Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 853095 times)

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #9180 on: July 08, 2023, 12:48:19 AM »
Did Noory just say he owns several Lexus? Maybe he meant owned.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9181 on: July 08, 2023, 07:30:45 AM »
Did Noory just say he owns several Lexus? Maybe he meant owned.
But he only has some of them.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9182 on: July 09, 2023, 10:44:21 AM »
Cornelius called in again - recommending Noory have Trump and Cornel West on.
Noory asked him if he would call in if Trump was on and he said yes and he would ask for a pardon again.

Listened to this show this morning, one of the more entertaining open lines in a while.  Just before Cornelius, a guy called in to announce he was running for President.  Corny publicly thanked Trump for personally writing a letter to his Dad, then he and George did a rundown of the regulars who've gone MIA.  A birdwatcher described the angel he saw during a tornado, then told George anyone he wrote a song about died. The next guy went into great detail defining the Antichrist/mark of the beast, which of course George found to be an "interesting take."

The "Christ was a vegan/animal rights activist" guy called, telling us "animal agriculture is the Antichrist, followed by Eric the Mind Control guy who explained to us if we smell something foul around our house, it means you were visited by BEKs. One of the final callers was an old gal who went on a rant about atheists.

Two hours of laugh out loud radio.  Thanks George.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9183 on: July 12, 2023, 12:09:58 AM »
Noory had his "buddy" 89 year old Pat Boone on for a few minutes tonight.
He played a little bit of Pat's new song "Grits" and Noory promised to end the show tonight he would play the whole song!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #9184 on: July 12, 2023, 12:16:51 AM »
Listened to this show this morning, one of the more entertaining open lines in a while.  Just before Cornelius, a guy called in to announce he was running for President.  Corny publicly thanked Trump for personally writing a letter to his Dad, then he and George did a rundown of the regulars who've gone MIA.  A birdwatcher described the angel he saw during a tornado, then told George anyone he wrote a song about died. The next guy went into great detail defining the Antichrist/mark of the beast, which of course George found to be an "interesting take."

The "Christ was a vegan/animal rights activist" guy called, telling us "animal agriculture is the Antichrist, followed by Eric the Mind Control guy who explained to us if we smell something foul around our house, it means you were visited by BEKs. One of the final callers was an old gal who went on a rant about atheists.

Two hours of laugh out loud radio.  Thanks George.

I am curious if I remember any of the deadies.  That one guy, with his provisions, died. They still play his ad.

Those others... Off the rails sad pack.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9185 on: July 12, 2023, 12:22:41 AM »
Now with his second guest tonight, Noory is remembering tv shows he watched as a kid, including Capt Kangaroo and Tom Terrific.  He hummed the theme song of Capt Kangaroo and the guest remembered she liked Felix the Cat...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9186 on: July 12, 2023, 12:26:23 AM »
I am curious if I remember any of the deadies.  That one guy, with his provisions, died. They still play his ad.

Noory recently mentioned several of the old regular callers that have died or he suspects may have died.
That guy who is still played on the Coast Insiders ad was "Buck", Noory mentioned that is because he requested they keep playing his recorded message even after he was gone.
Noory mentioned Bill the AAA guy, who he only learned had died a year afterwards after someone emailed him the online obituary that was found.
Noory suspects Louise (the reincarnated Cleopatra) might be gone too since she hasn't called in for quite sometime now.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #9187 on: July 12, 2023, 12:29:08 AM »

That was Buck from West Virginia. Playing his ad in perpetuity supposedly his dying wish. Poor blind Cleopatra Louise has not been heard from in a long while.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9188 on: July 12, 2023, 01:26:37 AM »
Noory's guest told she was into belly dancing and figured he knew about it since he was Lebanese!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #9189 on: July 12, 2023, 03:59:07 AM »
It was me who emailed George about Bill the AAA after it was mentioned by someone here.  George really sounds old.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #9190 on: July 12, 2023, 04:05:38 AM »
It wouldn't take much to call her... Of course, it might be that George was burned by caring for listeners after sending money to that fat guy in Martinez, California.

Was she butthurt by Ian?

If you talked to Art, you'll end up being heard repeatedly 27 years later on U7 Radio or through playback of a file on @KSM's hard drive.

Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9191 on: July 12, 2023, 05:02:45 AM »

Mentioned were Jeff from Culver City, Charles from Elgin, TX, and the "other" Bill, the old guy who always talked about the Finnish language.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #9192 on: July 12, 2023, 06:21:08 AM »
George really sounds old.

Yeah, I don't get it. I want to retire so bad and I am still so far away.  Some of these Mother's seem to hang around forever.  The other week it was "Geraldo Rivera out a Fox News".   Why the hell was he still in? Dude is 80 years old. Hang it up and enjoy life.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9193 on: July 12, 2023, 07:29:10 AM »
Yeah, I don't get it. I want to retire so bad and I am still so far away.  Some of these Mother's seem to hang around forever.  The other week it was "Geraldo Rivera out a Fox News".   Why the hell was he still in? Dude is 80 years old. Hang it up and enjoy life.

I've seen a number of people who cling to their jobs/businesses/careers well past the time to retire.  Many, like Norry, never took much time off during their lives either.  I think they'd be completely lost with all that time on their hands, I'm guessing because they have few outside interests.

It's sad - at one of my first jobs the founding partner was in his 80s and still came to the office every day and put in full day's work.  A friend who worked there once commented that ''he really missed the boat''.

Retirement doesn't have to mean sitting around in a rocking chair all day - my long-time auto mechanic recently retired, a Chinese guy in his early 60s he told me he was going to teach Chinese kids a little about traditional Chinese culture a few times a week at one of the after-school programs.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9194 on: July 12, 2023, 08:25:53 AM »
It wouldn't take much to call her... Of course, it might be that George was burned by caring for listeners after sending money to that fat guy in Martinez, California.

Was she butthurt by Ian?

If you talked to Art, you'll end up being heard repeatedly 27 years later on U7 Radio or through playback of a file on @KSM's hard drive.
:D ;D  True Dat! #U7KSM