Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851902 times)

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #9735 on: November 21, 2023, 11:00:42 PM »
Such a clown. He does his little newscast at the top of the show. This is a man who relentlessly forces upon his audience an endless parade of nutbags and charlatans claiming they can talk to the dead finds a news story about a new study that investigated people who claim they are mediums, clairvoyants etc who communicate with the dead.

Noory in his Walter Cronkite anchorman voice 'And while the study didn't find any evidence to support the ability to communicate with the dead, the researchers said it's worthy of further study.' and then followed up with a very smug 'HOW ABOUT THAT!' As if the study had actually lent credence to the bullshit his guest loony tunes spew.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9736 on: November 21, 2023, 11:12:10 PM »
Such a clown. He does his little newscast at the top of the show. This is a man who relentlessly forces upon his audience an endless parade of nutbags and charlatans claiming they can talk to the dead finds a news story about a new study that investigated people who claim they are mediums, clairvoyants etc who communicate with the dead.

Noory in his Walter Cronkite anchorman voice 'And while the study didn't find any evidence to support the ability to communicate with the dead, the researchers said it's worthy of further study.' and then followed up with a very smug 'HOW ABOUT THAT!' As if the study had actually lent credence to the bullshit his guest loony tunes spew.

Has he solemly told the audience about all the shutins and how he'll be there for them this Thanksgiving?

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9737 on: November 21, 2023, 11:16:22 PM »
Has he solemly told the audience about all the shutins and how he'll be there for them this Thanksgiving?
He reminded listeners of that last week...
His special guest on Thanksgiving night - Doc Wallet and his 2 hour infomercial!

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9738 on: November 22, 2023, 12:15:57 AM »

If Noory was an honest person he'd tell the audience on Thanksgiving something like this

'Folks, I wanted to tell you on Thanksgiving how much I personally have to be thankful for. Nobody that I can think of and probably you can't either, has received as much for doing so little as I have. It's truly remarkable.'

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9739 on: November 22, 2023, 07:15:37 AM »
Last night's guest, the demographics guy, is one of a handful of C2C guests who always provides a quality show INSPITE of George and his inane questions/comments.  Not sure I buy some of his observations and predictions, but he he's always interesting.  I'd like to hear Ian interview him.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9740 on: November 22, 2023, 04:16:47 PM »
Last night's guest, the demographics guy, is one of a handful of C2C guests who always provides a quality show INSPITE of George and his inane questions/comments.  Not sure I buy some of his observations and predictions, but he he's always interesting.  I'd like to hear Ian interview him.

Not demographics but generational cycles, from the author of The Fourth Turning (1997) this (July 2023) is updated and focused on the fairly immediate future.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #9741 on: November 22, 2023, 06:54:48 PM »
Not demographics but generational cycles, from the author of The Fourth Turning (1997) this (July 2023) is updated and focused on the fairly immediate future.

Generation labels are the biggest hoaxes in the demographics racket. The oldest X'er and the youngest Boomer have more in common with each other than they do with the extremes of their assigned generations, and it really hits home when you realize that the oldest Boomers could be the youngest Boomers parents.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9742 on: November 22, 2023, 08:18:53 PM »
Generation labels are the biggest hoaxes in the demographics racket. The oldest X'er and the youngest Boomer have more in common with each other than they do with the extremes of their assigned generations, and it really hits home when you realize that the oldest Boomers could be the youngest Boomers parents.

A friend is insisting I read it.  Sounds fishy to me too.

Split the difference and just read half?

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #9743 on: November 22, 2023, 09:39:55 PM »
A friend is insisting I read it.  Sounds fishy to me too.

Split the difference and just read half?

Here's an idea. Read a section from each chapter, and it might seem like you read the whole book.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9744 on: November 22, 2023, 09:45:15 PM »
Here's an idea. Read a section from each chapter, and it might seem like you read the whole book.
Read the first and last page. Tell him you liked how it started but hated how it ended.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #9745 on: November 22, 2023, 11:09:41 PM »
Just read the book the Norry sped redding method.  Open the book, caress the front and back covers.  Flip through the entire book and call it done.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #9746 on: November 22, 2023, 11:24:58 PM »
From the library of George Noory, the 3x5 card edition...
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9747 on: November 23, 2023, 05:33:03 AM »

Late in my career I had to take a course for senior staff called "The Multi-Generational Workforce." The instructor, a mid thirty-ish woman, spent a great deal of time harping on how older workers/baby boomers placed entirely too much emphasis on being on time. She explained those younger than us didn't have that time hang up, technology had done away with worrying about the clock. They had lived their entire lives with 24 hour gas stations/convenience stores, DVRs, shopping on line, electronic banking, etc., and weren't programmed/constrained to see time as an issue.

In the class was a USAF colonel who sat straight faced during her spiel, then politely raised his hand. When called upon, he asked her if she'd every served in the military. She seemed bemused by the question, and replied with a smirky, smart ass, "Nope." He simply said, "I didn't think so. I don't have time to waste listening to this horseshit." With that he walked out

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #9748 on: November 23, 2023, 06:52:11 AM »
Late in my career I had to take a course for senior staff called "The Multi-Generational Workforce." The instructor, a mid thirty-ish woman, spent a great deal of time harping on how older workers/baby boomers placed entirely too much emphasis on being on time. She explained those younger than us didn't have that time hang up, technology had done away with worrying about the clock. They had lived their entire lives with 24 hour gas stations/convenience stores, DVRs, shopping on line, electronic banking, etc., and weren't programmed/constrained to see time as an issue.

In the class was a USAF colonel who sat straight faced during her spiel, then politely raised his hand. When called upon, he asked her if she'd every served in the military. She seemed bemused by the question, and replied with a smirky, smart ass, "Nope." He simply said, "I didn't think so. I don't have time to waste listening to this horseshit." With that he walked out

I'm well into my 4th decade as a software engineer. In general, my take is if you were an asshole as a young guy, you'll be an asshole as an old guy. It is possible to lose assholeness but it is pretty darn rare. I'd rather work with the gray hairs because of two reasons - they have been through some shit in the past and aren't likely to flake out when things get tough and we have shared experiences. I remember once we had received a bunch of new equipment at the loading dock and I grabbed a broad shouldered young lad to help me with it. "C'mon Dan, we got to move refridgerators".  The Dire Straits reference went over his head. Had to explain the song and video to him and had a laugh over it.

In general the kids are fine. Oh there are a few odd ducks - the Me/We/Them crowd, the comfort needers and the diversity clowns.  The Me/We's are okay if they can do the job - if they can you just ignore them and them cook. If they can't well they get the I-40 shuffle and are gone. For a time the comfort thing was in style. "I am emotionally f-ed up HR. I need my dog to comfort me".  It was fine for awhile until some chicks Lab barfed up half a mole in aisle. Pretty gnarlly - Head was still on and its little mole eye hole thingys staring in death. The issue was the clean up. Miss Emotional expected La Señorita the Guatemalan cleaning lady to clean it up.  La Señorita felt that wasn't in her sphere of responsibilities and had a clip board checklist to prove it. Pretty good screeching match ensued with La Señorita prevailing in the end [rightly so IMHO].  That wounded the comfort movement but Spider Guy killed it.  Some jackhole decide he wanted to bring his tarantula for emotional comfort.  About every female in the joint objected and that was the end of the whole thing.  We have also had some issues on occasion with diversifiers. We work with people from all over the world and no one really cares - the issue crops up when someone is hired on to work on X but feel that they want to do Y and feel that the umbrella of diversity makes this acceptable. "No way Jose - you can do stuff on the Aztec Business Working Group on your own time no get to work on Project X or hit the street".

My biggest worry is that the young guys may have a long term competency issue. I don't know what to do about it either. When I was a new hire, if I hit a snag and couldn't figure something out I could: think it through and do some trial and error, go down the hall and ask the old guy if he had seen it before - chances are he had and that he had good advice on the ramifications of the solution or you could go to the company library and get a phyiscal book and study some. The main point is you stopped and had to think the mother through thoroughly.  As time passed, I became the old guy down the hall and the kids would ask me stuff. When internet searches readily available they came to me less and less. Google almost always had the answer - someone else had hit the issue, fought through it, documented it for the world to leverage. A big time saver to be sure but at what ultimate cost? Does the kid really understand the core of the issue and its resolution? Maybe/Maybe not. Modern product schedules are insane. More than likely they don't know why the suggested fix worked nor do they have the time to know. It is worse now as they have an AI plugin in the IDE they use. The AI watches, monitors and suggests. I have an exemption where I don't have to use the IDE and I don't. The youngsters have to do so and it is really quite amazing. The White Shoe Boys are demanding a tripling in productivity and I think they will get it eventually. My worry is what happens when I am dead and buried and the current young guys are the old guys?  Will solutions still be found, put in Google for the AI to pickup?  Or will the whole thing collapse like the movie Idiocracy? "Why come don't this work? Dood - it no work!"

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #9749 on: November 23, 2023, 01:47:27 PM »
There will be no human work.  Carbon units unneeded. It's
Merry Christmas