Author Topic: The Bartcast  (Read 336232 times)

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: The Bartcast
« Reply #1665 on: October 14, 2018, 10:47:42 AM »
Heater killed him too?

Yep. Bored him to death
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #1666 on: October 14, 2018, 10:51:42 AM »
Time to upgrade

No no he is a keeper, in the end I will get a couple of them hairless cats.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1667 on: October 14, 2018, 10:55:03 AM »
No no he is a keeper, in the end I will get a couple of them hairless cats.

@Peter Wyngarde is available for a fortnight if you want to do a trial run.
Are we having fun yet?

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #1668 on: October 14, 2018, 10:55:36 AM »
British humor. Uncanny

OK, Miss (sorry, Ms) Snootydrawers. Don't question my comic timing. You obviously don't know what 'on the game' means. Get DH to explain.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #1669 on: October 14, 2018, 10:57:19 AM »
@Peter Wyngarde is available for a fortnight if you want to do a trial run.

He’s far too hairy.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #1670 on: October 14, 2018, 11:01:49 AM »
He’s far too hairy.

The hirsuteness of my upper-lip is in inverse proportion to the smoothness of my scrotum.

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1671 on: October 14, 2018, 11:03:52 AM »
No, it's worse. Heather clearly has mental problems. It would be better to leave her alone. If you want to knock her, fine, but don't pretend you're above it all.

For fuck's sake, woman. You spend most of your time on here bitching about Heather. Go look up 'irony' in the dictionary.

Isn't that the truth .. the irony of:

People that live "in glass houses"  (broadcasters) shouldn't be throwing stones. (At other broadcasters and if they do the irony of them getting upset if stones are thrown at them seems contrived)

If a broadcaster (podcaster), expect the stones.. develope a thick skin..duh

Karen's game is a shameful one (self appointed protector and destroyer of others) but very interesting.. she's like our own little Walter Winchell.

Love ALL
Quija Board Update: "January 1, 2035 still alive"

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1672 on: October 14, 2018, 11:44:24 AM »
Glad you enjoyed the shows :) Ty for your kind words :)

I get it.. I'm fan of Art's and Bellgab's MV(W) style of hosting.
To ask very timely and provoking questions from a guest for entertainment value.

But when you had a guest like Michelle or Karen it's entertaining to remain silent like Dave S and let the quest "hang" themselves.

Problem with that, most guest aren't entertaining enough and the host needs to draw them out more, using skills like Art and MV(W) have.

Heather,  tries to actively draw them out, but  the results are ..... thousands of pages of hateful and snarky commentary. Oh my... Like Noory eh?  LOL Noory is unlistenable while Heather is listenable, maybe someday she can fill his chair too?

Another issue is the host a believer? Art and MV(W) weren't while Heather and Dave seem to be. Non believers focus more on the entertainment aspects.
Quija Board Update: "January 1, 2035 still alive"

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
  • Run Airyn... Run and don't look back...
« Reply #1673 on: October 14, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
It’s really very very simple, if you are unhappy with the way things are done and said here you now no longer have to torment yourself with the low brow terribly déclassé manner in which we do things as you have your own little sinkhole to play in with your friends.

If you do choose to come over here then you play by the rules which have evolved here.

If you can’t do that, don’t come here. If you have to come here and don’t want to play by the rules of this sandpit, don’t act all arsey when someone tells you to fuck off. Apparently you like it when people do that.

It's only too bad that Bart has not appointed you a moderator.  Wouldn't it be nice to decide who is worthy of posting here, and who is not?

I suppose that the rule could be that you are not allowed to be a member on both sites.  Choose one or the other.  "Your are either wid us, or your again us."  ::)

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1674 on: October 14, 2018, 11:46:32 AM »
I'm suspecting the tea haters don't have access to Bojangles

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I wonder if bojangles has any decedents and if the chain paid any kind of a royalty for the use of his name?  I smell a court case.  ;)

K_Dubb

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1675 on: October 14, 2018, 11:49:03 AM »
I recently ate at the Glass and Bottle in Binfield (it’s not an invitation to fight btw) which was very very good, and The Potkiln in Frilsham ... we have excellent gastropubs around here.

The Potkiln is a Game speciality gastro place ... slowly curing me of my aversion to Venison

I am pleased that English cuisine seems to be recovering from the ghastly horrors of the last century.  I can't quite figure out what went wrong.  My current theory is a combination of two factors: 

1.  Domestic service, which you guys employed pre-war to a far greater extent than anyone else, sullying the noble discipline with issues of status and class.  In practice, this meant that the few who could import French cooks ate well but the vast majority of middle-class aspirationals had to make do with the dubious inspirations of lower-class servants, who were often treated with contempt and exacted their vengeance through culinary means.

2.  Post-war convenience which, as a faddish race, you embraced whole-heartedly (powdered blancmange, powdered custard, food bought at department stores and takeouts), reducing your kitchen facilities to little beyond what was necessary to boil tea.

Traditional English cuisine has much to offer -- I am a particular devotee of boiled puddings -- but can you please call your temples something other than "gastropubs"?  For those of us raised to believe in silent, invisible digestion, it is an etymological disaster.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1676 on: October 14, 2018, 11:50:14 AM »
I get it.. I'm fan of Art's and Bellgab's MV(W) style of hosting.

Quitting?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1677 on: October 14, 2018, 11:53:36 AM »
I am pleased that English cuisine seems to be recovering from the ghastly horrors of the last century.  I can't quite figure out what went wrong.  My current theory is a combination of two factors: 

1.  Domestic service, which you guys employed pre-war to a far greater extent than anyone else, sullying the noble discipline with issues of status and class.  In practice, this meant that the few who could import French cooks ate well but the vast majority of middle-class aspirationals had to make do with the dubious inspirations of lower-class servants, who were often treated with contempt and exacted their vengeance through culinary means.

2.  Post-war convenience which, as a faddish race, you embraced whole-heartedly (powdered blancmange, powdered custard, food bought at department stores and takeouts), reducing your kitchen facilities to little beyond what was necessary to boil tea.

Traditional English cuisine has much to offer -- I am a particular devotee of boiled puddings -- but can you please call your temples something other than "gastropubs"?  For those of us raised to believe in silent, invisible digestion, it is an etymological disaster.

This is why we pay you the big bucks.
Are we having fun yet?

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1678 on: October 14, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »
Another issue is the host a believer? Art and MV(W) weren't while Heather and Dave seem to be. Non believers focus more on the entertainment aspects.
I like Dave's show... But there is a great deal of truth in that.  A skeptic does seem to make a better host (possibly I just find this to be the case as their world view aligns closer with mine?)

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1679 on: October 14, 2018, 11:59:26 AM »
Woops... My posts appear to be upsetting people again.  :'(