Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 600224 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #7605 on: May 17, 2024, 04:50:54 AM »
Was watching this weird Keanua Reeves movie and out of nowhere Alex Jones makes a cameo. He's doing his schtick and gets disappeared by the heat. I'm still laughing.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7606 on: May 17, 2024, 07:42:20 PM »
In today's mail I got a Montgomery Wards flyer.

a) I had no idea Wards was still in business, b) that they still had a mail order business, and c) I've never shopped there or bought anything from them ever.  I haven't seen a Wards store or thought about them in decades.

*In Podunk growing up, we had a Wards, a Sears, and later a K-Mart.  My dad hated Wards, reason never explained - probably his father bought something from them in about 1930 and it broke or didn't work right, or maybe never came in the mail, who knows.  All my friends had things from Wards.  When I got my first car one of the things I did was stop at the Wards store and look around inside to see what it was like.  It was like Sears. Lol.

Anyway, it was weird seeing it in the mail, I'll have to flip through it one of these days.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7607 on: May 17, 2024, 09:09:19 PM »
In today's mail I got a Montgomery Wards flyer.

a) I had no idea Wards was still in business, b) that they still had a mail order business, and c) I've never shopped there or bought anything from them ever.  I haven't seen a Wards store or thought about them in decades.

*In Podunk growing up, we had a Wards, a Sears, and later a K-Mart.  My dad hated Wards, reason never explained - probably his father bought something from them in about 1930 and it broke or didn't work right, or maybe never came in the mail, who knows.  All my friends had things from Wards.  When I got my first car one of the things I did was stop at the Wards store and look around inside to see what it was like.  It was like Sears. Lol.

Anyway, it was weird seeing it in the mail, I'll have to flip through it one of these days.

I like reading posts like this.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7608 on: May 17, 2024, 09:16:14 PM »
Did some looking around at the 'other places'................ this truly does seem to be the last of the AB related 'GAB' boards.

I only know abouts Azz's place and BellGabs latest failed kaboom! Perhaps there are others?

The unfettered, unchained, and never to be realized KSMGAB is on so much ice.  ;D :D :) :P

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7609 on: May 17, 2024, 09:26:50 PM »
Did some looking around at the 'other places'................ this truly does seem to be the last of the AB related 'GAB' boards.

I only know abouts Azz's place and BellGabs latest failed kaboom! Perhaps there are others?

The unfettered, unchained, and never to be realized KSMGAB is on so much ice.  ;D :D :) :P

The fantastic forum still lives:
https://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/

Looks like #artbell is no more over on EfNet. Spent a lot of time there back in the day. http://www.efnet.org/

There is also an art bell subreddit on reddit that still gets traction.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7610 on: May 17, 2024, 09:48:25 PM »

The fantastic forum still lives:
https://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/

Looks like #artbell is no more over on EfNet. Spent a lot of time there back in the day. http://www.efnet.org/

There is also an art bell subreddit on reddit that still gets traction.

AHH! Thank you sir.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7611 on: Today at 01:57:35 AM »
I like reading posts like this.

Here's another one from my dad.

When I turned 15 1/2 or 16 1/2, whatever the age was I could have an after school job in our state, we'd be out driving somewhere - to or from church, to the store, over to someone's house, my dad would spot a 'Help Wanted' sign in a window - he'd pull right over and stop the car. 

''Get out'' he'd say, ''go in there and apply for the job''.  Oh great.  He must have had every dish washing job in town already scouted out.  On the way in I'd look back and my little brother would be looking out the car window at me, figuring he'd be next. 

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7612 on: Today at 05:03:41 AM »
Bob Evans. Down on the farm. Kicking ass.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7613 on: Today at 07:01:56 AM »
Part II

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #7614 on: Today at 07:55:57 AM »
Bob Evan’s? He makes good mashed taters and Mac n cheese.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7615 on: Today at 08:18:15 AM »
Wonder how much it the sold for at auction?  Tree-Fiddy at least.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7616 on: Today at 10:04:48 AM »
Bob Evan’s? He makes good mashed taters and Mac n cheese.

I had a stalker named Bob Evans. I hear he's dead, memories resurfaced. How dare you! 🙄🙄🙄
Eh, nevermind...