artist, she does hypnotism. An older guy calls in, he had a stroke in 2020, totally paralyzed on his left side, asks if hypnotism might help him walk etc again. Of course the fraudster says it can - Noory the confederate interjects with one of his idiotic 'questions',  'How will you DE-STROKE him?' Grown ass man makes up a word like a 5 year old. The fraudster explains that hypnotism can cure him, 5 hour session, but then like the charlatan she is she covers her ass, says she as the hypnotist will not be curing him, he will cure himself under hypnosis, of course that means she is not responsible and she will not be refunding whatever she charges for her services, adding that it might be that the man doesn't want to be healed, that he subconsciously needs to remain paralyzed for some reason, she suggested 'personal growth'.

Noory allows these scams to go on, god knows how many hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions Coast listeners have lost to these predators thanks to Noory giving them legitimacy.

At the end of the segment the hypnotist tells Noory she'll be seeing him at some snake oil conference in February, she's a multi-threat fraudster, she won't be talking about hypnotism at the conference, she'll be speaking about The Secrets of the Sphinx. 

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #8261 on: January 12, 2023, 05:08:26 AM »
…’We really miss her, she was one of the best at talking to dead animals I think. Great guest.'
Heh, heh, heh.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #8262 on: January 12, 2023, 05:12:33 AM »
Jeremy just called in again always starting telling exactly how long ago since his accident in years months and days that left him in a coma.
I’m starting to think I’ve been in a coma since sNoory showed up. A non-stop nightmare of boobery.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #8263 on: January 12, 2023, 06:53:50 AM »
I'm sure all of those regular snake oil salesmen gas have had the legal teams advise them on what they can or cannot say in order to avoid being shut down by the FDA, EPA or whoever else might have jurisdiction over their supplements... Maybe the solution is to start going after the small timers like the hypnotist loser to bring attention that the show is doing this stuff.

It is predatory though, having numerous guests who spew bullshit, that is a concerted predatory effort.

I must wonder if there are state laws that are more prohibitive than FCC stuff. Maybe targeting states that he shouldn't be on the air with, dig into his overall audience.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #8264 on: January 12, 2023, 07:04:23 AM »
I'm sure all of those regular snake oil salesmen gas have had the legal teams advise them on what they can or cannot say in order to avoid being shut down by the FDA, EPA or whoever else might have jurisdiction over their supplements... Maybe the solution is to start going after the small timers like the hypnotist loser to bring attention that the show is doing this stuff.

It is predatory though, having numerous guests who spew bullshit, that is a concerted predatory effort.

I must wonder if there are state laws that are more prohibitive than FCC stuff. Maybe targeting states that he shouldn't be on the air with dig into his audience.
Speaking of, a question for CronkitesGhost. Did you ever hear anything back from the Feds about your complaint over Doc Wallet and Noory, other than a stock confirmation of the receipt of your submission?
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎