Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 851478 times)

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #10185 on: April 10, 2024, 07:11:16 PM »
Joe from Monterey can be a prickly customer. Connie actually had him on once as a show guest. Joe was the first caller in the second segment and without interruption reamed the guest to shreds. Noory responded with his trademark comeback "Interesting take". How many times did he use this tonight? We lost count. He finally caught himself with just "Interesting ... " and then "Interesting observation". Now that is creative broadcasting.

It's only Tuesday and he ducked out early. And no one seems to complain when the guest disappears without a sendoff and the host pops in an old rerun.

Joe called Ian Punnett one Friday night on open lines with his line of bullshit and Ian uttered destroyed him. The best part was Ian pressing the guy to explain "spirit guides." That was probably the best call I ever heard with one of the rent-a-hosts.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #10186 on: April 10, 2024, 08:22:22 PM »
Joe called Ian Punnett one Friday night on open lines with his line of bullshit and Ian uttered destroyed him. The best part was Ian pressing the guy to explain "spirit guides." That was probably the best call I ever heard with one of the rent-a-hosts.

Which makes it all the more unusual why Joe would be so harsh in bashing the guest.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10187 on: April 11, 2024, 01:51:49 AM »
2 nights in a row already Noory cut his second guest off early to go to an old replay of part of a years old interview for the last half hour...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #10188 on: April 11, 2024, 05:27:05 AM »
my god the radio business is a shadow of what it was, struggling to survive, which it won't for much longer. once powerful huge revenue stations just go dark. here's TALKERS magazine's, the 'Bible of the Talk Radio Industry', 2024 Heavy Hundred list of the top 100 talk radio hosts. I've listened to probably 60% of them, most are terrible hacks. How bad are things? Noory is ranked #21, a spot ahead of Howard Stern. The methodology favors over the air talents over satellite and internet podcast based people.

I hate Noory because he's a bumbling oblivious doofus who destroyed somebody else's creation. He's the Inspector Clouseau of radio, my 'hate' for him isn't really hate, hard to hate somebody who's helpless. But I fucking hate Frank Morano, that he's even on this list at #44 is all one has to know about the state of talk radio in 2024.

https://talkers.com/heavyhundred/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #10189 on: April 11, 2024, 05:36:32 AM »
2 nights in a row already Noory cut his second guest off early to go to an old replay of part of a years old interview for the last half hour...

always the consummate professional.

Rush Limbaugh dying of cancer bravely continued to do his show even while he was in great distress in his final days, because he had pride and great respect for talk radio and his audience.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #10190 on: April 11, 2024, 07:43:13 AM »
Does Talkers magazine have a letters to the editor section?
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #10191 on: April 11, 2024, 08:18:53 AM »
... he's a bumbling oblivious doofus who destroyed somebody else's creation...

Don't forget the people who hired him, and keep him on.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #10192 on: April 11, 2024, 08:20:49 AM »
... here's TALKERS magazine's, the 'Bible of the Talk Radio Industry', 2024 Heavy Hundred list of the top 100 talk radio hosts. I've listened to probably 60% of them, most are terrible hacks. How bad are things? Noory is ranked #21, a spot ahead of Howard Stern...

Do their stations pay to place them on the list, or is that just the Radio Hall of Fame?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10193 on: April 11, 2024, 12:03:29 PM »
Do their stations pay to place them on the list, or is that just the Radio Hall of Fame?

Probably a pay-to-rank...  with limited media companies running the show, probably not real rankings.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10194 on: April 12, 2024, 11:43:32 PM »
Tonight on the air Tommy was promoting an upcoming event next month that he claims will be the first time George Noory and George Knapp will appear together on stage answering questions:

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #10195 on: April 13, 2024, 08:43:25 AM »
Tonight on the air Tommy was promoting an upcoming event next month that he claims will be the first time George Noory and George Knapp will appear together on stage answering questions:

It is probably the first and last time.  George Knapp will probably find a red-eye flight to Boston next time.  There is being quite the community set up there.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10196 on: April 13, 2024, 09:28:15 AM »
There's no way George Knapp bothers unless there is a paycheck involved. While our Las Vegas friend, George Knapp, is a real journalist with a real job in television news and actually knew Art Bell, I don't see him respecting George Norway beyond the fact that there's a big void that George Knapp fills and makes money at it.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #10197 on: April 13, 2024, 01:36:41 PM »
We should call in and ask sNoory to fund a trip there for Cornelius.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10198 on: April 13, 2024, 02:51:04 PM »
We should call in and ask sNoory to fund a trip there for Cornelius.

Great idea. You could even add in giving the sad pack the hotel and room number for where he is staying. Tell everybody that he likes getting calls at 2:30 in the morning...
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10199 on: April 17, 2024, 12:46:25 AM »
 Noory at the last minute cut down regular monthly guest Doc Wallet and his infomercial to only one hour tonight to have John Curtis on for an hour on current events.