Author Topic: The Bartcast  (Read 336282 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: The Bartcast
« Reply #1335 on: October 01, 2018, 09:05:03 PM »
I bought a small political button/pin in my favorite bookstore in NYC, the Strand. It says "Make America Think Again. Strand Bookstore" The store name is in smaller print. It's blue with white lettering. I can't tell you how many people loved it and commented on it in NYC... then I got off the plane where I now live and got a scowl from a dried-out older guy, clearly a Trump guy. But I plan to wear it prominently from now till the election, and I'll get more flak here than in NYC for sure. That's why it's important to wear it, along with my "It's Mueller Time" pin that I got last year in Washington Square Park.

But go to the political thread? Not on your life...  8)

Hillary Clinton, the thinking person's choice?

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1336 on: October 01, 2018, 10:47:23 PM »
I bought a small political button/pin in my favorite bookstore in NYC, the Strand. It says "Make America Think Again. Strand Bookstore" The store name is in smaller print. It's blue with white lettering. I can't tell you how many people loved it and commented on it in NYC... then I got off the plane where I now live and got a scowl from a dried-out older guy, clearly a Trump guy. But I plan to wear it prominently from now till the election, and I'll get more flak here than in NYC for sure. That's why it's important to wear it, along with my "It's Mueller Time" pin that I got last year in Washington Square Park.

But go to the political thread? Not on your life...  8)

You go, girl! I love it! @Aquarius .  I never said I was smart. Just like to mix it up a little
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #1337 on: October 02, 2018, 03:49:03 AM »
Did I read correctly that Ms. May is planning a "Brexit festival"?

Maybe we are all going to practice starving to death :(
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #1338 on: October 02, 2018, 03:49:51 AM »
I'm further than Yorkshire now. I'm from Yorkshire, and now have ventured out to bring some semblance of civilisation to the colonies. It's an onerous, desperately unrewarding job, but someone has to do it.

It’s not their fault, you have to be kind to them.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #1339 on: October 02, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »
Hillary Clinton, the thinking person's choice?
Clinton? Choice of lesser of two serious evils. Not a fan of either major party candidate in the last election. 'Nuff said, I'm staying away from politics now. <g>
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #1340 on: October 02, 2018, 10:27:20 PM »
Clinton? Choice of lesser of two serious evils. Not a fan of either major party candidate in the last election. 'Nuff said, I'm staying away from politics now. <g>
P.S. I should have added that I can't even get to their politics, either of them... I have friends back in NYC who knew both of them from way back when, very well... and knowing what I've heard about both of them personally and professionally over the years I wouldn't feel comfortable with either of them at the helm of our country. It's a character thing for me. Just saying...
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

« Reply #1341 on: October 04, 2018, 07:53:44 AM »
I think Dale in Austin would be a "big get" for the Bartcast

Doomed

• Ellightened
« Reply #1342 on: October 04, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »
I think Dale in Austin would be a "big get" for the Bartcast
The Fence Sitter hour of Power.
Its ambivalence with a smidge of desperation.
Yeh. It could work. Maybe...

malachi.martini

• Cuckshacker
  • KIDD
« Reply #1343 on: October 05, 2018, 11:01:10 AM »

Finally catching up, holy shit at that Karen episode. Pony did a great job helming, all things considered.

The first episode was rough, talking about how a community founded on personal attacks is better now that it's politically correct and relegates personal attacks to a zoo where the banned can attack each privately is pretty grotesque. Boomers ruin everything don't they?

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #1344 on: October 05, 2018, 11:06:52 AM »
Finally catching up, holy shit at that Karen episode. Pony did a great job helming, all things considered.

The first episode was rough, talking about how a community founded on personal attacks is better now that it's politically correct and relegates personal attacks to a zoo where the banned can attack each privately is pretty grotesque. Boomers ruin everything don't they?
Thanks for the compliment. I'm not a boomer but I do prefer it here to bellgab. The first episode was not my finest work and the format has since changed for the better I think. But not due to the subject matter, regarding the first episode, but due to my co-host being an hour later than he said he would be and YP having to step in at the last minute. Also first time hosting while leading. I do better with structure and a co-host but still have a long way to go.

Edited to say : I do this as a hobby too. Zero experience professionally just having fun.

malachi.martini

• Cuckshacker
  • KIDD
« Reply #1345 on: October 05, 2018, 11:20:36 AM »
Thanks for the compliment. I'm not a boomer but I do prefer it here to bellgab.

In clown world, everyone over 30 is a boomer. :)

I'm not surprised you prefer it now that it's a safe space tbh. The modern communal feminine seems to have most trouble with unfiltered truth and banter. (It's why the corporate state keeps pushing "THE FUTURE IS FEMALE.") What made Bellgab special was that it wasn't moderated, and in a world where everything is a sanitized shithole run by censorious authoritarians that control who/what you can challenge, and how you can do it, it was rare. There was literally everywhere else to go if you wanted a safe space. Sad.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1346 on: October 05, 2018, 11:26:53 AM »

I'm not surprised you prefer it now that it's a safe space tbh. The modern communal feminine seems to have most trouble with unfiltered truth and banter. (It's why the corporate state keeps pushing "THE FUTURE IS FEMALE.") What made Bellgab special was that it wasn't moderated, and in a world where everything is a sanitized shithole run by censorious authoritarians that control who/what you can challenge, and how you can do it, it was rare. There was literally everywhere else to go if you wanted a safe space. Sad.

Don’t blame them. They didn’t shut down BellGab.
Are we having fun yet?

malachi.martini

• Cuckshacker
  • KIDD
« Reply #1347 on: October 05, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »
Don’t blame them. They didn’t shut down BellGab.

I'm not blaming Pony for being predisposed to enjoying safe spaces, that's what she likes.

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #1348 on: October 05, 2018, 11:31:52 AM »
The whole world is becoming a safe space.  It seems to be what quite a few want.  I blame participation trophies.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #1349 on: October 05, 2018, 11:32:07 AM »

My line was having someone tell me publicly they were going to hold me down and f**k me straight so yeah I was done after that. I don't consider that banter. But I left. I didn't demand it change. I suggested some moderation would allow more of the old posters to stay. In the end MV pulled the plug. I certainly had nothing to do with it.

I enjoy your posts and was just offering you the counter to your opinion. I believe 4chan is still like that.