Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851360 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #9450 on: September 12, 2023, 02:40:29 PM »
Great question...

Text Tommy and ask (818) 298-6521...  Who knows, they might read that one on the air because it is a good question.

Don't let that get to your head now!!!
😁😁😁

Being that the Somewhere in Time series has that cutesy date limitation, they might only have three or four episodes for any particular date available considering that Art didn't really stick around long enough.

I would think that the vault would be just filling in the gaps. Considering that the sound quality is going to be considerably better, plus they will give you the actual date. It might be worth just downloading everything and then going back and picking out the duplicate shows that are lower quality.

Wouldn't it be great if there was an audio file duplicator search that could listen to the first 2 minutes of each show and pick out any duplicates??? I know that there is an image search that can pick out dupes, but with audio sources varying in quality and file size, the algorithm will have to be much more robust.
Interesting. In the vault there are 73 (maybe 76) pages, each of which contains 9-12 shows. This puts us somewhere between 800-900 shows, again not all pages have 12. I haven't taken the time to look at the SIT category. I will. I wonder if between the two there are any doubles, or perhaps each the Vault and SIT are complete with their own content. If so this may mean that they have every single Art show on the site... I am not optimistic though.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #9451 on: September 12, 2023, 02:56:22 PM »
Interesting. In the vault there are 73 (maybe 76) pages, each of which contains 9-12 shows. This puts us somewhere between 800-900 shows, again not all pages have 12. I haven't taken the time to look at the SIT category. I will. I wonder if between the two there are any doubles, or perhaps each the Vault and SIT are complete with their own content. If so this may mean that they have every single Art show on the site... I am not optimistic though.

The vault supposedly kept the stingers and bumpers, etc.  SiT has the bumpers, but kills the promo bits.

Let's just say 230 new shows a year... 2 weeks vacation, sickness, power outages and odd stuff...

Dreamland accounted for probably around 50 pre-taped shows a year too, depending on holidays for the short time he did that.

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9452 on: September 12, 2023, 04:32:06 PM »
The vault supposedly kept the stingers and bumpers, etc.  SiT has the bumpers, but kills the promo bits.

It's got to be more than that. Really? Hmph.

Was reminded earlier while looking around the vault section of one of my favorites from Dec 26 03, The Importance Of Mars.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9453 on: September 12, 2023, 04:42:28 PM »
I read somewhere today that unscreened calls ended in 2006. Was that only for Art? I don't see George sNoory ever taking on screened calls going back to when he first began.
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9454 on: September 13, 2023, 10:36:26 PM »

He takes so much pleasure in talking about other people's tragedies, the creepier and more macabre the better. He did a news story that's been all over the internet today about a 14 year old boy who presented with 'flu like symptoms'. The poor kid was flown to 2 different hospitals in worsening condition, diagnosed with pneumonia and septic streptococcal whatever spreading through his body, Noory is orgasming as he is reading breathlessly, then the climax, the 14 year old boy had his hands and feet amputated, Noory completely spent taking a drag on a post coital cigarette lets out a 'JEEESH!'

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9455 on: September 14, 2023, 12:32:27 AM »

... and he felt the need to tell his first guest about his compulsion to give money to street people, in his own words '5 bucks, or 20 bucks, I just give it to them. I don't do it expecting any gain for myself. But then I'll go to the Post Office and there's a $1,500 check from an insurance company or something.'

he's told this story a hundred times.

on to the 2nd guest, who he asked the SAME question THREE times. He also couldn't pronounce the word 'dystopian' when he read it off the notes for the guest. no doubt it was the first time he'd even bothered to look at the notes somebody prepared for him.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9456 on: September 14, 2023, 01:07:50 AM »
I don't like RedEye Radio, but I listened to them until I started my nightly U7 stream.

Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9457 on: September 14, 2023, 01:11:29 AM »
... on to the 2nd guest, who he asked the SAME question THREE times. He also couldn't pronounce the word 'dystopian' when he read it off the notes for the guest. no doubt it was the first time he'd even bothered to look at the notes somebody prepared for him.

The people who write those notes know that, and enjoy pranking him with new words he won't be able to read.

Of course he never would, but if he looked it up he'd be pleased to learn his own show is dystopian.  ''Gowrsh Tommee, look at this...''

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9458 on: September 14, 2023, 01:13:57 AM »
He takes so much pleasure in talking about other people's tragedies, the creepier and more macabre the better...

Ma Noory likes it too.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9459 on: September 14, 2023, 01:45:32 AM »
I don't like RedEye Radio, but I listened to them until I started my nightly U7 stream.

i don't know who is who by name but one guy is much more annoying than the other, he laughs like a retard at his own 'humor' and tells the most boring stories about his life and jobs he had 40 years ago. He also thinks he's an economist and repeatedly makes the claim to their audience that him and his broadcasting partner 'told you this long ago' 'we've always said'. almost everything that comes out of their mouths comes from conservative media types they follow, especially Jonathan Turley.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9460 on: September 14, 2023, 07:24:26 AM »
He takes so much pleasure in talking about other people's tragedies, the creepier and more macabre the better. He did a news story that's been all over the internet today about a 14 year old boy who presented with 'flu like symptoms'. The poor kid was flown to 2 different hospitals in worsening condition, diagnosed with pneumonia and septic streptococcal whatever spreading through his body, Noory is orgasming as he is reading breathlessly, then the climax, the 14 year old boy had his hands and feet amputated, Noory completely spent taking a drag on a post coital cigarette lets out a 'JEEESH!'

One good prank would be to call in, tell Tommee you have a sad story about some tragedy involving kids and zoo animals, and tell Tommee a concise version he knows George will want to hear.

When you get on with George, change it to a long boring endless story and see how long he lets you go before hanging up (''sorry George, I'm a little nervous but I'm getting to the good part...'').

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9461 on: September 14, 2023, 10:06:04 AM »
i don't know who is who by name but one guy is much more annoying than the other, he laughs like a retard at his own 'humor' and tells the most boring stories about his life and jobs he had 40 years ago. He also thinks he's an economist and repeatedly makes the claim to their audience that him and his broadcasting partner 'told you this long ago' 'we've always said'. almost everything that comes out of their mouths comes from conservative media types they follow, especially Jonathan Turley.
I like Turley in small doses.

One good prank would be to call in, tell Tommee you have a sad story about some tragedy involving kids and zoo animals, and tell Tommee a concise version he knows George will want to hear.

When you get on with George, change it to a long boring endless story and see how long he lets you go before hanging up (''sorry George, I'm a little nervous but I'm getting to the good part...'').
Bait and switch! Do it!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9462 on: September 14, 2023, 05:09:06 PM »
... Bait and switch! Do it!

Not me, it would mean listening to the show.

It would have to be done so at least the first 20-30 seconds was about the same as what was said to Tommee so it doesn't get dumped right away.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9463 on: September 15, 2023, 12:03:04 AM »

Cornelius announced he is taking a leave of absence for a month to a month and a half. Noory always the sensitive sort.

George: Where ya going?

Cornelius: I have to take care of some things.

George: You don't have to tell us.

so if he isn't lying where do we think Cornelius is going? Hospital? Jail? Homeless shelter?

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9464 on: September 15, 2023, 12:06:19 AM »
"I, Cornelius White, hereby bequeath all my guns, gold, Bible, bullets and beans to my friend Tommy Danheiser."