Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851797 times)

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #9870 on: December 24, 2023, 08:51:04 AM »
Glioblastoma.

Other cancers that don't get diagnosed until too late?

He could have been diagnosed with one of the turbo cancers that have been cropping up lately.  They began as stage four and spread to multiple organs of the bodies all within the span of a few short months. 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #9871 on: December 24, 2023, 09:09:37 AM »
He could have been diagnosed with one of the turbo cancers that have been cropping up lately.  They began as stage four and spread to multiple organs of the bodies all within the span of a few short months.

I don't remember what thread I saw it in, but K State University announced that it was a genetic liver problem. I am actually kind of glad they announced it is non-alcohol related.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9872 on: December 24, 2023, 02:42:27 PM »
I don't remember what thread I saw it in, but K State University announced that it was a genetic liver problem. I am actually kind of glad they announced it is non-alcohol related.
It was posted in the c2cam with Ian Punnett thread.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9873 on: December 24, 2023, 10:27:15 PM »
Before Coast airs on KFI Radio, Los Angeles. It might be national. It's an iHeart podcast compilation that discusses classic c2c topics. This week, the haunted house of Mark Twain.
Eh, nevermind...

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #9874 on: December 25, 2023, 10:54:14 PM »
But it would be understandable with him having to deal with the Noory's regular callers.

I couldn't believe Noory had Robert Morningside on his show with Hoagland recommending him lol. When I used to listen to Otherside of Midnight with Hoagland, Morningshide was always on and it seemed like they hated each other, and not in the "Oh they just disagree" I felt they really didn't like each other, but they needed each other as Hoagland needed any guest who would accept in invite and Morningside just loved the sound of his own voice  ;D

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9875 on: December 25, 2023, 11:58:25 PM »
Noory just played him singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" terribly from that nearly 20 year old c2cam Christmas Music CD they made and couldn't sell them so he starting giving them away as prizes at one point.  He let the song play on all the way to the end at least twice as long as regular bumper music play times!

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9876 on: December 26, 2023, 05:50:09 AM »
Before Coast airs on KFI Radio, Los Angeles. It might be national. It's an iHeart podcast compilation that discusses classic c2c topics. This week, the haunted house of Mark Twain.
George always used to say Tim Conway Jr's radio show was on KFI prior to C2C.  Is he still on KFI?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9877 on: December 26, 2023, 06:49:49 AM »
George always used to say Tim Conway Jr's radio show was on KFI prior to C2C.  Is he still on KFI?

Yes, they tweaked the schedule a while back for diversity and his slot is earlier.  Same schtick. His old side man, Randy Wang, is much more prominent on a competing station. Doh! KFI also has introduced "Before Coast" on weekends, I think.

Noory just played him singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" terribly from that nearly 20 year old c2cam Christmas Music CD they made and couldn't sell them so he starting giving them away as prizes at one point.  He let the song play on all the way to the end at least twice as long as regular bumper music play times!

That sucked and shows how the lack of self-awareness is a mental illness.
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9878 on: December 26, 2023, 09:16:32 AM »
Yes, they tweaked the schedule a while back for diversity and his slot is earlier.  Same schtick. His old side man, Randy Wang, is much more prominent on a competing station. Doh! KFI also has introduced "Before Coast" on weekends, I think.

Thanks.

After hearing Conway Jr on with George a couple times, I listened to him a few evenings.  I wasn't sure what to expect knowing his Dad's comedy was more physical in nature, but I really enjoyed him.   

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9879 on: December 26, 2023, 10:02:48 PM »

damn, I just read on the Ian thread he had a genetic liver disease and had only been approved for a liver transplant the day before he died. :(

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9880 on: December 26, 2023, 10:11:12 PM »

apparently no love lost between George Knapp and Ian, his tweet following the news of Ian's death was very short and perfunctory, no condolences nor expression of sympathy, just that the Coast staff had informed him that Ian died. another person on Twitter posted one of his favorite parts of Coast is when Knapp hosts he purposely would leave Ian out when reading off his acknowledgements at the end of the show, or maybe it was vice versa and it was Ian who wouldn't recognize Knapp, or maybe both omitted the other.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9881 on: December 26, 2023, 10:36:39 PM »
apparently no love lost between George Knapp and Ian, his tweet following the news of Ian's death was very short and perfunctory, no condolences nor expression of sympathy, just that the Coast staff had informed him that Ian died. another person on Twitter posted one of his favorite parts of Coast is when Knapp hosts he purposely would leave Ian out when reading off his acknowledgements at the end of the show, or maybe it was vice versa and it was Ian who wouldn't recognize Knapp, or maybe both omitted the other.

"https://twitter.com/g_knapp/status/1738290387805225393?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 22, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9882 on: December 26, 2023, 11:04:46 PM »
Maybe because Ian was actually hand-picked by Art and George wasn't? Purely speculative, just thinking...
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9883 on: December 26, 2023, 11:17:39 PM »
"https://twitter.com/g_knapp/status/1738290387805225393?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 22, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pretty cold no? he could have said Ian contributed a lot to Coast's success, mentioned his accomplishments, expressed his condolences to Ian's wife and sons.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9884 on: December 26, 2023, 11:24:55 PM »

Noory's a cunt himself, he purposely leaves Richard Syrett, Connie Willis and Lisa Garr out of his acknowledgements at the end of the show. Nobody hates Connie Willis being a host as much as I do but her and the others have been hosting Coast on weekends for years and deserve a mention if Noory mentions Knapp and Ian. He's a creep.