Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 852784 times)

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #9780 on: December 06, 2023, 04:45:00 AM »
Wasn't it Ian who shot down some wild claims from Cleopatra?

Something like "No, that's not it." Or "Don't you know that?"

Yes.  She was off and running with one of her yarns, and casually mentioned "B.C." stood for "Before Cleopatra." Ian cut her off at the knees.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #9781 on: December 06, 2023, 05:11:45 AM »
With Cornelius showing a spine, I'm thinking he'd be a better host than sNoory.
Merry Christmas

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9782 on: December 06, 2023, 05:18:46 AM »
Louise (reincarnated Cleopatra) just called in claiming she knows where a lot of the old Egyptian lost tombs are!
Noory now wants his guest to talk to "Cleopatra" and she is asked about details of how King Tut died.
She also says Nefretiti was her mother.

A few years ago, George had a real Egyptologist on as a guest, the lady was a no nonsense college professor.  Louise called in, and after George gave the astonished guest an explanation of who Louise was/claimed to be, she told the professor she'd be happy to answer any questions she might have.  The professor asked where Cleopatra's grave/tomb was located, explaining this was still unknown.  Without missing a beat, Louise told her she couldn't remember where she was buried because, well...she was dead at the time she was interred. Seemed like a perfectly reasonable answer to George, but the poor professor seemed bemused. Later George asked the prof about aliens having built the pyramids. I note that guest has not been on C2C since.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9783 on: December 06, 2023, 10:12:35 AM »
A few years ago, George had a real Egyptologist on as a guest, the lady was a no nonsense college professor.  Louise called in, and after George gave the astonished guest an explanation of who Louise was/claimed to be, she told the professor she'd be happy to answer any questions she might have.  The professor asked where Cleopatra's grave/tomb was located, explaining this was still unknown.  Without missing a beat, Louise told her she couldn't remember where she was buried because, well...she was dead at the time she was interred. Seemed like a perfectly reasonable answer to George, but the poor professor seemed bemused. Later George asked the prof about aliens having built the pyramids. I note that guest has not been on C2C since.

I used to feel sorry for the non-flakes lured onto the show, staying up late only to spend a few hours with an idiot.  But I realized it was on them to do their research about the show and the host, and besides, they usually had something to sell.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9784 on: December 06, 2023, 10:40:34 AM »
I used to feel sorry for the non-flakes lured onto the show, staying up late only to spend a few hours with an idiot.  But I realized it was on them to do their research about the show and the host, and besides, they usually had something to sell.

Many authors have said sells of their books have skyrocketed after having appeared on C2C. Film makers and podcasters have made similar claims about post-C2C appearances.  We certainly know Thomas from La Jolla has bought, or plans to buy, most of the books being hawked. 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #9785 on: December 06, 2023, 03:20:41 PM »
Many authors have said sells of their books have skyrocketed after having appeared on C2C. Film makers and podcasters have made similar claims about post-C2C appearances.  We certainly know Thomas from La Jolla has bought, or plans to buy, most of the books being hawked.

No wonder that the Barnes and Noble there is a three story facility with free massages and valet service.
😁😁😁

(No, there's no B&N there. There used to be a Tower Records there and a Borders.)
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9786 on: December 06, 2023, 11:27:07 PM »
Stupid Noory asked his guest what a scarecrow is for - she told him its to scare crows of course!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9787 on: December 07, 2023, 12:23:12 AM »
Stupid Noory asked his guest what a scarecrow is for - she told him its to scare crows of course!

I'm surprised he can pronounce it.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9788 on: December 07, 2023, 10:41:03 PM »
Noory has an astronaut who only went into orbit in the space shuttle as his guest tonight.
Stupid Noory asked him what was it like to take off in the Saturn rocket - but the guest had to tell him he wouldn't know since the Saturn rocket was only used for the Apollo moon missions, when he was a little kid! :D

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9789 on: December 07, 2023, 11:01:03 PM »
Did I mention that the nightly replay on KOGO 600 San Diego is now three hours?
Eh, nevermind...

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #9790 on: December 08, 2023, 08:49:15 AM »
His contract has been leaked.  In dissecting the contracting, between color scribbles it show a bonus of $3.50 for each question asked of a guest that is dumber than the one before.  The dollars add up.  The stupidity grows and grows.  Norry becomes richer and richer and can award more turkey sammies.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9791 on: December 08, 2023, 08:59:37 AM »
His contract has been leaked.  In dissecting the contracting, between color scribbles it show a bonus of $3.50 for each question asked of a guest that is dumber than the one before.  The dollars add up.  The stupidity grows and grows.  Norry becomes richer and richer and can award more turkey sammies.

Has he gotten his annual 5-year renewal yet? Or has everybody figured out that he was getting annual 5-year renewals and so they stopped that scam?
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9792 on: December 08, 2023, 09:15:00 PM »

Listened to this show this evening, the female zoologist was a delight.  She reminded me of Mary Roach, the science writer Ian interviewed as a semi-regular guest back in the day.  This gal had a really good, and quick, sense of humor that seemed to elude George.   She get off a funny line that was over George's head, and like a dolt he'd just plow on to the next question on the 3×5 cards.  I'd love to see this gal on with Ian or Syrett.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9793 on: December 08, 2023, 09:40:25 PM »
Listened to this show this evening, the female zoologist was a delight.  She reminded me of Mary Roach, the science writer Ian interviewed as a semi-regular guest back in the day.  This gal had a really good, and quick, sense of humor that seemed to elude George.   She get off a funny line that was over George's head, and like a dolt he'd just plow on to the next question on the 3×5 cards.  I'd love to see this gal on with Ian or Syrett.

Agreed. Asking about deer damage to a big rig was interesting.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9794 on: December 12, 2023, 02:01:18 AM »
Tonight's guest, Susan Allen, makes $500 for a 50-minute reading... $375 for 20 minutes.  She didn't sound too sharp on the show...

Argh.
Eh, nevermind...